Week 1 Tri Valley vs Akron SVSM

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Week 1 Tri Valley vs Akron SVSM

Post by Raider6309 »

Akron SVSM and Trotwood Madison are the heavy favorites to win D3.

Thoughts?

cbolt
SEOP

Re: Week 1 Tri Valley vs Akron SVSM

Post by cbolt »

Need to change your topic name there raider, I thought the Scotties were ready to take them on :lol: All joking aside would love to see this one. Well I looked and The Scottie Dogs do play them, that's what I first thought then I read your post and thought you meant Trotwood lol, anyway not knowing what either has coming back I would take the all star Irish in this one.
Last edited by cbolt on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

cbolt wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:26 pm Need to change your topic name there raider, I thought the Scotties were ready to take them on :lol: All joking aside would love to see this one. Well I looked and The Scottie Dogs do play them, that's what I first thought then I read your post and thought you meant Trotwood,anyway not knowing what either has coming back I would take the all star Irish in this one.
Just saying in the brutal D3, Akron SVSM is one of the favorites. SVSM always has a great defense

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Yea I knew what you meant once I saw the schedule, but I read you post and thought wow what game that would be ! I am afraid the Scotties will be a little over their head in this one, but would love to see them knock off the all stars.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Saw this on Yappi about SVSM. I have no clue what Tri Valley has
"STVM is very young and have multiple Freshman that have D1 Talent that started Varsity in 2016. The 2020 group lead by by QB Lindsey, RB Keyes, RB. Cook WR Ross, OL-DL Washington, LB Stams). The remaining base of the Team is the 2019 Class. The 2018 Group of OL Ervin, OL. Neil, WR-DB Walters, WR-S Younger DL-TE Taggert should provide strong leadership. The JV Squad only loss to St. Edward in 16. The schedule is the toughest In D3 (Tri Valley, Walsh Jesuit, Buchtel, Youngstown Cardinal Mooney, Hoban, Barberton, Cincinnati Lasalle, Massillon, Youngstown Ursuline. 8 of these teams are playoff Contenders with 2 defending State Champions."

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

That Stams name is mighty familiar to me. Steve Stams was a backup QB on the SVSM team that we beat in the '79 State Championship game 7-6. I played with Steve at Akron U when he was a starting QB on the '83 team that went 8-3. I played TE. Steve's younger brother Frank broke the heart of Tiger fans in the '82 State Championship when he took a punt or kickoff return for a TD and put the game out of reach. Frank went on to play at Notre Dame and for the Cleveland Browns. SVSM won the first Class AA State Championship in 1972 when the playoff format began. John Cistone was their long time coach winning 3 State Championsips that I know off, including the '88 championship against, who else, Ironton. I don't know what either team has but any game against SVSM is going to be a good one.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Tri-Valley played hard and played pretty well, but SVSM was just too strong upfront. Hard fought 21-13 for the Irish. No turnovers in the game.

Tri-Valley has a senior-laden team and after missing the playoffs in D2 at 9-1 last year. I think it is realistic they go 9-1 this year and host a D3 R11 game in week 11. Should be one of the top teams in R11.

And for the Logan fans, when TV opens up at Logan week 1 of 2018, they will be a very inexperienced team. But TV has done pretty well reloading the last decade. Can it continue? Answer a year away. Excited about this year for now.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Held their own

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good luck Tri Valley, the rest of the season. Kept it close. 8-)
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

teach1coach2 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:29 pm Tri-Valley played hard and played pretty well, but SVSM was just too strong upfront. Hard fought 21-13 for the Irish. No turnovers in the game.

Tri-Valley has a senior-laden team and after missing the playoffs in D2 at 9-1 last year. I think it is realistic they go 9-1 this year and host a D3 R11 game in week 11. Should be one of the top teams in R11.

And for the Logan fans, when TV opens up at Logan week 1 of 2018, they will be a very inexperienced team. But TV has done pretty well reloading the last decade. Can it continue? Answer a year away. Excited about this year for now.
Region 11 will be interesting. TV could be on the bubble at 9-1 since the MVL has been down
Outside of Desales and Dover since the should be close to 30 points, all these teams will be pushing around 20 points
1. Desales
2. Dover
3. Hamilton Township
4. Beechcroft
5. New Philadelphia
6. Bishop Hartley
7. Tri Valley
8. Athens
9. Jackson

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:42 pm
teach1coach2 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:29 pm Tri-Valley played hard and played pretty well, but SVSM was just too strong upfront. Hard fought 21-13 for the Irish. No turnovers in the game.

Region 11 will be interesting. TV could be on the bubble at 9-1 since the MVL has been down
Outside of Desales and Dover since the should be close to 30 points, all these teams will be pushing around 20 points
1. Desales
2. Dover
3. Hamilton Township
4. Beechcroft
5. New Philadelphia
6. Bishop Hartley
7. Tri Valley
8. Athens
9. Jackson
Athens must win 2/3 from Canal, Watkins and Logan and then win in Week 10. They are probably in a similar situation as TV. Can sweep the league and not have enough Harbins to get in due to the size and records of the league teams. However if they can win 2 from CW, WM, or Logan which are D2 and should all be around the .500 mark they can probably make it assuming they beat NY in Week 10.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Our schedule is pretty bad this year. Warren, Logan, Canal, and Watkins are low points games

Warren 2-8
Logan 3-7
Canal 3-7
Watkins 5-5

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Congrats Tri Valley for keeping it close! Thought it would be more lopsided.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:49 pm Our schedule is pretty bad this year. Warren, Logan, Canal, and Watkins are low points games

Warren 2-8
Logan 3-7
Canal 3-7
Watkins 5-5
and the only big schools you play.. Shame on you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Athens.....318
Alexander.....204
Vinton Cty.....246
Meigs.....204
Wellston.....165
River Valley.....198
Nelson York.....198

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

79Tiger wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:56 pm That Stams name is mighty familiar to me. Steve Stams was a backup QB on the SVSM team that we beat in the '79 State Championship game 7-6. I played with Steve at Akron U when he was a starting QB on the '83 team that went 8-3. I played TE. Steve's younger brother Frank broke the heart of Tiger fans in the '82 State Championship when he took a punt or kickoff return for a TD and put the game out of reach. Frank went on to play at Notre Dame and for the Cleveland Browns. SVSM won the first Class AA State Championship in 1972 when the playoff format began. John Cistone was their long time coach winning 3 State Championsips that I know off, including the '88 championship against, who else, Ironton. I don't know what either team has but any game against SVSM is going to be a good one.

I remember when pierre tismo jumped on franks back , and frank barely acknowledged he was taking a ride. it was like he barely knew he was there. frank was a beast.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:20 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:49 pm Our schedule is pretty bad this year. Warren, Logan, Canal, and Watkins are low points games

Warren 2-8
Logan 3-7
Canal 3-7
Watkins 5-5
and the only big schools you play.. Shame on you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Athens.....318
Alexander.....204
Vinton Cty.....246
Meigs.....204
Wellston.....165
River Valley.....198
Nelson York.....198