State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

lrschli
Waterboy

Re: D5 State Championship: Wheelersburg vs Pemberville Eastwood

Post by lrschli »

fbnut wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:56 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:18 am http://www.toledoblade.com/High-School/ ... final.html
Here’s a little on Eastwood from their game against SR
Curious to see how that kid bounces back after 40 carries
FYI,
A little history on Eastwood football. Genoa + Eastwood have been trading league championships as long as I cam remember. First in the SLL + now in the NBC. I am a 1973 Genoa grad, so believe it or not, gotta root for Eastwood this once to bring a state championship to the NBC. Team speed is a given with Eastwood football, the track team has won 17 straight league titles. Years ago they ran the run + shoot but switched to the Wing-T after Genoa dominated the league with it during the Mike Vicars tenure (during a 7 yr. period Genoa had the best record in OH.)

If Burg has an early lead, don't get excited. Eastwood scores late TDs regularly, particularly this season. Genoa had the lead 31-20 late in the gm. but lost a fumble at the Eastwood 30. Keep in mind Genoa had 3 starters out with injurys including the QB.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

So, Burg has too many to count league championships. I wouldn't base my team off of that. Everyone up north thinks southern ohio football is a joke. Go ahead and think that. Good luck to both teams. I am rooting for the Burg. You root for your Eagles. It should be an epic battle.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:07 am So, Burg has too many to count league championships. I wouldn't base my team off of that. Everyone up north thinks southern ohio football is a joke. Go ahead and think that. Good luck to both teams. I am rooting for the Burg. You root for your Eagles. It should be an epic battle.
i agree 100%. everyone knows that when it comes to football in this state we are the inferior programs. i can guarantee u one thing. we very well may lose on fri but the point is we sure has hell deserve to be there just the same as eastwood does. they are gonna get a game from us that is for darn sure. we are not gonna go to stark co and just roll over and play dead. we are gonna go and do what we have done the last 14 wks and that is play burg football

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
lrschli
Waterboy

Post by lrschli »

Hey "natureboy" CHILL!

Geez, just giving a little history about Eastwood football, that is it. I have not seen BURG play, ever, but I do know it is an elite program. Playoffs are nothing new to them.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Gonna be one heck of a game both teams are averaging about the same on offense and defense. Burg has had a tougher schedule but not by much.Burg #19 toughest Eastwood #24 toughest. But I do think that Burg had a tougher road to the title game. Also the Eagles and Burg are wery quick and fast to the ball on defense. IMO the Burg is more well rounded on offense.The Eagles tend to run way more than pass. On paper this is pretty much a toss up so I think whoever executes the best and has the least mistakes will win this game. Burg is my pick ofcourse and good luck to both teams for an injury free game. GO BURG 27 to 14

Burg grad 85
Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

I don’t see any difference in the Eagles from what we’ve seen already in the playoffs. They are a run heavy team and a good D.
I think Burg has seen this the last two weeks and found a way to win, Just as they will this week!
The only difference is the other two teams are sitting at home and the Eagles are now standing in the way of a State Championship.
Go Burg!!

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

lrschli wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:18 pm Hey "natureboy" CHILL!

Geez, just giving a little history about Eastwood football, that is it. I have not seen BURG play, ever, but I do know it is an elite program. Playoffs are nothing new to them.
I appreciate the info! If you have Facebook check out skyrocket media. They make hilight videos of the pirates.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Well I’ve said it from the beginning of season and through out that Burgs only competition would be in the final 4 and that’s held up so far. Last week was the best team Burg has played and it showed with Burg pulling it out from behind. I see the same this week with Burg in the game until late and depth pulls it out again with the win. If you have depth in high school football you win because the line play is fresh in the 4th and it’s hard to find many teams in D-IV with that luxury. Burg needs to get it in 4th close or up and they will be fine. We need that Gold football in southern Ohio. Play hard and leave everything on the field and Good Luck!!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

lrschli wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:07 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:18 am http://www.toledoblade.com/High-School/ ... final.html
FYI,
A little history on Eastwood football. Genoa + Eastwood have been trading league championships as long as I cam remember. First in the SLL + now in the NBC. I am a 1973 Genoa grad, so believe it or not, gotta root for Eastwood this once to bring a state championship to the NBC. Team speed is a given with Eastwood football, the track team has won 17 straight league titles. Years ago they ran the run + shoot but switched to the Wing-T after Genoa dominated the league with it during the Mike Vicars tenure (during a 7 yr. period Genoa had the best record in OH.)

If Burg has an early lead, don't get excited. Eastwood scores late TDs regularly, particularly this season. Genoa had the lead 31-20 late in the gm. but lost a fumble at the Eastwood 30. Keep in mind Genoa had 3 starters out with injurys including the QB.
Thanks for the info

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Question , Does any one market the videos of the finals?

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Is skyrocket media gonna film any high lights for the championship? Gonna buy the DVD they put out for the season hope they get to include some footage of state game.
Go Burg!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

FYI,

Thank you for the info. This is good stuff.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I said nothing out of the way to you Irschli. Just making an observation that has been going on for years. You chill. Sorry you got butt hurt about nothing.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:09 pm I said nothing out of the way to you Irschli. Just making an observation that has been going on for years. You chill. Sorry you got butt hurt about nothing.
Waiting for the Nature Boy scream. Lol. The tension is real.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

FYI,

You guys are way up north and I’ll be honest I don’t know anything history wise about Eastwood or the teams on their schedule. What kind of playoff history and successs has Eastwood and the teams in their league had over the years?
Thanks in advance

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

WOOOOOO! Whether you like it or don't like it, learn to love it. Because the Burg is the best thing going today. To be the man, you gotta beat the man. You gotta beat the Burg. You gotta walk the aisle. The Burg is all day long, WOOOOOO! The Burg is always imitated but never duplicated. Enough said. Now, I have looked at Eastwood schedule and it looks similar to the Burgs opponents. I think these 2 teams have differing styles but match up well. I wouldn't even try to pick a score. I believe this will be one of the better state championship games. Of course GO BURG! Bring home the W and the gold trophy.

lrschli
Waterboy

Post by lrschli »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:09 pm I said nothing out of the way to you Irschli. Just making an observation that has been going on for years. You chill. Sorry you got butt hurt about nothing.
Nature Boy,
My butt don't hurt...WOOOOO!!!

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Glad to know that Irschli. That's funny right there. The only thing I take serious is payday and dinner time. This going to be one great ball game.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

What was Eastwood best victory of the Season?

lrschli
Waterboy

Post by lrschli »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:35 pm WOOOOOO! Whether you like it or don't like it, learn to love it. Because the Burg is the best thing going today. To be the man, you gotta beat the man. You gotta beat the Burg. You gotta walk the aisle. The Burg is all day long, WOOOOOO! The Burg is always imitated but never duplicated. Enough said. Now, I have looked at Eastwood schedule and it looks similar to the Burgs opponents. I think these 2 teams have differing styles but match up well. I wouldn't even try to pick a score. I believe this will be one of the better state championship games. Of course GO BURG! Bring home the W and the gold trophy.
Nature Boy, gotta agree with you 100%. This might be 1 of those gms. that people tell their grand kids about.

Return to “Football”