Ohsaa proposal moving ALL playoff games to Friday.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ohsaa proposal moving ALL playoff games to Friday.

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Playoff games with teams that have a long distance to travel, wil have smaller crowds.

91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

Not to mention it sucks for the media folks.

For stations/newspapers that have multiple teams that make it where one would be on a Friday and the other on a Saturday, you have to choose which game will be live on the radio and which will be a later broadcast.

Not to mention that smaller newspapers barely have enough reporters to only cover two or three games themselves and rely on "media reports" to get results/stats from other games.
Last edited by 91raider97bobcat on Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

91raider97bobcat wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:23 pm Not to mention it sucks for the radio folks.

For stations that have multiple teams that make it where one would be on a Friday and the other on a Saturday, you have to choose which game will be live and which will be a later broadcast.
Scioto County has 9 teams ranging from D5-D7. If 3 teams make the playoffs, I'm not sure how the Portsmouth Daily Times would be able to do it.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I mean, I get it. But, this could be a nightmare for local media to cover all of the games.

Return to “Football”