Former East and IMG Academy Player

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

East grad and former img academy player tyler gerald has left the ohio state program

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-stat ... eaves-team
Last edited by Mad-Dogg on Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: mad-dogg

Post by smurray »

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: mad-dogg

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I don't know the story behind this.. however, this is why recruiting is so hard in our area. Players hardly ever stay.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BurgGrad6 wrote:I don't know the story behind this.. however, this is why recruiting is so hard in our area. Players hardly ever stay.
People wonder why the big schools stay away from this area

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Noitall
JV Team

Re: Former East and IMG Academy Player

Post by Noitall »

This is no surprise ,these kids try to go to the big time schools, we all seen the linemen Ohio state signed this year, and every year, he diddnt have a chance ,he can still go DDoubt go somewhere you know you will play,if you're good enough prove yourself and then move up.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

If your not good enough. Your not good enough

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well in all honesty it is quite a jump when you're talking about D7 and going to OSU as a lineman. You are going to face 3rd and 4th string guys that are 10 times better then pretty much anyone you would've faced at East. Each year every college is going to bring in another batch of big better lineman something you have to deal with. I remember a few years back one of the top LBs coming out of Georgia was coming from lowest division and he never did pan out, guy couldn't learn the terminology and struggled with game speed rarely got on the field. In high school he was just the biggest fastest guy on the field each game didn't have to do any of that stuff. We can speculate about reasons for leaving, my guess he seen the writing on the wall, wherever he goes I wish him well and good luck though. It's hard to tell a kid this sometimes and we as adults have the knowledge of living it but first and foremost get that education and if you can get a free one then by god get that free education. A very very small % of kids make it to the next level but everyone benefits from the education these schools are offering.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

greygoose wrote:Well in all honesty it is quite a jump when you're talking about D7 and going to OSU as a lineman. You are going to face 3rd and 4th string guys that are 10 times better then pretty much anyone you would've faced at East. Each year every college is going to bring in another batch of big better lineman something you have to deal with. I remember a few years back one of the top LBs coming out of Georgia was coming from lowest division and he never did pan out, guy couldn't learn the terminology and struggled with game speed rarely got on the field. In high school he was just the biggest fastest guy on the field each game didn't have to do any of that stuff. We can speculate about reasons for leaving, my guess he seen the writing on the wall, wherever he goes I wish him well and good luck though. It's hard to tell a kid this sometimes and we as adults have the knowledge of living it but first and foremost get that education and if you can get a free one then by god get that free education. A very very small % of kids make it to the next level but everyone benefits from the education these schools are offering.
I follow OSU football very closely. Tyler has been playing against top notch competition for the two years prior to joining OSU while playing at the IMG Academy in FL. You do not get better competition than he faced. So it has nothing to do with him coming from D7.

It has everything to do with OSU being at 89 scholarships with the current class that they signed this year, meaning 4 players were going to be asked to take their services elsewhere unfortunately. They have already basically "Cut" James Clark, Lisle, and Kyle Trout, now Gerald.

OSU has to get to 85 scholarship players by beginning of Fall camp, but they are cutting guys loose now. Evidently OSU did not feel like Tyler was ever going to contribute so they have parted ways. Tyler hasn't been working out with the team doing conditioning etc for several weeks already.

Maybe Tyler wanted to leave too, but either way, OSU is not going to be the place where he sees the field.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Buramgerdin wrote:
greygoose wrote:Well in all honesty it is quite a jump when you're talking about D7 and going to OSU as a lineman. You are going to face 3rd and 4th string guys that are 10 times better then pretty much anyone you would've faced at East. Each year every college is going to bring in another batch of big better lineman something you have to deal with. I remember a few years back one of the top LBs coming out of Georgia was coming from lowest division and he never did pan out, guy couldn't learn the terminology and struggled with game speed rarely got on the field. In high school he was just the biggest fastest guy on the field each game didn't have to do any of that stuff. We can speculate about reasons for leaving, my guess he seen the writing on the wall, wherever he goes I wish him well and good luck though. It's hard to tell a kid this sometimes and we as adults have the knowledge of living it but first and foremost get that education and if you can get a free one then by god get that free education. A very very small % of kids make it to the next level but everyone benefits from the education these schools are offering.
I follow OSU football very closely. Tyler has been playing against top notch competition for the two years prior to joining OSU while playing at the IMG Academy in FL. You do not get better competition than he faced. So it has nothing to do with him coming from D7.

It has everything to do with OSU being at 89 scholarships with the current class that they signed this year, meaning 4 players were going to be asked to take their services elsewhere unfortunately. They have already basically "Cut" James Clark, Lisle, and Kyle Trout, now Gerald.

OSU has to get to 85 scholarship players by beginning of Fall camp, but they are cutting guys loose now. Evidently OSU did not feel like Tyler was ever going to contribute so they have parted ways. Tyler hasn't been working out with the team doing conditioning etc for several weeks already.

Maybe Tyler wanted to leave too, but either way, OSU is not going to be the place where he sees the field.
He only spent 1 year at IMG and was injured early in that season if I remember correctly. Like I said maybe he seen the writing on the wall either way I wish him luck if he goes down a level or if OSU releases him and he goes to another DI.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I wish the young man good luck wherever he ends up. would love to see him at an ohio mac team, mount union or youngstown state then or marshall

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

greygoose wrote:
Buramgerdin wrote:

He only spent 1 year at IMG and was injured early in that season if I remember correctly. Like I said maybe he seen the writing on the wall either way I wish him luck if he goes down a level or if OSU releases him and he goes to another DI.
He played both ways at IMG. What did you do in high school and after? Get off the kid. With your earlier statements you don't wish him well, you wish him to fail.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Buramgerdin wrote:

I agree and wish him well wherever he goes.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Blue33--Yeah being a fan of kids from southern ohio and an ohio state guy myself was really hoping he'd fall flat on his face. Typical east fan, everyone hating on us, boo hoo. You guys haven't said anything since that so called playoff game now come on here trying to stir. Good Luck buddy. Heard B. Scott was thinking about heading back to West just can't keep those players there, granted that's where he came from originally. Some of you should really proof read before posting would save yourself a lot of embarrassment.
Last edited by greygoose on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hopefully he comes to OU. We never have depth at the OL

Seabee_05
Waterboy

Post by Seabee_05 »

greygoose wrote:Blue33--Yeah being a fan of kids from southern ohio and an ohio state guy myself was really hoping he'd fall flat on his face. Typical east fan, everyone hating on us, boo hoo. You guys haven't said anything since that so called playoff game now come on here trying to stir. Good Luck buddy. Heard B. Scott was thinking about heading back to West just can't keep those players there, granted that's where he came from originally. Some of you should really proof read before posting would save yourself a lot of embarrassment.
What do you mean b.scott is heading west?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Meyer made the statement during spring ball that the young man just quit showing up.
Didn't sound like he was forced out

Seabee_05
Waterboy

Post by Seabee_05 »

He is burnt out playing football probably

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Good luck to this young man in whatever he chooses to do. Whatever reason for not staying is his and his families. Speculate all you want, but don't bash the kid.

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

Seabee_05 wrote:
greygoose wrote:Blue33--Yeah being a fan of kids from southern ohio and an ohio state guy myself was really hoping he'd fall flat on his face. Typical east fan, everyone hating on us, boo hoo. You guys haven't said anything since that so called playoff game now come on here trying to stir. Good Luck buddy. Heard B. Scott was thinking about heading back to West just can't keep those players there, granted that's where he came from originally. Some of you should really proof read before posting would save yourself a lot of embarrassment.
He doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. He is an East hater. Don't take much of anything he says to heart. He just likes to sit around and play his trumpet and relive his glory days.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Seabee_05 wrote:
Had a guy close with the team mention there was talk of him possibly heading back to West only talk though. East lost quite a few guys maybe kid would like to return home finish against little tougher competition.
Last edited by greygoose on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”