Riding the Bench

Re: Week 5 (3-1) Meigs @ (4-0) River Valley

Post by DragonMom »

Meigs

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

This could be a good game, but watching Meigs a few times I have to give them the edge. Their corners are shutdown and that could be trouble for RV. They are just solid all around. I wouldn't be too shocked if RV pulled it off but they can't afford to turn the ball over or fail to capitalize on points.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think River Valley has a good team and they did some things really well against Nelsonville-York. They have some tough kids.
I do think Meigs will win though. Meigs is a lot better than Nelsonville-York. I don't think it will be a blowout by any means though.
Good luck to both teams.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

First true test for River Valley.

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

IMO Meigs gets the Win

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Meigs is really good, but the confidence level at RV is skyhigh, this could be an old-fashioned slobberknocker. Hope for an injury free and entertaining game.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Meigs

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

zebra77 wrote:Meigs is really good, but the confidence level at RV is skyhigh, this could be an old-fashioned slobberknocker. Hope for an injury free and entertaining game.
It's hard to vote against a team with so much confidence and a great story. However, they won't win them all and I think this is the first one they will lose. A winning league record would be a great accomplishment for RV this year as that is a feat they have never accomplished.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

BlizzardMan wrote:
zebra77 wrote:Meigs is really good, but the confidence level at RV is skyhigh, this could be an old-fashioned slobberknocker. Hope for an injury free and entertaining game.
It's hard to vote against a team with so much confidence and a great story. However, they won't win them all and I think this is the first one they will lose. A winning league record would be a great accomplishment for RV this year as that is a feat they have never accomplished.

blizzardman.....I believe they did finish 4-3 in the SEOAL one year....maybe 97 I believe? I also believe they finished 3-2 in their first year in OVC (2002). So I believe they have had a few winning league records over the years.

As for this game.....last week, everyone said that the NY game was RV's first real test of the season. It would show just how improved RV is. RV won the game and proved a lot. However, now everyone is saying THIS week is RV's first real test of the season.

The Raiders just need to take it a week at a time. Do what they have been doing all season, and good things will continue to happen. Can they beat Meigs? Absolutely, and I believe they will. BUT, if Meigs does win, I just hope that everyone doesnt go running and jumping off the bandwagon at 4-1. This team and this program is NOT what it use to be. I dont believe RV will ever be what they once were. The school and program has turned a corner and are not looking back!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

RVRaiderFan wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:

blizzardman.....I believe they did finish 4-3 in the SEOAL one year....maybe 97 I believe? I also believe they finished 3-2 in their first year in OVC (2002). So I believe they have had a few winning league records over the years.

As for this game.....last week, everyone said that the NY game was RV's first real test of the season. It would show just how improved RV is. RV won the game and proved a lot. However, now everyone is saying THIS week is RV's first real test of the season.

The Raiders just need to take it a week at a time. Do what they have been doing all season, and good things will continue to happen. Can they beat Meigs? Absolutely, and I believe they will. BUT, if Meigs does win, I just hope that everyone doesnt go running and jumping off the bandwagon at 4-1. This team and this program is NOT what it use to be. I dont believe RV will ever be what they once were. The school and program has turned a corner and are not looking back!
I was on that 2002 team. You might be right. Regardless, they have a lot to shoot for this year. One step at a time is the way to go.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BlizzardMan wrote:
Why don't you just come out and say it, Your a Meigs fan this is the second post of you trying to convince yourself that Meigs should be in the Superbowl and RV is bad! RV is a good Football team and I think it's even, Who has Meigs beat?
How many wins do the teams that Meigs has beat have? "1" "one" "UNO" "Singlet" in 4 weeks of Football! 1 Win!!

the_big_coach
Freshman Team

Post by the_big_coach »

We will see how this play's out, but I see Meigs winning this one, They are a very good team and can score points.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

RV showed me they are no slouch. But Meigs appears on paper to be good. Could be an early battle for the drivers seat in the title hunt. :mrgreen:

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Meigs by 14 over RV!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

River Valley 2002
8/23 A Southeastern (2-8) [5:20] W 14-6
8/30 A Wellston (8-2) [4:15] L 16-43
9/6 H Meigs (4-6) [3:11] L 17-20
9/13 A Alexander (3-7) [4:15] L 0-19
9/20 H Southern (0-10) [6:23] W 39-0

9/27 A Chesapeake (9-4) [5:19] L 13-42
10/4 A Dawson-Bryant (3-7) [5:19] W 20-7
10/11 H Rock Hill (6-4) [4:15] L 12-35
10/18 H South Point (3-7) [4:15] W 34-7
10/25 H Fairland (3-7) [4:15] W 19-0

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

this game will come down to river valleys defense. If there defense can stop yards after catch. River valley scores enough points to win 35-21. if river valley cant jam receivers and stop yards after catch meigs 35-28.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

kvnchambers wrote:this game will come down to river valleys defense. If there defense can stop yards after catch. River valley scores enough points to win 35-21. if river valley cant jam receivers and stop yards after catch meigs 35-28.
River Valley's tackling is much improved, but open field tackling is still a work in progress. That's why I feel they will have trouble Friday. If Sheets gets the ball in space, it's really hard to stop him. Really hard. They could spy him, but the problem is they'll probably have to spy Cody Bartrum too. In that case, you can't really have single coverage all night on Lilly either. Don't know how they'll defend it but I'm sure Coach Sparling has a plan. Good luck to both teams. I'll actually take Meigs by two scores, but give RV a field goal because Wray has a monster leg.

Meigs- 33
RV- 24

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Meigs by 21

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Ground Buck wrote:RV showed me they are no slouch. But Meigs appears on paper to be good. Could be an early battle for the drivers seat in the title hunt. :mrgreen:
Once again we agree on something G-Butt. I too believe this game has TVC Ohio implications. Especially since your beloved buckeyes are out of it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”