IS THE SOC BURG AND EVERYONE ELSE ??? WHO LOOKS TO MAKE A MOVE UP THIS YEAR.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IS THE SOC BURG AND EVERYONE ELSE ??? WHO LOOKS TO MAKE A MOVE UP THIS YEAR.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THIS TOPIC IS NOT INTENDED IN ANYWAY TO START ANYTHING.--------------------------- I TRULEY MEAN THAT. JUST INTERESTED IN SOME SOC NEWS IN ONE TOPIC.IT'S A LEAGUE I FOLLOW AS CLOSELY AS THE OVC. WHAT CHANGES HAS THE SOC HAD THIS OFF SEASON IF ANY ??????? ANY COACHING CHANGES. VACANCIES, BIG SCHEDULING NEWS. I KNOW BURG STEPPED UP THEIR OOC PLAY WITH SOME VERY QUALITY OPPONENTS. ------------------------ WHO'S CLOSE IN THE REAR VIEW TO MAKING A BIG PUSH AGAINST THE PIRATE SHIP THAT HAS BEEN SINKING OTHER SOC BOATS THERE. HOW DO YOU THINK BURG WILL FAIR AGAINST THEIR NEW OPPONENTS. IS MINFORD,THE OAKS,WAVERLY, VALLEY, WEST AND THE LIKE BUILDING ANY POWERHOUSES TO PUSH THE BURG.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: IS THE SOC BURG AND EVERYONE ELSE ??? WHO LOOKS TO MAKE A MOVE UP THIS YEAR.

thanks smurray for posting a poll. I know the waverly tigers gave the burg everything they wanted last year. I wanted to see that and my wife was in the hospital. I remember coming back home while the crowd was leaving the game , it was wall to wall traffic from Portsmouth to waverly.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
rxburgfan
All State

Re: IS THE SOC BURG AND EVERYONE ELSE ??? WHO LOOKS TO MAKE A MOVE UP THIS YEAR.

Post by rxburgfan »

When hasn't it been Burg and everyone else? The machine that is Wheelersburg. But at least before week one games everyone is even.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I will agree but the SOC in my mind has been down the last few years. Outside the league the teams other than Burg have no performed well. It is a new year good luck to all the teams.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

rxburgfan wrote:When hasn't it been Burg and everyone else? The machine that is Wheelersburg. But at least before week one games everyone is even.
not very long ago at all. you quickly forgot about runs by the west siders and the valley Indians.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Game day wrote:I will agree but the SOC in my mind has been down the last few years. Outside the league the teams other than Burg have no performed well. It is a new year good luck to all the teams.

I agree, I also think overall football wise , it's not been very deep as well.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
rxburgfan wrote:When hasn't it been Burg and everyone else? The machine that is Wheelersburg. But at least before week one games everyone is even.
not very long ago at all. you quickly forgot about runs by the west siders and the valley Indians.
It takes consistent effort. That's what burg has done. A talented team like valley and west can knock off the burg every now and again but 31 out of 44 has been burgs.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg may not win it every year but there always near the top. How many times in the last 30-40 years has the burg lost more than 1 SOC game in a season?

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

There may have been a few runs but overall few teams have won more than a hand full of games against the Pirates. Valley had a good ride of couple years but the old saying is "what have you done for me lately?". Answer for most SOC teams is try and best everyone else and finish second.

Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

Bait.......when was the last time West had a good run? When was the last time they won the SOC?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Redsfan wrote:Bait.......when was the last time West had a good run? When was the last time they won the SOC?
08/09?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Redsfan wrote:Bait.......when was the last time West had a good run? When was the last time they won the SOC?
08/09?
Sounds about right.

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

Only competition I see for Burg in the SOC is Waverly.

Return to “Football”