If your league were to add a school

TVC
Varsity

Re: If your league were to add a school

Post by TVC »

3 divisions in TVC and FF would be in the middle div and warren in the big division. It makes too much sense and Athens couldn't dominate so it will not happen.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

TVC wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 3:08 pm 3 divisions in TVC and FF would be in the middle div and warren in the big division. It makes too much sense and Athens couldn't dominate so it will not happen.

With the PVC almost dead I believe Fort Frye would welcome the TVC. Now not sure how much Waterford wants Fort Frye in the TVC.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

It would mean leaving The OVAC, and Fort Frye isn't bolting for a league that doesn't assign officials. Is the rest of the league already tired of Waterford winning everything?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

File this under never happening.

Mid-State League

Central Division

Watkins Memorial
Licking Heights
Canal Winchester
Teays Valley
Hamilton Township
Logan

Buckeye Division
Circleville
Logan Elm
Amanda-Clearcreek
Bloom-Carroll
Fairfield Union
Liberty Union

Ohio Division
London
Columbus Academy
Bexley
Whitehall
Grandview Heights
Worthington Christian

Cardinal Division
Grove City Christian
Harvest Prep
Wellington
Rosecrans
Berne Union
Millersport
Fisher Catholic
Fairfield Christian

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bigdog wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 1:53 pm I also think PIKETON would be a perfect fit for the SOCII

PIKETON

OHSAA District: Southeast
OHSAA Tournament Name: PIKETON
School Colors: SCARLET / GRAY
Primary Athletic Conference:
Boys Enrollment: 145 (AA)
Boys Mascot: REDSTREAKS Girls Enrollment: 163 (AA)
Girls Mascot: REDSTREAKS
That is an interesting thought bigdog. The Streaks have played maybe all but the Burg and West and would not embarrass themselves in either major sport. Usually the discussion is about Waverly to the SVC, but with Beaver Eastern now having football, maybe all of Pike County should be in the SOC. However with Piketon having left the SOC back in 1963 for the SVC, I would say the Streaks have a solid home.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Omega wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 12:59 am
Bigdog wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 1:53 pm I also think PIKETON would be a perfect fit for the SOCII

PIKETON

OHSAA District: Southeast
OHSAA Tournament Name: PIKETON
School Colors: SCARLET / GRAY
Primary Athletic Conference:
Boys Enrollment: 145 (AA)
Boys Mascot: REDSTREAKS Girls Enrollment: 163 (AA)
Girls Mascot: REDSTREAKS
That is an interesting thought bigdog. The Streaks have played maybe all but the Burg and West and would not embarrass themselves in either major sport. Usually the discussion is about Waverly to the SVC, but with Beaver Eastern now having football, maybe all of Pike County should be in the SOC. However with Piketon having left the SOC back in 1963 for the SVC, I would say the Streaks have a solid home.
Obliviously won't happen, but just a fun thought.

SOC I
Clay (no football)
East
Eastern
Green
Notre Dame
New Boston (no football)
South Webster (no football)
Western (soon to have football)
Manchester?* (*football-only*)

SOC II
Minford
Northwest
Piketon
Portsmouth
Valley
Waverly
West
Wheelersburg

Other than Manchester football maybe, it would be an all Pike and Scioto County league. I'd have Oak Hill and Symmes Valley move to the OVC where Ironton St. Joe, South Gallia, and River Valley would also join as well to create a 12-team OVC league (11 in football). If Manchester wouldn't join that SOC I, the smaller OVC division in football could schedule a crossover to ease scheduling (Dawson-Bryant, Oak Hill, South Gallia, South Point, Symmes Valley).

As for all other sports in the new OVC, it may sound odd, yet balanced and reasonable travel wise, but set up 3 Divisions of 4 teams in terms of scheduling.

West Division
Dawson-Bryant
Ironton
Ironton St. Joe
Rock Hill

South Division
Chesapeake
Fairland
South Point
Symmes Valley

North Division
Gallia Academy
Oak Hill
River Valley
South Gallia

Play your division twice and all other divisions once for 14 games for conference play.. If a 3-way protected rivalry was set up, then you would play your 2 protected rivals a 2nd time creating 16 total games for conference play.
Ironton-Fairland-Gallia Academy
Ironton St. Joe-Symmes Valley-South Gallia
Rock Hill-Chesapeake-Oak Hill
Dawson Bryant-South Point-River Valley

Just some creative and unlikely thoughts.

Chiefs72
Waterboy

Post by Chiefs72 »

For Logan It will be the MSL within 3-5 years!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Chiefs72 wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 10:16 am For Logan It will be the MSL within 3-5 years!
Feels like folks have been saying this for 3 to 5 years lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

JacksonMayor,

You make a few good points. I would like to see you elaborate further and provide some more details before I decide if I agree with you or not. :D

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I think the good mayor's thesis obviously was written one year or more ago as his beloved Jackson Ironmen have found a home in the new Frontier Athletic Conference. His ideas made sense then and still do, which it is why his proposal was doomed from the start. As much as I respect the communities, history, and traditions of the old SEOAL, it is time to remember its legacy while moving forward with new athletic homes. Logan is the odd school left out, but they too will find their place.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 1:09 pm
Chiefs72 wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 10:16 am For Logan It will be the MSL within 3-5 years!
Logan people have been saying that since the 90's. That was actually a realistic option back then since the MSL had Granville, New Albany, Canal Winchester, Licking Heights, and Heath. Now the MSL is mostly a D4 and D5 league.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

And Athens joined a league of WHAT?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Who knows! the AD and Supt are trying there best! :mrgreen:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 5:08 pm And Athens joined a league of WHAT?
:D :) :P :P

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Actually, they've been saying closer to the last 10 years, from the discussions I remember on jjhuddle. :) What's Logan's league status now? Didn't they leave the SEAOL and move to a new southern Ohio league?
bman wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 11:37 pm File this under never happening.

Mid-State League

Central Division
Watkins Memorial
Licking Heights
Canal Winchester
Teays Valley
Hamilton Township
Logan

Buckeye Division
Circleville
Logan Elm
Amanda-Clearcreek
Bloom-Carroll
Fairfield Union
Liberty Union

The MSL Central and Buckeye division possibility is interesting and disappointing at the same time, at least for this HT fan. I have enjoyed the atmosphere of traveling to the current Buckeye Division schools for so many years, it's like going to a different autumn festival each week.

The least likely of the proposed Central teams would be Canal Winchester. I'm assuming that once they left for the OCC, they will never return. But it would be a good combination of strengths, and Logan would be the only real long drive for us. Very doable.

Ah well. Birds gotta fly, fish gotta fry .... oh, wait - that's Chillicothe! ;)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Zunardo wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 10:19 am
Actually, they've been saying closer to the last 10 years, from the discussions I remember on jjhuddle. :) What's Logan's league status now? Didn't they leave the SEAOL and move to a new southern Ohio league?

Mid-State League

Central Division
Watkins Memorial
Licking Heights
Canal Winchester
Teays Valley
Hamilton Township
Logan

Buckeye Division
Circleville
Logan Elm
Amanda-Clearcreek
Bloom-Carroll
Fairfield Union
Liberty Union

The MSL Central and Buckeye division possibility is interesting and disappointing at the same time, at least for this HT fan. I have enjoyed the atmosphere of traveling to the current Buckeye Division schools for so many years, it's like going to a different autumn festival each week.

The least likely of the proposed Central teams would be Canal Winchester. I'm assuming that once they left for the OCC, they will never return. But it would be a good combination of strengths, and Logan would be the only real long drive for us. Very doable.

The SEOAL is officially dead. Logan has no league.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 2:41 pm

Mid-State League

Central Division
Watkins Memorial
Licking Heights
Canal Winchester
Teays Valley
Hamilton Township
Logan

Buckeye Division
Circleville
Logan Elm
Amanda-Clearcreek
Bloom-Carroll
Fairfield Union
Liberty Union

The SEOAL is officially dead. Logan has no league.
IT AINT DEAD! We bought the rites to it and we intend to expand. We gots the same number of kids per acre as many of these schools and we intends to show what we can do.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Or can't do

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Mid-State League

Central Division
Watkins Memorial
Licking Heights
Canal Winchester
Teays Valley
Hamilton Township
Logan

Buckeye Division
Circleville
Logan Elm
Amanda-Clearcreek
Bloom-Carroll
Fairfield Union
Liberty Union

Don't worry, it's never going to happen.

But there are some issues with the league...TV should be with bigger schools with their size (not OCC, but the schools I outlined would be a good fit and a good division)...the Ohio Division is one or two more departures away from forcing a general realignment that wouldn't make folks happy. I don't see the Ohio losing any teams unless the LCL expands or London can find a home in a west central Ohio league.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

bman wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 12:18 am
Don't worry, it's never going to happen.

But there are some issues with the league...TV should be with bigger schools with their size (not OCC, but the schools I outlined would be a good fit and a good division)...the Ohio Division is one or two more departures away from forcing a general realignment that wouldn't make folks happy. I don't see the Ohio losing any teams unless the LCL expands or London can find a home in a west central Ohio league.
The Cardinal Division also has pressing issues of their own. I was told that the vote to expand the Cardinal Division was not unanimous among the Cardinal schools, and that two of the schools had expressed concerns that if Bishop Rosecrans were added, then their athletics budgets were going to swell past the point of sustainability because a BR admission meant that opposing schools would have to travel out there at least six times a year. There are already issues with attendance when it comes to certain schools and certain sports, so nothing frankly suggests that these schools are going to turn the balance columns from the red to the black with these additions.

The geographic spread of the Cardinal Division is now Grove City to Zanesville, and Sugar Grove to Upper Arlington. Of the two schools added: one doesn't have football nor volleyball, and the other has been dying a slow, miserable death. Rosecrans was added on the condition they make an effort to keep their football program alive (not holding my breath, there.)

A rumor that I have heard from two different sources, although the content of the rumor seems a tad impractical, is that if the school choice initiative that is pending in the Ohio state general assembly comes to pass (which would create private school tuition subsidies on the basis of income), then Millersport is going to pursue departure from the MSL-Cardinal. I don't know how likely that scenario is, since I have no idea where they would even land (MVL is too big; the similarly-sized Knox County public schools are too far north.) Two other bits of speculation I've come across is: a) within the next few years, either Harvest Prep or Grove City Christian will fill a void in the MSL-Ohio; and b) the Central Catholic League, if the school choice initiative passes, is going to invite Newark Catholic, Fisher & Rosecrans to make it an 8-team conference where the football is divided into a "big" (SC, SFD, BW, and BH) and a "small" (Ready, NC, FC, and BR) flight. For the other sports, the big and small flights will still hold, but it'll be a double round robin among each division with a single round robin against the other division. A is more likely to happen, but I know that some in the CCL were 'saddened' by Ready's decision to opt into the MSL-Ohio.

Return to “Football”