State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

seasick80
All State

Re: D5 State Championship: Wheelersburg vs Pemberville Eastwood

Post by seasick80 »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:49 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:07 pmWith attendance dropping to what it is, I think you could find a D-1 high school in Central,Ohio to have the games.
Agreed. Marv Morehead Stadium at Upper Arlington could handle all the games.
What has caused the drop? Did I miss something? Personally, having all the games at this upgraded field could be a mess! No parking at the stadium and shuttles from fairground what, 2-3 miles away? I hope it goes smooth. But I liked the 2 stadium playoffs when they played the championships there. Would rather they go with Columbus from now on. Central, all other sports but a few are played there. Just makes sense imo.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

8332 Granite St wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:33 pm What local radio station's are doing the game? Any around Jackson area?
www.burgfan.com

Wnxt online

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:45 pm Some teams get to the championship game by pluck and grit. Some have a path paved for them. I going with Wheelersburg by 17+. They'd have been playing week 12 in the Region 11. Just too physical in this game. The rule for NWO is: If you ain't MAC or TRAC, you ain't jack. Take away those two conferences, and it's the weakest part of the state by far.
Eastwood has some good history sap in the playoffs. Haven’t gotten past reg finals going back some but have played Hartley and coldwater so they have some experience. My take on this game is what can Eastwood do if they are down by a cpl scores in this game? Even 10-0? In the championship game? I’m not sure. Have they even been behind?

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

seasick80 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:51 pm
sapientia et veritas wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:45 pm Some teams get to the championship game by pluck and grit. Some have a path paved for them. I going with Wheelersburg by 17+. They'd have been playing week 12 in the Region 11. Just too physical in this game. The rule for NWO is: If you ain't MAC or TRAC, you ain't jack. Take away those two conferences, and it's the weakest part of the state by far.
Eastwood has some good history sap in the playoffs. Haven’t gotten past reg finals going back some but have played Hartley and coldwater so they have some experience. My take on this game is what can Eastwood do if they are down by a cpl scores in this game? Even 10-0? In the championship game? I’m not sure. Have they even been behind?
They were down to Genoa. Not sure how much

Football fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Football fan »

The boys are in canton ready to go #reachhigher

The easy way is 71n to Mansfield then take us 30 east it’s four lane road all the way

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

This has to be exciting for the players. Hope they stay focused and gets Wheelersburg a second championship.
Good Luck GO BURG!

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

#ReachHigher wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:26 pm
seasick80 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:51 pm
They were down to Genoa. Not sure how much
They were down 14 in the second half I believe it was actually the early in the 4th

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

I got to get a copy of the game on DVD! someone PM me later. I don't have spectrum and can't watch it. Maybe someone can load it on YouTube for us unfortunate ones.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

#ReachHigher wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:42 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:36 am PP63, it’s been a long time sense someone made me laugh that hard. I had to reread the post because I couldn’t get past Captain Capital. Lmfao.

Another thing. I have never seen Mr. Shouty Fingers on here before and he is 2nd Team All State. How tf does that happen?Where did this enraged finger screaming psychopath come from?

This one is for the finger banger of keyboards. So Burg beat Academy because they didn’t have enough players? Are you as dumb as you are loud? Burg outscored them 35-3 in the second half. And I believe put up 21 in the 3rd. Yea, I’d say they were worn out in the fourth after having the ball shoved down their throat. Burg beat them because Burg was the better team. No need to look for excuses.

And South Range. I watched a few of their games on YouTube. They weren’t that good. Burg would handle them easily. No doubt about that.

This game here. I have a feeling that this will be the best game Burg has played all year. I look for them to have an explosive offensive performance. Eastwood will be surprised to say the least. They think they are getting the team that struggled against Madison. They don’t realize that they have that fixed. I’d say going into the 4th we’ll see a 14-7 ball game. When it’s all said and done. Burg will be bring the Trophy 🏆 home with them by a final score of 35-7. Boom 💥. You heard it here first folks. Pirates are gonna roll.
I’ve said it since Friday and I’ll say it again...I truly believe Madison would have beat South Range had they played them
"CAPTAIN CAPITAL" AND "MR. SHOUTY FINGERS", It's all good and I'm glad I could make you all laugh. Capital letters do look better and I'm older than personal computers so I'm good. I've probably seen more high school games in the last 57 years than some of you have eaten meals in your lifetime. I understand Burg may win and I'm not arguing that, just stating my opinions. Since i'm originally from SEO and migrated to work in central ohio some 30 years ago I still root for all SEO teams at the state level events and am proud to do so. I was watching Ironton play high school football before Bob Lutz went there from old St. Joe so give me a break, i'm getting old. Anyway, some of you need to stay a little more humble and be able to take at least a small bit of criticism instead of jumping to conclusions

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Good luck Pirates

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Good luck to the Pirates. I think all of SEO is behind you.
Glad to see coach Williams has another shot at being a state champion.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I believe the parking situation is going to be a cluster. The first game starts at 1030am. If it takes 3 hours to play and then the trophy presentations those people won't be getting shuttled to there cars until around 215-230. You will have fans for Eastwood and Burg will probably start showing up at around 100-130. If you don't, you might just miss some of the game.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:50 pm I believe the parking situation is going to be a cluster. The first game starts at 1030am. If it takes 3 hours to play and then the trophy presentations those people won't be getting shuttled to there cars until around 215-230. You will have fans for Eastwood and Burg will probably start showing up at around 100-130. If you don't, you might just miss some of the game.
From the press release it says the shuttle will run continuously until 30minutes after the last game. I don’t see it being a huge issue, just get there early.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Good Luck guys, hope everyone can get some sleep.

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

GO BURG GO!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

It’s GAMEDAY!!!!!!!! Bring it home boys!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I’ve been through SkyrocketMedia and watched all the highlights from the first 14 weeks. Man o man. I’m jacked up for these kids. What an amazing team they have become. From the captains to the underclass men, they are a brotherhood. The best is yet to come.

Return to “Football”