Coal Grove new football coach

linedrive
Freshman Team

Coal Grove new football coach

Post by linedrive »

The Dawson-Bryant BOE has hired Brian Kidd as the new head football coach. Thoughts?

Grove4Life
Riding the Bench

Re: Coal Grove new football coach

Post by Grove4Life »

I would have been happy either way.

I am getting a kick out of all the people on facebook crying over the decision.

To play devils advocate with these people my only thought would be will they be willing to eat crow if Kidd does a great job, I mean looking at our schedule 6-4, 5-5 was my outlook even with Big Dad as coach. Only time will tell if this is a great decision.

Well time and getting the parents to understand that little Billy is playing football, it is a rough sport and there will be hitting and tackling during practice.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Congrats Coach Kidd.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations brian.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I don't understand why they opened up the search for a coach and so very good coach that applied did not even get an interview for the job? Nothing against Brian but why would you do that and waste everyone's time putting their applications in.

EagleFan89
JV Team

Post by EagleFan89 »

Because they have to?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

INDEED IT IS REQUIRED. I WISH COACH KIDD ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD.
UNTIL THEY PLAY MY FIGHTING TIGERS.

fanhavingfun
Waterboy

Post by fanhavingfun »

game day wrote:I don't understand why they opened up the search for a coach and so very good coach that applied did not even get an interview for the job? Nothing against Brian but why would you do that and waste everyone's time putting their applications in.
I second this. Didn't make much sense if you ask me. My only thought is that they were trying to "legitimize" to process by making it appear like they didn't have Kidd in mind when they let Dave go (which I am still curious why they did considering the success they have seen the past how many seasons?)...

My question is, what happens to Jay? He still coaches basketball, track, and powerlifting, doesn't he? Isn't he also the AD? Will he remain on the football staff?

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

Who was this "very good coach" that applied?

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

I believe that Coach J Lucas may have resigned as basketball coach at Coal grove. I am not sure about the powerlifting position

fanhavingfun
Waterboy

Post by fanhavingfun »

Dinocrocetti wrote:I believe that Coach J Lucas may have resigned as basketball coach at Coal grove. I am not sure about the powerlifting position
I did see where they posted the head basketball position. I also found this article today.

http://www.irontontribune.com/2015/06/0 ... o-players/

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:congratulations brian.
Congratulations Coach Kidd, there don't get any better guy than Coach Kid and he is a very fine coach. I feel as long as he has time to get together a staff he will do a great job for Coal Grove. Coach Dave Lucas was too a wonderful man and a great coach. Hard to see him go out the way he did. Hopefully the people of Coal Grove somehow will get to show him the appreciation that he knows they feel for him. I'm certain the board members too were not meaning for it to come to this, just wanting what they felt best. Sometimes best is a very tough decision. Coach Jay Lucas too is a very hard working man. He has his own style and given the reigns to prove himself he will I am sure take a program to a successful finish. He has grown up with it his whole life and his father knew the rules better than anyone. I'm sure the apple don't fall far from the tree. I am hoping for continued success for everyone involved as I am sure these all are an extremely successful bunch. Good luch to all. Especially the young men who are currently on the team and coming up. I hope they all get behind this program and realize they are what make a program successful or a failure. Again good luck men!!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

docw wrote:Who was this "very good coach" that applied?
He is a school teacher in the Ironton school system. Also I found out another teacher applied from Portsmouth.

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

Good luck to Coach Kidd. I know Brian from way back and he has always been a great guy. Looking at the success he's had a middle school, I can imagine that he will continue that at the varsity level. I hope the folks at CG stand behind Coach Kidd and his staff and support the Hornets.

Gallipolis Blue Devil
Riding the Bench

Post by Gallipolis Blue Devil »

I heard Brian contacted coaches that used to coach at Portsmouth West to see if they would be interested in being on his staff. Has anyone else heard anything about his staff?

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

Gallipolis Blue Devil wrote:I heard Brian contacted coaches that used to coach at Portsmouth West to see if they would be interested in being on his staff. Has anyone else heard anything about his staff?
Not sure where you are getting your sources from :lol:
I'm pretty sure all the staff (with the exception of two who are from Ironton) are from Coal Grove.

Grove4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Grove4Life »

Gallipolis Blue Devil wrote:I heard Brian contacted coaches that used to coach at Portsmouth West to see if they would be interested in being on his staff. Has anyone else heard anything about his staff?
From what I have heard about possible assistants I hope this rumor is true.

Return to “Football”