Big day Thursday April 7th

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Big day Thursday April 7th

Post by Raider6309 »

Burg_10 wrote:D3 and D6 are stacked. Whoever takes those championships will have worked through it no doubt.
Marion Local, Kirtland, and Coldwater in the same division :shock:

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Here is a good question to ask, with many schools moving up and divisions seeing a bit of a shuffle, does it cause a new round of conference realignment throughout the state and how much? For the Logan posters, does it get them into a conference? Warren (besides the OVAC)?

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

GoBucks1047 wrote:Here is a good question to ask, with many schools moving up and divisions seeing a bit of a shuffle, does it cause a new round of conference realignment throughout the state and how much? For the Logan posters, does it get them into a conference? Warren (besides the OVAC)?
That's what I was wondering

SOC 1
GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Seabee_0586 wrote:
GoBucks1047 wrote:Here is a good question to ask, with many schools moving up and divisions seeing a bit of a shuffle, does it cause a new round of conference realignment throughout the state and how much? For the Logan posters, does it get them into a conference? Warren (besides the OVAC)?
Here's a thought. With Chillicothe moving up to D2 and with McClain and Washington C.H. being midpack D4, can Logan and Teays Valley see potential invites should the FAC want to expand and create a geographical/(Big-Little school) division along with some smaller D4 schools like Unioto, Circleville, Logan Elm, and then a 12th school in the region.
Last edited by GoBucks1047 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

I'm wondering about the soc1

SOC 1
GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Northwest seen a loss in players this past season to where their roster size was similar of most SOC I schools, so I'd say move up Oak Hill in Football to balance the divisions at 6 teams and ease scheduling. It should make SOC I more competitive and shouldn't bring down the competitiveness in SOC II. I know Eastern is a concern in its other sports where they seen a spike in boys athletes, but I'd personally like to see them stay in SOC I, someone in another thread said them and South Webster were being considered to swap divisions in all sports except Football. Then I'd like to see South Webster moved down and Ironton St. Joe added to SOC I to make 10 in non-football sports, and set up divisions to help cut down on travel, and add more competition in SOC I.

After that, I'd like to see Portsmouth replace South Webster in SOC II and River Valley replace Portsmouth in the OVC, but I feel like Portsmouth wouldn't join if offered, same with River Valley, so the next best option would be for Gallia Academy to be invited to join the TVC and be the 8th member in the Ohio Division, unlikely, and allow the OVC and SOC II to play in crossover games in all sports since both would have 7 members each in all sports (assuming Northwest and Oak Hill moved up to SOC II in football).

Nigel Tufnel
Waterboy

Post by Nigel Tufnel »

GoBucks1047 wrote:
Seabee_0586 wrote:
Already noticed something in MSL football. Wellington and Rosecrans are joining the Cardinal this year all sports bringing them up to 8 teams in all sports. Liberty Union is moving down to the Ohio Division football only, and Bishop Ready is joining the Ohio Division in football only bringing their football up to 8 teams. With the departure of Liberty Union from the Buckeye Division, that leaves 7 teams in the Buckeye, and it has made me wonder if Logan could get an invite to the MSL-Buckeye in football only to make it an even 8 teams in Buckeye football, and then could schedule Athens, Jackson, and Chillicothe non-conference in football. The Buckeye division current has 5 D4 schools, a D3 (Hamilton Twp.), and a D2 (Teays Valley).

Another though with Chillicothe moving up to D2 and with McClain and Washington C.H. being midpack D4, can Logan and Teays Valley see potential invites should the FAC want to expand and create a geographical/(Big-Little school) division along with some smaller D4 schools like Unioto, Circleville, Logan Elm, and then a 12th school in the region.
Both the Buckeye and Ohio divisions will have 7 teams in football.
Buckeye: Amanda-Clearcreek, Bloom Carroll, Circleville, Fairfield Union, Hamilton Twp., Logan Elm, Teays Valley
Ohio: Bexley, Columbus Academy, Grandview Heights, Liberty Union, London, Ready, Whitehall

The two divisions have agreed to play crossover games to cover their open weeks during Weeks 4-10 (whichever Buckeye team is open Week 8, for example, will play whichever Ohio team is open).

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

I missread something earlier today and thought it was implying that Worthington Christian was moving from the Cardinal to the Ohio. Also forgot Wellington School doesn't have football. My bad.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I feel sorry for our D3 teams in SEO

What the top 15 could like in Region 11 now ...

1. Columbus DeSales
2. Bishop Hartley
3. Tri Valley
4. Hamilton Township
5. Eastmoor Academy
6. Beechcroft
7. Marion Franklin
8. Bishop Watterson
9. Zanesville
10. Granville
11. Maysville
11. Miami Trace
12. Sheridan
13. Jackson
14. Athens
15. Independence

Holly crap!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

All the D3 teams in Columbus are in Region 11. I don't see how or why DeSales and Hartley would be split up.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

GoBucks1047 wrote:Northwest seen a loss in players this past season to where their roster size was similar of most SOC I schools, so I'd say move up Oak Hill in Football to balance the divisions at 6 teams and ease scheduling. It should make SOC I more competitive and shouldn't bring down the competitiveness in SOC II. I know Eastern is a concern in its other sports where they seen a spike in boys athletes, but I'd personally like to see them stay in SOC I, someone in another thread said them and South Webster were being considered to swap divisions in all sports except Football. Then I'd like to see South Webster moved down and Ironton St. Joe added to SOC I to make 10 in non-football sports, and set up divisions to help cut down on travel, and add more competition in SOC I.

After that, I'd like to see Portsmouth replace South Webster in SOC II and River Valley replace Portsmouth in the OVC, but I feel like Portsmouth wouldn't join if offered, same with River Valley, so the next best option would be for Gallia Academy to be invited to join the TVC and be the 8th member in the Ohio Division, unlikely, and allow the OVC and SOC II to play in crossover games in all sports since both would have 7 members each in all sports (assuming Northwest and Oak Hill moved up to SOC II in football).
The SOC had their opportunities to accept Portsmouth over the years and let old grudges, real or perceived, stand in the way. Honestly I feel the "new" OVC offers Portsmouth better competition and more future stability than does the SOC.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

so ole bait took a gander at all of em. n looked up our locals
D1-LANCASTER-734

D2-LOGAN-506
WESTERN BROWN-412
CHILLICOTHE-398

D3-ATHENS-333
JACKSON-305
MIAMI TRACE-281

D4-BLOOM CARROL-273
CHILLI UNIOTO-271
LOGAN ELM-259
WASHINGTON COURT HOUSE-258
CIRCLEVILLE-256
VINTON COUNTY-249
GALLIA ACADEMY-239
CHILLI ZANE TRACE-238
WAVERLY-236
WESTFALL-213
AMANDA CLEARCREEK-212
MEIGS-210

D5-FAIRLAND-209
WHEELERSBURG-200
PORTSMOUTH WEST 199
CHESAPEAKE-195
ROCK HILL-185
NORTHWESTERN-185
PIKETON-182
SOUTH POINT-180
PORTSMOUTH-177
OAK HILL-173
IRONTON-170
WELLSTON-169
MINFORD-168

D6
COLDWATER-159
NELSONVILLE YORK-145-
FORT FRYE-145
LUCASVILLE VALLEY-140
SOUTHEASTERN-138
PAINT VALLEY-138
NEWARK CATHOLIC-137
HUNTINGTON CHILLICOTHE-136
EASTERN BEAVER-131
COAL GROVE-126

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

so ole bait took a gander at all of em. n looked up our locals
D1-LANCASTER-734

D2-LOGAN-506
WESTERN BROWN-412
CHILLICOTHE-398

D3-ATHENS-333
JACKSON-305
MIAMI TRACE-281

D4-BLOOM CARROL-273
CHILLI UNIOTO-271
LOGAN ELM-259
WASHINGTON COURT HOUSE-258
CIRCLEVILLE-256
VINTON COUNTY-249
GALLIA ACADEMY-239
CHILLI ZANE TRACE-238
WAVERLY-236
WESTFALL-213
AMANDA CLEARCREEK-212
MEIGS-210

D5-FAIRLAND-209
WHEELERSBURG-200
PORTSMOUTH WEST 199
CHESAPEAKE-195
ROCK HILL-185
NORTHWESTERN-185
PIKETON-182
SOUTH POINT-180
PORTSMOUTH-177
OAK HILL-173
IRONTON-170
WELLSTON-169
MINFORD-168

D6
COLDWATER-159
NELSONVILLE YORK-145-
FORT FRYE-145
LUCASVILLE VALLEY-140
SOUTHEASTERN-138
PAINT VALLEY-138
NEWARK CATHOLIC-137
HUNTINGTON CHILLICOTHE-136
EASTERN BEAVER-131
COAL GROVE-126

D7-
SCIOTOVILLE COMMUNITY-AKA PORTSMOUTH EAST-111
SYMMES VALLEY-103
REEDSVILLE EASTERN-101
GLOUSTER TRIMBLE-97
SOUTH GALLIA-96
FRANKLIN FURNACE GREEN-80
LANCASTER FISHER CATHOLIC-67
PORTSMOUTH NOTRE DAME-50

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IF I LEFT ANY OUT FEEL FREE TO ADD.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Shadyside is D6 now. Them and Newark Catholic is the SE district will be quite interesting.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

indianabuck wrote:Shadyside is D6 now. Them and Newark Catholic is the SE district will be quite interesting.
NC, shadyside, NY ... other than, D6 looks somewhat weak.

Return to “Football”