THE 3 BEST GAMES YOU EVER SAW IN HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: THE 3 BEST GAMES YOU EVER SAW IN HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

he had an amazing run with the stallions.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i can't pick just three games. i'm throwin another in for good measure

1989: burg 14 warren jfk 7 in the d4 state finals
2004: burg 10 p-town 7 (burg was down by 7 late in the game and the trojans were driving. they had 1st n goal on like the 7 and they throw a pick. it was picked on in stride by smiley and he retuned it 90 some yards to the house for a game tying td.)
2008: burg 23 ironton 22 (burg scores the go ahead td with 33 sec left in the game)
2009: burg 68 p-town 14 (trojans first loss in their new diggs)

sorry tiger fans for bringin it up. here is the final play of the forementioned game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWJF8L5O3HE
Last edited by Mad-Dogg on Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

2012 Athens vs Springfield Shawnee. They just beat Norte Dame's QB and lost to a loaded Cardinal Mooney team in the state finals the year before 21-14.
2013 Athens vs Tri Valley
2014 Athens vs TCC. 10 straight lead changes with D1 athletes all over the field

Honorable mention
2011 9-0 Athens vs 9-0 NY. The soccer player game

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

oh I remember doggie, I still remember. thrilling game.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it happens so quick and the camera was kinda high. till my grave I hain't sure about that one. unless he had toenails like a Kodiak bear. but a thrilling game n finish.

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

Cape vs Ironton. Vicent Clark , Carlos Snow at the Tank.

Ironton vs Portsmouth. Parker I believe vs Jer. Jackson. Still can't believe Clifford kicked to JJ not once or twice but 3 times to the house lol.

Not seen the 3rd one yet.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

VINNIE N CARLOS WERE AWESOME.
AND I REMEMBER THE RETURNS BY JJ.

one of the coolest memories I remember to was an ironton/Russell,ky game. not sure who the players were. it was at Russell. back then entire seas of fans swarmed to the games,russell was really cocky and supposed to be loaded. the Russell and ironton crowds were huge n rowdy. Russell returns the opening kickoff for the red devils for a touchdown. that big ole siren was wailing the crowd was deafening, they kickoff to ironton and we return it for a touchdown, we were going apecrap on our side, and the whole game was like that. ironton won, if I remember right on a goal line stand that went on forever. one of thee, if not the coolest starts to a game I ever saw.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Sept. 30 2016 at Logan Chieftains Stadium Logan & Athens, Logan won to get they're 1st win of the season, 31-30 on a late blocked kick.
Nov. 7 2008 at Sulsberger Memorial Stadium in Zanesville. Louisville & Logan, Logan lost 0-7 in a cold down pouring rain.
Nov. 11 2000 at Fulton Field in Lancaster. Pickerington & Logan, Logan won 28-26 to move onto Crew Stadium to play the eventual state champion Upper Arlington Golden Bears.

AT THE RESERVATION
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I love reading these.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:34 am I remember when the desales coach left to go to ht, jacoby I think. is he still there.
Not any more. His last season at Hamilton Township was 2009. He was head coach there three seasons, 2007-2009, then he took the HC job at Hamilton HS in Hamilton OH near Cincinnati. That "Hamilton-to-Hamilton" move really confused folks for a while. :mrgreen: Bob was there for 3 years, took a break for a few years, and then became HC at Columbus St Charles last year.

Nate Hillerich coached the Rangers 2010-2016, then was tapped for the Pickerington North HC job two months ago. Mike Savino, who's been HT's offensive coordinator for several years under Sheriff Nate, will be Hamilton Twp's head coach this year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thanks for the heads up. i'll not claim we were close friends by any means, but I spoke with him a few times by phone.back when the ironron/desales series was going on. wasn't sure where he was now. thank you.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I had a huge football memorabilia collection. and he sent me a desales helmet. when I moved here I donated it to iron city hardware in ironton,ohio. he has an enormous helmet collection there. and I donated a lot of the to the ironton b-dubs when they opened in ironton.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:06 am I had a huge football memorabilia collection. and he sent me a desales helmet. when I moved here I donated it to iron city hardware in ironton,ohio. he has an enormous helmet collection there. and I donated a lot of the to the ironton b-dubs when they opened in ironton.
That is very cool. I was introduced to Bob when he became head coach at Hamilton Twp. Like you, I wasn't a close acquaintance, but I would happen to talk with him every so often when we'd run into each other. I knew he'd coached at HT as an assistant in the 1980's or 1990's, but I hadn't started working as the PA announcer back then

My son played soccer in high school, and he told me Jacoby would ask him every year about going out for football, so I know he worked hard on developing the program and encouraging students to come out for the team. Last time I saw Coach Jacoby was around 2012 at a funeral for one of my 1976 classmates, whose son played for Jacoby at Hamilton Twp. Bob came over to say hi and we chatted briefly. I liked him personally, and I respected his coaching ability.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

he seemed like a very personable guy when I spoke to him.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:58 am oh I remember doggie, I still remember. thrilling game.
def the best burg - ironton game i've ever seen

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope they get back to that now dogg.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you know when it does happen I'm gonna rake yer all's rearends raw with a wire brush after all you burgites diddin us dontc'ha.

Return to “Football”