South Gallia vs. River Valley- Jamboree Game

RVRaiderFan
All State

South Gallia vs. River Valley- Jamboree Game

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Thoughts on this battle of Gallia County before the Regular Season begins nxt week??

ny_buckeyes_goodin_2284
Waterboy

Re: South Gallia vs. River Valley- Jamboree Game

Post by ny_buckeyes_goodin_2284 »

RV>SG.....Always (unless when it comes to funding then it's equal of course.)

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

SG is going to roll!

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

vctransplant wrote:SG is going to roll!
Well SG starters vs RVs JV squad will be interesting since rumor has it RV starters are playing one drive only. A few of them aren't even dressing. So whatever the final outcome is wont tell us much of anything about each team.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

GalliaGrad89 wrote:
Well SG starters vs RVs JV squad will be interesting since rumor has it RV starters are playing one drive only. A few of them aren't even dressing. So whatever the final outcome is wont tell us much of anything about each team.
I have heard the same rumor GalliaGrad89. Taking it even farther, I've heard it wont even be one drive. I've heard several starters are not playing at all.

Very interested to see RV backup QB, Brown. Heard a lot of good things about him.

Should be a interesting evening in Bidwell!

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

27-14 SG final. I have no idea who RV's starters are. Looks like RV has a lot of kids out this year. SG has around 28-30 kids out.

Both team played backups 2nd half. Good luck to both teams this season!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

we can never get to the number 30 rebelcat. we have 28 with bruce rutt who didn't dress tonight. thanks for the support

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

RebelCat wrote:27-14 SG final. I have no idea who RV's starters are. Looks like RV has a lot of kids out this year. SG has around 28-30 kids out.

Both team played backups 2nd half. Good luck to both teams this season!
Actually RV had their starters out in the 1st qtr. SG played most starters into the 3rd qtr. I thought RVs JV kids played pretty good against SG starters by only giving up only 2 scores and making gseveral stops. Anyway both teams are still 0-0 and I wish both teams best of luck this year.
Last edited by galliagrad89 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

SG 27
RV 14

Some of the things that stood out to me.....#5 QB for SG was athletic and a great runner as he always is.....they have some big boys up front on both sides of ball. #5 has a nice arm as well, connecting on a few long passes, including the first TD of the game.

For RV....I dont really know what to say. lol......Hardway didnt even dress, and neither did basically their entire running back crew....#11 Patrick Brown, the back up QB looks like a nice young player, and should be a great replacement for Hardway starting next season. He hit Kirk Morrow on a long TD pass for Raiders first score of the game.

Overall....both teams got a "game-like" play under their belts, and now look to play for REAL next Friday night to start off this 2015 season!

Good luck to the Rebels the rest of the way.....and as always, GO RAIDERS!!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good luck to both teams this season. This is a scrimmage and both teams got out of it what they needed. Yes SG played the kids longer than RV but they have fewer kids plus SGs kids need to be able to go both ways so they needed the conditioning more than RV. RV will have a fine season and they also got what they wanted, out of the scrimmage without any injuries. I think both got out if with out injuries.

Good Luck Raiders and Rebels! Would be nice to see both in the play offs!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I just wonder why you wouldn't play your starters at least a half. I know you don't want injuries, but using scrimmages to get kids in game mode is a big part of preventing injuries later. Surely playing full speed is beneficial. As far as conditioning as mtswngrvsg mentioned, hoe does playing starters less than a quarter properly condition them for games? Just a few questions. It just seems to me it makes since to let your starters get after it for at least a little while. Also, running offense in game situations seems like it would be valuable. By not playing them, you've pretty much taken that element of play away too.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

who was number 4 playing in the slot for some of the first half?

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Looks like Sparling is finally getting it! Why would you play your starters against a team who is playing their SUPERBOWL? RV is far more talented that SG. Hutchinson is a decent athlete but they have little else. RV defense actually was quite surprising. Good luck to both teams.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BlizzardMan wrote:I just wonder why you wouldn't play your starters at least a half. I know you don't want injuries, but using scrimmages to get kids in game mode is a big part of preventing injuries later. Surely playing full speed is beneficial. As far as conditioning as mtswngrvsg mentioned, hoe does playing starters less than a quarter properly condition them for games? Just a few questions. It just seems to me it makes since to let your starters get after it for at least a little while. Also, running offense in game situations seems like it would be valuable. By not playing them, you've pretty much taken that element of play away too.
LOL! Yea Buddy!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

YEEE HAWW!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Bevo wrote:Looks like Sparling is finally getting it! Why would you play your starters against a team who is playing their SUPERBOWL? RV is far more talented that SG. Hutchinson is a decent athlete but they have little else. RV defense actually was quite surprising. Good luck to both teams.
To get them reps and ready for game situations.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BlizzardMan wrote:
Bevo wrote:Looks like Sparling is finally getting it! Why would you play your starters against a team who is playing their SUPERBOWL? RV is far more talented that SG. Hutchinson is a decent athlete but they have little else. RV defense actually was quite surprising. Good luck to both teams.
To get them reps and ready for game situations.
Yea Buddy! Thanks Coach

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Thanks for sharing your opinion there Bevo. You are the "expert".

Return to “Football”