Football Regional Alignments

Abe Froman
S

Re: Football Regional Alignments

Post by Abe Froman »

ohbuckeye2, interesting I did not realize it was sport specific by the previous year's roster if I read through this correctly. So last year's 9-12 roster determines this year's CB adjustment number is that correct?

So each year there will be a new adjustment number I assume and thus each team's division if they are close to the top or bottom of the cut-offs may alter.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Looks as if it is football specific. Competitive balance is in the infant stages. It will probably be expanded. At first it was to include an economic factor for the area. Honestly that has as much or more to due with success as anything. Alot of kids have nothing. With all the AAU, camps, etc, kids from stable homes have a much better opportunity.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

How then if it is sport specific do you get to an adjustment like at ASVSM of 123?

Assume that the "penalty" calculation for privates is maybe different than publics?

Where is polpot when you need an explanation.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

It's a stretch to call out burg for being successful by means of transfers or district move ins when 99% of those kids have been here since grade school. Burg has a good education system in place as well as athletics. Every school seems to get a couple of transfers or move ins each season that appear to be athletic related. The basketball player from Rock hill to oak hill. The baseball player from burg to ironton. Etc. but unless you hear from that family that's the reason they've specifically moved, it's just pure speculation. This balance seems to not have much effect on anything if you ask me. If they are that concerned with it, do away with open enrollment and separate public and private.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Right now the player counts if they transfer after the 7th grade correct?
Really not sure how they come up with that number. If a player lives outside the district border they should count no matter when they moved. Just my opinion

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Oak wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:07 am Right now the player counts if they transfer after the 7th grade correct?
Really not sure how they come up with that number. If a player lives outside the district border they should count no matter when they moved. Just my opinion
Tier zero, have been living in district since before 7th grade, tier 1 living outside the district before 7th grade, tier 2 living outside district since after 7th grade.

As for helping Burg, really! The only reason I brought it up was the Burg poster complaining that privates will dominate, while ignoring that Burg has benefited itself more than most in this area.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Thanks KK

So what is the multiplier for tier 1 and tier 2?

Say a school has 200 boys in the school.
50 of them are football players.
Of the 50 football players: 30 live in district, 10 live outside the district but have went to that school since elementary, 10 live outside the district and moved in during or after the 7th grade. What is the count for football?

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Tier 1 is a plus one, tier 2 is plus two. In your scenario, 30 is your addition to your base number.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:13 am ohbuckeye2, interesting I did not realize it was sport specific by the previous year's roster if I read through this correctly. So last year's 9-12 roster determines this year's CB adjustment number is that correct?

So each year there will be a new adjustment number I assume and thus each team's division if they are close to the top or bottom of the cut-offs may alter.
That's how I read it Abe.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

king kong wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:35 am Tier 1 is a plus one, tier 2 is plus two. In your scenario, 30 is your addition to your base number.
So basically a kid that lives in district counts as 1

A kid that moves in before 7th and plays football counts as 2

A kid that moves in after 7th and plays football counts as 3.

A kid that moves in before or after 7th but doesn't play football has no addition to the base number (counts as 1).
Is this correct?

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

No there is a tier 0, a kid who has lived in the district since before 7th, they are zero added. Tier 1 is add one, tier 2 is add two.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:39 am How then if it is sport specific do you get to an adjustment like at ASVSM of 123?

Assume that the "penalty" calculation for privates is maybe different than publics?

Where is polpot when you need an explanation.
Does ASVSM have a middle school biggest thing for provocials os they get to choose one feeder school to count as kids that count in district. any kid they get from any other middle school is going to count as a transfer. so that is why there numbers are so much higher as they don't really have a school district so to speak.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Private schools like svac posted have to declare one of their elementary schools as their feeder school, then if the student hasn't been enrolled since before they were in 7th grade they are tier 2 worth 2 add on, if they were enrolled before 7th but not that feeder school they are tier 1 for 1 add on, and if they were in that feeder school since before 7th they are tier 0 for no add on.

To get to 123 for football only means that 1, they probably have 70-90 on the roster, and 2, half of them approximately didn't go into that feeder school.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

king kong wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:43 am
Oak wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:07 am Right now the player counts if they transfer after the 7th grade correct?
Tier zero, have been living in district since before 7th grade, tier 1 living outside the district before 7th grade, tier 2 living outside district since after 7th grade.

As for helping Burg, really! The only reason I brought it up was the Burg poster complaining that privates will dominate, while ignoring that Burg has benefited itself more than most in this area.
For thirty years plus? Before open enrollment? Come on. It's a stretch to think that open enrollment has benefited the burg in such a lopsided way. Last years seniors were not good in junior high. Everyone one of those seniors last year played in pee wee. In fact they had one of their best athletes not play in high school.

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

I wasn't trying to throw a grenade. :o My point was that the D5 - D7 schools are mostly small towns. The large metro private schools have an advantage against those schools even in the current competitive balance. I think the privates should be playing in the D1 - D3 divisions only because their players are coming from the D1 - D3 programs in the bigger cities. Or pull them out entirely and have them play each other in their own private school championships.

Return to “Football”