SCIOTOVILLE COMMUNITY-AKA PORTSMOUTH EAST-111
SYMMES VALLEY-103
REEDSVILLE EASTERN-101
GLOUSTER TRIMBLE-97
SOUTH GALLIA-96
FRANKLIN FURNACE GREEN-80
LANCASTER FISHER CATHOLIC-67
PORTSMOUTH NOTRE DAME-50

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: LOCAL TEAMS AFTER OHSAA REASSIGNMENTS

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

IF I LEFT ANY OUT, FEEL FREE TO ADD THEM.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I realize coldwater ain't local. but that's whoever's problem.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I realize coldwater ain't local. but that's whoever's problem.
How does Coldwater move down based on competitive balance? Is it because they got beat in the state finals? :lol:

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I realize coldwater ain't local. but that's whoever's problem.
Ain't Wheelersburg's problem anymore lol
Hats off to the other area teams in D6 if somehow you get that far good luck against that beast of a football team.
On that note how does D5 look now? Do you think it's more competitive with the teams that moved down Johnstown foe example or is D5 weaker overall? Of course CCC and Burg are a couple front runners but what other schools are competitive on a year to year base?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Good work, Bait.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I am old and like things simple and uncomplicated. OHSAA seems to have created a math driven system that requires at least a masters of science degree or at least a working knowledge of nested "if" statements, V and H lookups along with pivot tables that produce charts with circles and arrows for explanation. Why not just make the private schools play up a class as they do in South Carolina?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Attack wrote:
How does Coldwater move down based on competitive balance? Is it because they got beat in the state finals? :lol:
I HAVE NO IDEA ATTACK. WAY ABOVE MY PAYGRADE.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

formerfcfan wrote:Good work, Bait.

thank you friend. I aim to please. and it was very interesting to do actually.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

The division 6 State Championship will be decided in districts between Coldwater, Kirtland, and Marion Local.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Shadyside is now D6 too. Them and Newark Catholic in the SE district will be interesting.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

It is pretty simple math fellas, if you get kids outside your feeder school, then those kids count as more. The reason Coldwater moved down, is because a bunch of D VI privates and publics moved up, and since the Ohsaa wants each division to have about the same number if more move up, they simply redraw the cutoff lines and it looks like Coldwater went down. Their base EMIS enrollment, how many physical kids are in the building didnt change much.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

indianabuck wrote:The division 6 State Championship will be decided in districts between Coldwater, Kirtland, and Marion Local.

YEAH I was going to say and shadyside is in there to and likely Youngstown ursiline.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

strange I made that comment about Youngstown ursiline. and looked , I'm not seeing them. what division are they.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Youngstown Ursuline and Youngstown Mooney are both Division 4. Steubenville thought getting rid of Columbus Hartley would make their playoff picture better but now they have to deal with Ursuline and Mooney.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Coldwater vs Who for the D-6 state title.

Could be this for at least a few years or more.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Coldwater vs Who for the D-6 state title.

Not necessarily, Marion local has had there number and they should be in same region. Coldwater 2-3 vs them in last 5 meetings

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This is true.

Those two are special.

kodeman419
Waterboy

Post by kodeman419 »

fbnut wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Coldwater vs Who for the D-6 state title.

Not necessarily, Marion local has had there number and they should be in same region. Coldwater 2-3 vs them in last 5 meetings
IM not sure I would say ML has had their number with a 3-2 record the last 5 and 0-2 their last 2 meetings but the point is taken; ML can beat CW 50% of the time. Who knows, these 2 teams could meet in week2 of the playoffs! Crazy...

Ive watched them play several times and my general observations are : I like ML's 3-4 attacking defense better...however, their weakness has been the pass... which plays into CW's strength and that is a diversified balanced attack. CW also seems to have the better ST in their kicking and return game than ML traditionally and that has been the difference in the last 2. But a large part of this comes down to the talent. I think CW will be down again for CW standards especially in their skill players and depth. Good on the lines though. NOt sure what ML has coming back but Dirksen is back this year after a broken leg. He committed to ND a while back. 6-5 290ish and farm boy thick.. not fat. If ML can get back to having a passing game like they did when Bertke played (signee with Pitt) its over cause they will always be able to run the ball and stop the run.

I think with Kirtland and CW falling out; D5 is weaker. Watch out for Ottawa Glandorf falling from D4. Good solid program. Smallest school in their league and they are always in contention. WBL is mostly D2,3 and 4. OG lost to eventual state champ bishop Hartley 38-35 in regional finals so watch for them. Also, Watch for the next MAC team to make a run in D5 and that would be Anna or Versailles. I really like Versailles. They just missed out on playoffs last year. I was hoping they would've sneaked in at #8 and play CHCA cause I think they win that game. They need to develop a more balanced offense but Versailles can play ball. Is it football time yet? :)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I remember a playoff game in Dayton welcome stadium between the ironton fighting tigers and the Versailles tigers many moons ago. and the guy behind me was watching a portable tv, and the ohio state/Michigan game was on. all I could hear was tim biakabatuka's name. I think tim run for about 3 miles against the buckeyes that day in a rare wolverine victory. hit was a long ride home from Dayton.and if memory serves me correct I think ironton lost as well.

Return to “Football”