What's next for the SEOAL?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: What's next for the SEOAL?

Post by noreply66 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:Are you speaking for all, or just some? I've always liked playing Nelsonville.

Really?
Nelsonville hasn't played football since 1966.......

I would imagine you would have enjoyed playing Nelsonville-York though.

I've heard it from Logan, Jackson, Gallia, Marietta, even Athens before they became members.

It is Logan Hocking School District now ...not Logan

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

SEOAL schools have spewed arrogance for as long as I've been alive. I heard it on the drive home from Valley last Friday night on the Jackson postgame radio broadcast. It will never end, even if the SEOAL does and no one will ever make me think otherwise. I could write a book on the things I've heard everyday fans say on a Friday night from SEOAL schools. Its to the point now where its laughable.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Dundas wrote:SEOAL schools have spewed arrogance for as long as I've been alive. I heard it on the drive home from Valley last Friday night on the Jackson postgame radio broadcast. It will never end, even if the SEOAL does and no one will ever make me think otherwise. I could write a book on the things I've heard everyday fans say on a Friday night from SEOAL schools. Its to the point now where its laughable.

It would be fiction

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

noreply66 wrote:
Dundas wrote:SEOAL schools have spewed arrogance for as long as I've been alive. I heard it on the drive home from Valley last Friday night on the Jackson postgame radio broadcast. It will never end, even if the SEOAL does and no one will ever make me think otherwise. I could write a book on the things I've heard everyday fans say on a Friday night from SEOAL schools. Its to the point now where its laughable.

It would be fiction
Yes, it would all be make believe because those who know me, know I'm the biggest liar around.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

I listened to entire broadcast and post game show by three guys who are absolutely very good and very professional at what they do and there was nothing said by them or in the coach's interview afterward that even remotely resembled anything about SEOAL "arrogance". It was all about the game being played or that just had been played.

Can't even remember SEOAL being brought up in any context actually.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Glad I'm only 31 years old and don't have to live with stigma and grudges from the 1960s, '70s, and '80s.

The only reason I've EVER advocated for not playing Nelsonville-York has to do with N-Y consistently being DV-DVI during my lifetime while Logan was DI-DII.

Five of the seven TVC-Ohio schools left the SEOAL largely because they struggled to compete with the BIGGER schools in the SEOAL. The criticism that many in the TVC feel has more to do with schools playing SMALLER schools than it does playing "TVC" schools.

We're ALL rutters - whether you're in Logan, Wellston, Jackson, McArthur, Athens, Nelsonville, Gallipolis, or Pomeroy. If we don't have that in common, we have nothing.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Have to admit, during the Trojans years in the SEOAL, heard a lot of comments about the schools that took their ball home and left the league..........arrogance seems to always come from that Big School

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Good point,Locos. Competition best sums up all of SEOAL, not just one league or two. Size was not the reason Athens ran. Fear of competition is rampant in SEO. Big and small schools run from it. The SEOAL was never arrogant, but was and still is the most competitive league in SEO. With an exception here or there,year after year it dominates others and that is why many have run from it. When you attract the biggest and best as league members over time, decade after decade, people may accuse you of arrogance,but fear of competition keeps them from joining. The two teams who have won more titles than anyone else are still there. Anyone want to play Logan and Jackson every year? Athens willing ? :mrgreen:

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

There is some truth to the fact that schools in this area avoid competition. All one has to do is look at the MVL which is directly north of the TVC and SEOAL. Tri-Valley and Sheridan which are two of the largest schools have dominated the conference in football for years, but I never seem to hear any complaining from the other league members. Not even a peep from the smallest member Crooksville which is around the size of Nelsonville or from Morgan which has historically what I think is the worst football program in the league. Yet down here the TVC refuses to have anything to do with schools like Warren, Jackson, and Gallipolis which are essentially the same size as Athens and Vinton County and located right in their back yard. Gallipolis is actually even smaller these days. None of them I would consider world beaters outside of southeastern Ohio, but that doesn't stop the excuses. My favorite is the one about not admitting Warren because they just so happened to leave the TVC 30 years ago for a chance to play in the same league as Marietta, or Vinton County not wanting any of the SEOAL teams in the league because they were turned down by the league in the 60's. It's completely ridiculous and has no basis in reality. It's amazing that crap like this gets brought up as if it's relevant in 2014. The TVC had a chance to do something good for the area, and they chose not to because they would rather avoid competition. Period.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Prince of Darkness wrote:There is some truth to the fact that schools in this area avoid competition. All one has to do is look at the MVL which is directly north of the TVC and SEOAL. Tri-Valley and Sheridan which are two of the largest schools have dominated the conference in football for years, but I never seem to hear any complaining from the other league members. Not even a peep from the smallest member Crooksville which is around the size of Nelsonville or from Morgan which has historically what I think is the worst football program in the league. Yet down here the TVC refuses to have anything to do with schools like Warren, Jackson, and Gallipolis which are essentially the same size as Athens and Vinton County and located right in their back yard. Gallipolis is actually even smaller these days. None of them I would consider world beaters outside of southeastern Ohio, but that doesn't stop the excuses. My favorite is the one about not admitting Warren because they just so happened to leave the TVC 30 years ago for a chance to play in the same league as Marietta, or Vinton County not wanting any of the SEOAL teams in the league because they were turned down by the league in the 60's. It's completely ridiculous and has no basis in reality. It's amazing that crap like this gets brought up as if it's relevant in 2014. The TVC had a chance to do something good for the area, and they chose not to because they would rather avoid competition. Period.
This completely sums up the whole story!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Prince of Darkness wrote:There is some truth to the fact that schools in this area avoid competition. All one has to do is look at the MVL which is directly north of the TVC and SEOAL. Tri-Valley and Sheridan which are two of the largest schools have dominated the conference in football for years, but I never seem to hear any complaining from the other league members. Not even a peep from the smallest member Crooksville which is around the size of Nelsonville or from Morgan which has historically what I think is the worst football program in the league. Yet down here the TVC refuses to have anything to do with schools like Warren, Jackson, and Gallipolis which are essentially the same size as Athens and Vinton County and located right in their back yard. Gallipolis is actually even smaller these days. None of them I would consider world beaters outside of southeastern Ohio, but that doesn't stop the excuses. My favorite is the one about not admitting Warren because they just so happened to leave the TVC 30 years ago for a chance to play in the same league as Marietta, or Vinton County not wanting any of the SEOAL teams in the league because they were turned down by the league in the 60's. It's completely ridiculous and has no basis in reality. It's amazing that crap like this gets brought up as if it's relevant in 2014. The TVC had a chance to do something good for the area, and they chose not to because they would rather avoid competition. Period.
Spot on !

The TVC had a chance to become the premier conference in southeastern Ohio. They would've had something for everyone with a strong heavyweight division , strong middleweight division, and a strong lightweight division.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Viking96 wrote:
Spot on !

The TVC had a chance to become the premier conference in southeastern Ohio. They would've had something for everyone with a strong heavyweight division , strong middleweight division, and a strong lightweight division.
SOUTHERN OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

LoganLocos wrote:Glad I'm only 31 years old and don't have to live with stigma and grudges from the 1960s, '70s, and '80s.

The only reason I've EVER advocated for not playing Nelsonville-York has to do with N-Y consistently being DV-DVI during my lifetime while Logan was DI-DII.

Five of the seven TVC-Ohio schools left the SEOAL largely because they struggled to compete with the BIGGER schools in the SEOAL. The criticism that many in the TVC feel has more to do with schools playing SMALLER schools than it does playing "TVC" schools.

We're ALL rutters - whether you're in Logan, Wellston, Jackson, McArthur, Athens, Nelsonville, Gallipolis, or Pomeroy. If we don't have that in common, we have nothing.
Totally agree Locos! My Feeling as well,there are some who have made arrogant comments over the years, but I would guess this is how most would feel,Logan is in a no win situation playing teams as small as N-Y unless they are a state powerhouse team like Loudenville they get no respect.Its a good gate and travel distance but if Logan wins they should win and then some people come out an whine why they would play such small schools every year.I am personally glad the TVC didn't accept them because we would have never heard the end of it! I will give N-Y credit though for having the guts to still schedule a team much bigger than them,a lot of teams cut and run when the competition gets too tough and Logan is not excused from that for dropping Lancaster IMO

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:Glad I'm only 31 years old and don't have to live with stigma and grudges from the 1960s, '70s, and '80s.

Totally agree Locos! My Feeling as well,there are some who have made arrogant comments over the years, but I would guess this is how most would feel,Logan is in a no win situation playing teams as small as N-Y unless they are a state powerhouse team like Loudenville they get no respect.Its a good gate and travel distance but if Logan wins they should win and then some people come out an whine why they would play such small schools every year.I am personally glad the TVC didn't accept them because we would have never heard the end of it! I will give N-Y credit though for having the guts to still schedule a team much bigger than them,a lot of teams cut and run when the competition gets too tough and Logan is not excused from that for dropping Lancaster IMO
Your last sentence in your quote is my same opinion as well, C- Bolt.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

It's not the TVC's job to save the SEOAL. Stop whining about it. They didn't want my more members because over expansion is not good. That's why the SEOAL is folding in the first place.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

It looked good at first but people didn't look into the future.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Tradition, loyalty and commitment.....Outsiders will never possess it regardless what they say...They'll turn tail and run when a better opportunity presents itself...FACT!!

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I need to apologize to the SEOAL fans. When Athens was making it's farewell tour, and taking it's lumps, the opposing bleachers often chanted TVC, TVC, TVC. Silly me, I thought they were being derogatory---when come to find out they were praising us!

Yes sir, I had it all wrong---after reading about the love and respect the SEOAL has shown the TVC---at least on here. :)

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The TVC is already to big for two divisions. Imo the league needs to add another team and split into 3 divisions. Big leagues can survive. Example MSL. But the key is logistical divisions.

Return to “Football”