Athens Bulldogs 2014

bman
SEO

Re: Athens Bulldogs 2014

Post by bman »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Viking96 wrote:[*]I never advocate running scores up on kids. I used that an example of how a coach should conduct himself when his team has the ability to trounce the other team. Athens though feels its ok to hang 80 on a team and that other teams should get better if don't like it. Show some restraint. Just because you can does t mean you should. I did t like hanging 36 not to mention 80+ !!!
Then what's your answer?

Should Athens have just punted the ball right back to Wellston?

How about snap the ball and run it back out the endzone for a safety and then keep doing that?

They ran the ball, they didn't do anything fancy. I gotta watch the replay. They just ran the ball and they had young kids in early.
Do you want them to play the 8th graders? The 5th 6th grade team ain't bad, how about throw them in so it doesn't look so bad.......

If Athens would have been throwing the ball all over the field in the second half I would have been upset, but they didn't.

I remember one year, Trimble went down to racine and put up 77 on Southern and threw the ball all over the field in the 4th quarter. No one outside of Southern complained.

I don't want to see the score get up that high, but you can't expect a team to take a knee 3 times and punt on every possession.
Sounds like Athens did everything it could to be respectable. Not sure what else they are supposed to do.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

#6 in the region as of now.

The (not being mean) weak schedule is killing them as far as getting a home playoff game this year.

The region is tough, with Tri-Valley looking like a solid #1 and Jackson a solid #2 but I.M.O way behind Valley.

I think Valley and Athens would be a great match up.

Good luck come playoff time.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Good post newarkcatholicfan. Be a shame if the as some say the greatest team in Southeast Ohio wouldn't even host a home playoff game. The team if you listen to some should already be back to back State Champions. You're not being mean the TVC isn't very good as a whole.

96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

Was reading post and saw people talking bout running up score or not in Wellston game? well I watched replay of this game on time warner and with about a minute left till half Athens has ball about midfield . Could have ran ball off tackle or maybe took knee for 1 play Up 49-7 I believe . 4 wide and gun throw pass to score again !! You decide running it up or real classy move ? Enough said

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

athens78 wrote:Good post newarkcatholicfan. Be a shame if the as some say the greatest team in Southeast Ohio wouldn't even host a home playoff game. The team if you listen to some should already be back to back State Champions. You're not being mean the TVC isn't very good as a whole.
No. 7 seed Jackson (10-0) played at No. 2 seed Athens (10-0) just a few years ago in the playoffs.

You tell me which league would have rather been in.

This year, Jackson will be 10-0, and will have played ( and beat) West Jefferson, Bishop Ready, Wheelersburg AND Ironton ... but will still probably finish just 1 or 2 spots ahead of Athens.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

93Bulldog wrote:
athens78 wrote:Good post newarkcatholicfan. Be a shame if the as some say the greatest team in Southeast Ohio wouldn't even host a home playoff game. The team if you listen to some should already be back to back State Champions. You're not being mean the TVC isn't very good as a whole.
No. 7 seed Jackson (10-0) played at No. 2 seed Athens (10-0) just a few years ago in the playoffs.

You tell me which league would have rather been in.

This year, Jackson will be 10-0, and will have played ( and beat) West Jefferson, Bishop Ready, Wheelersburg AND Ironton ... but will still probably finish just 1 or 2 spots ahead of Athens.
And here is to hoping that if it is a one spot differential, then that spot is NOT 4 & 5. How about 3 & 4?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

3 & 4 would be great!

This Thursday: Granville vs Licking Valley on Time Warner is THE GAME!

I know what I'll be doing that night.

;)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

96STROKER wrote:Was reading post and saw people talking bout running up score or not in Wellston game? well I watched replay of this game on time warner and with about a minute left till half Athens has ball about midfield . Could have ran ball off tackle or maybe took knee for 1 play Up 49-7 I believe . 4 wide and gun throw pass to score again !! You decide running it up or real classy move ? Enough said
For three years, Athens has run the exact same offense, the exact same plays when the starters are in whether its a close game, competitive game or blowout or even losing. That's just how they play. They don't even have a package that doesn't consist of Burrow not in the shotgun or 3 or 4 wide. He has never been under center in 3 years. They will run wide open no matter the circumstances until those starters come off the field - that's just what they do - that's how that unit tries and improve week in and week out.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

How many seniors do they have this year?

ny_defense_21
Waterboy

Post by ny_defense_21 »

21 or 22 seniors on the team this year.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Huddle stay in the huddle. You can signal to the team when they are in the huddle.Count down the play clock until the last moment. Coach watches clock signals in when to snap and run the zone play to the running back, Don't pass the football unless it is a 3 step stop route, nothing down field long trying to score. You can do it with any kind of offense. It can be done.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Best team ever in SEO?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
_BlackBeard_
Waterboy

Post by _BlackBeard_ »

mattash wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:57 am Best team ever in SEO?
Would this be Joe Burrows senior year?

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

Who cares they were almost state champs like Trimble move on

#whatmakesyouthinkimfromtrimble

Return to “Football”