WHAT'S YOUR SUPRISE DARK HORSE TEAM IN YOUR AREA.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WHAT'S YOUR SUPRISE DARK HORSE TEAM IN YOUR AREA.

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

In Licking County I will go with Utica.
Last season 0-10
Points 122
Points allowed 468

Coach is in 2nd year.

As far as a dark horse, yes that is a stretch.
I do look for them to be better and maybe win a game.
I do think, and how can it not be, that the defense will be better.

Have not caught their schedule yet, so how much better ?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Seabee_0586 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:58 pm
mattash wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:41 pmGreen
I like your pick mattash
i'm with u. i've got some friends that live there who are sayin they have some decent talent

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

SOC 1: Green

SOC 2: West - Don't get bit by the injury bug and they will sneak up on people

SVC: Paint Valley/ Southeastern- Young and dangerous

TVC: Vinton County- Hearing really good things coming out of McArthur with this team

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I would agree West should be much better this year if not I would think the fans will not be happy.

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

mattash wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:15 pm My buddy Brian WIlliams played on the 10-0 team
Green went 10-0 in 89 and 90 seasons

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I remember they had some awesome teams back in the day. especially with so few boys to choose from.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Southeastern in the SVC could sneak up on some teams.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Belpre

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I think the Trojans will shock some people this year.

Who Dey!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope so get that rivalry with the tigers back in full swing.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

My dark horse is Miller.

A green vs miller regional semi would be the weirdest thing ever.

:)

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Fu did not have a good record last year, but I was impressed with how they competed and were in practically every game. They even held a sizable lead on Logan Elm. Biggest thing last year, and the reason why I expected them to struggle was because they hired a head coach so late in the process. They didn't have a full summer together and I think this year having winter, spring and summer together will help them out immensely. I'm not sure how many games they will win, but I expect them to again be improved and hopefully they will have a nice fall!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth certainly hasn't had much to boast about for the past decade (30-60 over the last 9 years), but this year's Trojan offense will be one of the best in the SE district. With the additions of Isaac Kelly at QB, Deanta Parker at WR, most of the O-line back, and with a talented Talyn Parker at RB, the PHS offense is loaded and should average 35-40 PPG. The Trojans gave up 32 PPG last year, and if that number is reduced by a TD, PHS should definitely be the top 8 of Region 19 after week 10, and a first playoff berth since 2007.
Last edited by trojandave on Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

My dark horse team is gallia academy. 19 last year. Point pleasant leaves the schedule, jackson is back on the schedule
offense scored 146 points last year. 74 of those points against south point and fairland besides that less then 10 points per game. defensively gave up 456 points. all skill players back except one receiver. when you are being outscored 31 points a game and take out ( south point and fairland) and they were out scored over 40 a game. they can improve a hell of a lot and it not show up in a lot of wins. The attitude and work ethic is there this team is really putting in the summer effort. They are still going to be smaller in size and give up probably an average of 250 to 350 across the line. But they need to figure out a way as a team to run for even 80 yards a game on legitimate run plays. that will open up the passing game and at least improve the offense 7 points a game. the big help will be defensively. the 3 or 4 more offensive 1st downs a game will help this defense maybe 14points a game or more. Lets just forget about the fact. The blue devils fielded a team with a lot of underclassmen on the field. the same will be true this year. most of what little size the blue devils had is all young.

So much of winning is attitude. when i look up and down schedule where do additional wins come from? Fairland? river valley? coal grove? i have no idea where they win. But here is the thing. Figure out a way to beat meigs in the opener i think river valley becomes winnable. when those 2 then why can you compete with coal grove, if you have done that fairland and south point should be in play. Now you are 5 wins if you have won 5 then rock hill shouldn't be out of question.

For me if they can stop anyone defensively. because i have no idea why every team the Blue devils face right now doesn't run the ball down there throats and say stop me. If they can slow teams down and just be able to run just a little bit. Then they will be able to pass and they can pass especially if a team has to at least respect the run.

Probably 2-8 or 3-7 but this team i dont think will average 3 turnovers a game like last year. and think they will not be ran out of the building by many teams but we will see.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that would be awesome to get the blue boys from the French city rolling again, as well as the Trojans, it would help strengthen the entire league.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

svac83 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:07 pm My dark horse team is gallia academy. 19 last year. Point pleasant leaves the schedule, jackson is back on the schedule
offense scored 146 points last year. 74 of those points against south point and fairland besides that less then 10 points per game. defensively gave up 456 points. all skill players back except one receiver. when you are being outscored 31 points a game and take out ( south point and fairland) and they were out scored over 40 a game. they can improve a hell of a lot and it not show up in a lot of wins. The attitude and work ethic is there this team is really putting in the summer effort. They are still going to be smaller in size and give up probably an average of 250 to 350 across the line. But they need to figure out a way as a team to run for even 80 yards a game on legitimate run plays. that will open up the passing game and at least improve the offense 7 points a game. the big help will be defensively. the 3 or 4 more offensive 1st downs a game will help this defense maybe 14points a game or more. Lets just forget about the fact. The blue devils fielded a team with a lot of underclassmen on the field. the same will be true this year. most of what little size the blue devils had is all young.

So much of winning is attitude. when i look up and down schedule where do additional wins come from? Fairland? river valley? coal grove? i have no idea where they win. But here is the thing. Figure out a way to beat meigs in the opener i think river valley becomes winnable. when those 2 then why can you compete with coal grove, if you have done that fairland and south point should be in play. Now you are 5 wins if you have won 5 then rock hill shouldn't be out of question.

For me if they can stop anyone defensively. because i have no idea why every team the Blue devils face right now doesn't run the ball down there throats and say stop me. If they can slow teams down and just be able to run just a little bit. Then they will be able to pass and they can pass especially if a team has to at least respect the run.

Probably 2-8 or 3-7 but this team i dont think will average 3 turnovers a game like last year. and think they will not be ran out of the building by many teams but we will see.
So you predict 2 to 3 wins and that's your dark horse?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

That is no Black Beauty.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:30 am My dark horse is Miller.

A green vs miller regional semi would be the weirdest thing ever.

:)
Gutsy call...considering it's been around 20 years since Miller beat a team that finished the season with a winning record.
Last edited by icanpickem on Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Jackson and Portsmouth both were right at or a little over .500 last year as I recall.

I am hearing some very good things about both through the rumor mills. Jackson should be back in the playoffs after a year off and Portsmouth may be sniffing an OVC title based on early summer prognosticators that usually are reliable and somewhat objective lol.

Jackson 9-1 and Portsmouth 8-2.

Banned4ever
Waterboy

Post by Banned4ever »

It has to be the Warren Warriors. They have a new turf field on the way and a major leaguer running the show.

Return to “Football”