Former East and IMG Academy Player

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Former East and IMG Academy Player

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironmen44 wrote:No pissing match here, but you both are assuming he left on his own agenda. There are two sides of the story and OSU was at 89 scholarships and everyone knew they must get to 85. Meyer knows exactly what happened and is hiding behind his suggestion that Tyler just quit showing up for workouts. Sorry but I don't buy it.
This is hilarious.. I'm quite sure Meyer wouldn't just make that up. He has a little bit more dignity and respect than that.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
hoops37
Waterboy

Post by hoops37 »

Having talked to Coach Johnson at Ohio State, Meyer is being quite friendly and polite towards the young man. He could have came out and told the real story, but it's not necessary. It's also not the worst story in the world, nothing criminal was done.

So in fact, the opposite of the Meyer bashing is true. Dude should be applauded.

I hate to see wasted opportunities, but as others have said, some things aren't for everybody. You change your mind, you move on to new things. Whether those things are good things or bad things, that's up to the individual. I hope it works out for the individual and that Ohio State has continued success.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Its hard for athletes who have been the star in high school to be the little fish in a big pond. OSU is a great lake talent wise lol.

It was quite an accomplishment for him to be on the sidelines. Hopefully he will enroll somewhere else where he can see playing time. It just wasnt going to happen for him at OSU.

These big schools take risks on kids from smaller areas that are non traditionally D1 prospect farmland. Its mainly based on size and stats. I'm sure things are different when you line up across from someone with the same physical structure and just as strong and fast as you.

Hopefully it will all work out for him.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Some of you guys have no clue the pressure and the responsibility of being a major D I athlete. A lot more dont make the cut than you ever know about. This time it just so happens to a local kid and the naysayers come out saying everything negative!

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

king kong wrote:Some of you guys have no clue the pressure and the responsibility of being a major D I athlete. A lot more dont make the cut than you ever know about. This time it just so happens to a local kid and the naysayers come out saying everything negative!

+1

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

king kong wrote:Some of you guys have no clue the pressure and the responsibility of being a major D I athlete. A lot more dont make the cut than you ever know about. This time it just so happens to a local kid and the naysayers come out saying everything negative!
So true. Very few kids are like Trae Williams and start as a freshman. Grant Gregory didn't start QB at a power 5 school until his senior year. Joe Burrow will start his Junior year. Those are two of the greatest ever from SEO

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

I feel bubba Lichtenburg was better

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Raider6309 wrote:
So true. Very few kids are like Trae Williams and start as a freshman. Grant Gregory didn't start QB at a power 5 school until his senior year. Joe Burrow will start his Junior year. Those are two of the greatest ever from SEO

I'm not sure Joe will ever start at Ohio State

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

EasternDspy wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:

I'm not sure Joe will ever start at Ohio State
Maybe not, but he surely outplayed Barrett in the 2016 spring game.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Really do not like this thread.

Kid changed his mind. Like every other kid at some point that goes from High School to College/Work/Military about what they may want to do or be or whatever.

Urban changed his mind, was Florida coach, then ESPN commentator, then OSU coach and at some point will change again most likely. Big deal.

Only news from this topic is from Raider that the greatest ever from SEO hail from Athens, which truly is noteworthy. Not sure I knew that prior to just reading it above.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

EasternDspy wrote: I'm not sure Joe will ever start at Ohio State
OSU is just a different animal. You have to wait your turn and most of their starters are NFL players. Did he transfer to Cincinnati?

"Nightly Scoop: Intel on more spring visitors for #Cincinnati and OSU OL transfer Tyler Gerald (VIP)"

Return to “Football”