What's next for the SEOAL?

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: What's next for the SEOAL?

Post by Dundas »

As I stated on the last page.. I've had a change of heart on expansion. The TVC needs to absorb the SEOAL and go to 4 divisions based on school size and proximity.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Dundas wrote:After having time to think about all of this SEOAL TVC crap...I am in favor of this setup.. even though it will not happen. I think it would be good for the TVC.

TVC 1
Jackson
Logan
Gallia
Warren
Athens

TVC 2
VC
NY
RV
Wellston
Meigs

TVC 3
Eastern
Southern
Wahama
SG
Alex

TVC 4
Miller
Trimble
Fed
Belpre
Waterford
If the above were actually in place any of the last 3-5 years name me one sport and what year Jackson would have won sole possession of (or shared) a title in that sport? I come up with 1 outright title (maybe) in the last 5 years and 1-2 shares taking into account: football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, softball, track, wrestling, golf, tennis, cross country, etc.

We would have not dominated anything and fell mid-range to lower in a lot of those, so if we are no threat based on the last half a decade, but bring facilities, travel, and $$ someone explain how that is a bad thing.

There is no downside (we are a big school but history shows recently that doesn't equate to wins in head to head match-ups) and the upside is $$ from gates, competition (Harbin points in football for example), facilities and travel that is really no different than what everyone is doing now.

What am I missing?
Last edited by doubleplay643 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

TVC 1
Jackson
Warren
Athens
VC
Meigs
Wellston

TVC 2
NY
RV
Alex
Eastern
SG
Trimble

TVC 3
Southern
Wahama
Miller
Fed
Belpre
Waterford

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Dundas' 4-team division really accounts for limiting the travel and it is a good option if you look at school size, distance and rivalries.

Plus, I bet if it were put out soon as an option by the TVC, Gallia (even though they just voted to move to the OVC) may consider it as a better option and withdraw their OVC commitment. The first division in order for it to gain widespread acceptance in my opinion needs to get VC, Meigs and Wellston into their own division. You could obviously cross-over (Athens-NY) for long-standing rivalries, but I like a Athens, Jackson, Logan, Gallia, and Warren grouping, and the others he has laid out grouping them considering size, travel and rivalries.

Great in theory, can it be sold is another question.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Lets sell it DP!!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Dundas wrote:Lets sell it DP!!
Lol, might be just me and you and Viking96 agreeing on it Dundas....which one of us can convince O&B lol.

If we can convince him heck convincing the TVC will be easy :122245

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

SEOAL - Where are they now?

Tri Valley Conference - Ohio Division:
1. Athens Bulldogs
2. Meigs Marauders (includes pre-consolidation Pomeroy Purple Panthers and Middleport Yellow Jackets as well)
3. Nelsonville-York Buckeyes (includes pre-consolidation Nelsonville Greyhounds)
4. River Valley Raiders
5. Wellston Golden Rockets

South Central Ohio League:
1. Chillicothe Cavaliers

Ohio Valley Conference:
1. Gallia Academy Blue Devils
2. Ironton Fighting Tigers
3. Portsmouth Trojans

East Central Ohio League:
1. Marietta Tigers
2. Zanesville Blue Devils

Southern Ohio Conference I:
1. New Boston (Glenwood) Tigers

Southern Ohio Conference II:
1. Waverly Tigers

Cardinal Conference (West Virginia)
1. Point Pleasant Big Blacks

The Island of Misfit Toys:
1. Jackson Ironmen
2. Logan Chieftans
3. Warren Warriors

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Misfit Toys lol
I wouldn't trade Jackson's program for any other program on that list. The hate spews from nelsonville York posters lol

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Viking why would you want another bigger team in a league where you can't compete in

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

goUK wrote:TVC 1
Jackson
Warren
Athens
VC
Meigs
Wellston

TVC 2
NY
RV
Alex
Eastern
SG
Trimble

TVC 3
Southern
Wahama
Miller
Fed
Belpre
Waterford
You must hate SG and Eastern :lol:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

NY BUCKS wrote:Viking why would you want another bigger team in a league where you can't compete in

Are you referring to The Vikings or Ironmen ??

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Im stating Vc just No offence just vc cant compete

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

NY BUCKS wrote:Im stating Vc just No offence just vc cant compete
Can't compete ??? VC ??? Are you kidding me ? Vc is the class of the TVC in basketball , and cross country . They're good in girls basketball and wrestling also. No vc hasn't got its football back to where it should be but a conference it's just one sport . But to you point that's why adding the seoal and splitting to divisions would be good for vc football. They avoid Athens and could schedule they're TVC crossover games as they see fit

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Viking96 wrote:
Can't compete ??? VC ??? Are you kidding me ? Vc is the class of the TVC in basketball , and cross country . They're good in girls basketball and wrestling also. No vc hasn't got its football back to where it should be but a conference it's just one sport . But to you point that's why adding the seoal and splitting to divisions would be good for vc football. They avoid Athens and could schedule they're TVC crossover games as they see fit
You would have to add a lot more teams than just whats left in the SEOAL for VC to be able to dodge Athens. If those teams come in VC will be right in there with them. There are not enough big schools in the area for this to happen. VC and Athens are too close in numbers. So be careful what you wish for. ;-)

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Viking96 wrote:
Easy there Viking96 lol...this just shows you can take the boy out of Vinton County but you can't take Vinton County out of the boy lol. Still bleeding maroon.

Pretty sure he was referring to football. In Dundas' imaginary Division breakout that all 4 of us have embraced as the best solution lol, VC is in the second grouping and therefore only plays teams in the first grouping if that is what they want to do do to fill scheduling holes.

I don't see where anyone jumped on board last night so we still have 4 in agreement lol as of this morning.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Viking96 wrote:
Easy there Viking96 lol...this just shows you can take the boy out of Vinton County but you can't take Vinton County out of the boy lol. Still bleeding maroon.

Pretty sure he was referring to football. In Dundas' imaginary Division breakout that all 4 of us have embraced as the best solution lol, VC is in the second grouping and therefore only plays teams in the first grouping if that is what they want to do do to fill scheduling holes.

I don't see where anyone jumped on board last night so we still have 4 in agreement lol as of this morning.

dp643 with another service ace of a post. I FORE! one am glad to have v96 bleeding red.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Viking96 wrote:

dp643 with another service ace of a post. I FORE! one am glad to have v96 bleeding red.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

My 2 cents worth ... Jackson & Warren to the TVC with realignment into 3 divisions.
Who in what divisions? I don't know, but I think it could work for everyone.
I'll let you guys argue that one out.. I see some good division breakdowns on this thread.

Logan should stay independent until the MSL offers an invite. With a minor shift, they would be a good fit into their Buckeye division....

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

javagt wrote:My 2 cents worth ... Jackson & Warren to the TVC with realignment into 3 divisions.
Who in what divisions? I don't know, but I think it could work for everyone.
I'll let you guys argue that one out.. I see some good division breakdowns on this thread.

Logan should stay independent until the MSL offers an invite. With a minor shift, they would be a good fit into their Buckeye division....
Uh-oh, I think we are up to 5 believers now lol.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

I92 with his tennis and golf jokes...killing me, geez

Return to “Football”