competitve balance question

svac83
SE

competitve balance question

Post by svac83 »

I have a question on competitive balance. Because i read something on Yappi today that confuses me. So i thought competitive balance was going to happen once every 2 years just like the enrollment counts we have done in the past. But this attachment that i somehow cant get to transfer here seems to say that we will look at divisions every year in competitive balance sports. Is this the case? and if it is will they just look at the roster data and re do the math or will they look at enrollment numbers every year?

below is the excerpt from the article.

"After the final Tournament Enrollments (Base Enrollment {EMIS} plus Competitive Balance Number =
Tournament Enrollment) for the fall sports of football, boys soccer, girls soccer and volleyball were
approved by the OHSAA Board of Directors and posted on the OHSAA website, a small number of member
schools contacted the OHSAA to explain that they inadvertently submitted erroneous Competitive
Balance roster data due to not understanding the entry principles. Our office has determined we will
NOT be accepting any changes to the fall sports data that was submitted and approved. For those schools
that had some errors, please keep in mind that tournament division assignments in the Competitive
Balance sports will be recalculated every year"

so who can clarify for me/

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Re: competitve balance question

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

EIMS (enrollment) #'s remain on a 2 year cycle but competitive balance #' s are updated every year from previous years rosters.

Post by svac83 »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 6:25 pm EIMS (enrollment) #'s remain on a 2 year cycle but competitive balance #' s are updated every year from previous years rosters.
So we will still have teams moving up and down divisions. every year do to competitive balance. so cutoffs will still change every year. I think that is very interesting.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

After looking over all the competitive numbers for the schools I have decided that the whole idea is a total farse... we will continue to see the same group of teams at the state finals, this system will hurt more teams than it helps......

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i second superblue. its just another dance around the real fix.

AT THE RESERVATION

Return to “Football”