Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

tomcat
Riding the Bench

Re: WK1 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Post by tomcat »

Not impressed with Burg's line and special teams. I feel the Burg had more talent, but Ironton played harder.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Many penalties on burg, defense looks stout tho

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:36 pm
Waterboy wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:33 pm Just listening to this game as an outsider. Ironton is getting screwed from the refs 1 call on the burg .
It’s one thing to be dumb, but don’t be an idiot. All calls have been legit. You can see it through your radio. But if you’d like to watch, go the wheelersburg FB page. It’s live.
What ? No running clock ? Holy cow ? I think the Wheelersburg era has come to an end cause they didn’t put a running clock on Ironton. . Call me an idiot, but I’m pretty sure you are a crow eater mr. jolly. Yes you won but it was closer than you expected.

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Wondering how many people are still in line trying to get outta the bottle neck
Asking for a friend

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

tomcat wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:55 pm Not impressed with Burg's line and special teams. I feel the Burg had more talent, but Ironton played harder.
I agree. Special teams lacked focus at times. Especially that bad snap over the punter in the 2nd quarter, Burg was lucky to get out of that one. A better opponent would make them pay for that mistake.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Ironton will win the OVC and be back in the playoffs.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Waterboy wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:04 pm
Waterboy wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:33 pm Just listening to this game as an outsider. Ironton is getting screwed from the refs 1 call on the burg .
It’s one thing to be dumb, but don’t be an idiot. All calls have been legit. You can see it through your radio. But if you’d like to watch, go the wheelersburg FB page. It’s live.
What ? No running clock ? Holy cow ? I think the Wheelersburg era has come to an end cause they didn’t put a running clock on Ironton. . Call me an idiot, but I’m pretty sure you are a crow eater mr. jolly. Yes you won but it was closer than you expected.
Come on you kind of asked for it with A comment like that

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Ironton was the more physical team
Burgs secondary tackling was terrible
The offensive line run blocking was terrible

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

coop wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:08 pm Ironton will win the OVC and be back in the playoffs.
They have to get through coal grove first

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Hey pirates tick....tick....tick

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

A couple things to take away from this game... 1. Ironton has improved drastically! 2. Burg has a lot of work to do before next Friday!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

😂🤣 Your petty attempts are just that. Ain’t nobody butt hurt on this side. A W is a W.

Burg came out swinging. It looked as tho Burg would just run away with the game. Ironton has different plans. Their defense stiffened up and looked rather impressive. Trent Salyers missed a few passes long that could have been daggers. Ironton didn’t let up. They played a solid defensive game. Irontons Salyers had to run for his life most of the night and took a few big hits. But he kept popping back up. Ironton had a stroke of luck in the closing seconds of the first half. Not taking credit away. The kid was there. It’s just that a play like that is successful .05% of the time. Burg has quite a few things to work on before next week. As does Ironton. I felt like Burg wasn’t engaged completely. There were those who were. But they just seemed slow. Ironton on the other hand was relentless. They moved the ball well on the ground. I think they need to keep it there. The trap was working to perfection on the last drive they had. But in the end, Burg came out on top. They fought all night. They had to earn this one.

With all that being said, I think Ironton has restored the Fight in the Fighting Tigers.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

Great team effort overall by Ironton. It’s good to see a little FIGHT back in the Tigers.

Both teams were cramping. First gameeeeee! HA HA!

Should be a good year for both teams.

Let’s make a deal and meet up In the playoffs?

T-I-G-E-R-S
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

TigersGameDayFan wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:23 pm Great team effort overall by Ironton. It’s good to see a little FIGHT back in the Tigers.

Both teams were cramping. First gameeeeee! HA HA!

Should be a good year for both teams.

Let’s make a deal and meet up In the playoffs?
Ooooooo. A state semifinals matchup would be a classic for the ages.

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

Goog job Ironton...never dreamed while I was in school in the 90's that a 28-6 victory over Ironton would be considered a let down by some. Great atmosphere. Ironton's band was great and appreciate the Tiger fan support for our World Series softball team. Actually scared of what Pendleton will create...Good luck the rest of the way. If we meet in playoffs it means we were both regional champs.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

JTEK wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:11 pm Ironton was the more physical team
Burgs secondary tackling was terrible
The offensive line run blocking was terrible
Burgs D and tackling should be better when #30 returns next week. I don’t know if the one young man from burg was cramping. He never returned to game. Burg will get there doors blown off next week with another effort like tonight

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Ironton much improved

Burg much to work on

Takeaway...Burg has an off game and scores 28. That’s a good sign!

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:19 pm

😂🤣 Your petty attempts are just that. Ain’t nobody butt hurt on this side. A W is a W.

Burg came out swinging. It looked as tho Burg would just run away with the game. Ironton has different plans. Their defense stiffened up and looked rather impressive. Trent Salyers missed a few passes long that could have been daggers. Ironton didn’t let up. They played a solid defensive game. Irontons Salyers had to run for his life most of the night and took a few big hits. But he kept popping back up. Ironton had a stroke of luck in the closing seconds of the first half. Not taking credit away. The kid was there. It’s just that a play like that is successful .05% of the time. Burg has quite a few things to work on before next week. As does Ironton. I felt like Burg wasn’t engaged completely. There were those who were. But they just seemed slow. Ironton on the other hand was relentless. They moved the ball well on the ground. I think they need to keep it there. The trap was working to perfection on the last drive they had. But in the end, Burg came out on top. They fought all night. They had to earn this one.

With all that being said, I think Ironton has restored the Fight in the Fighting Tigers.
I have no dog in the fight so I’m not making petty attempts for nothing. I’m going on your previous post and predictions of nothing but dominance and a running clock by halftime. You sir called me an idiot and now from all your post since last year it seems clear where the truth is really at .

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Irontons defense was very disciplined. Burg’s defense was really good all night except for the 3rd qtr drive by ironton. Carrico played a great game. Really good player.

Both teams will have good years.

Return to “Football”