2017 Waverly Tigers

OldTiger
JV Team

Re: 2017 Waverly Tigers

Post by OldTiger »

Waverly's scrimmage this week is Friday at 7pm at Portsmouth.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

OldTiger wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:46 am Waverly's scrimmage this week is Friday at 7pm at Portsmouth.
Thanks! It will be interesting to see how the Tiger's defense fares against the speed of Portsmouth. Perhaps a trip to the Ribber is in order to celebrate this event. :D

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I wont be able to make it to P-town Friday, have family coming in from Lexington KY. Somebody give us a full report on how the Tigers look.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

20-12 Portsmouth at the half. Tigers shooting themselves in the foot with penalties on both sides of the ball.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Refs weren't calling ANYTHING last week. Lining up offsides, holding, you name it - they weren't calling it. That helped no one.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Varsity came off the field after one series each in the third qtr. final was 27-18 Ports for varsity contest. Waverly had several big plays called back on penalties including a 65yrd TD run by Kritzy. D is still trying to get their legs. Several offsides penalties as well as missed tackles and some coverage confusion. Not sure the extent of the injury, but Brooker went out early in the contest and didn't come back. That would be a loss on both sides of the ball. Lots of work to do this week.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Losing Brooker will be a big blow defensively.
Better clean up the penalties and sure up the D before next Friday.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Hopefully the injured player is ok! Im sure the tiger coaches will clean up and have them ready for game one. I watche Portsmouth play last week against ironton and was impressed. The Trojans are pretty big and physical with good athletes. High expectations for the Trojans this year! Good luck to both teams this season!

tiger2000
Waterboy

Post by tiger2000 »

Tigers ran the ball well for the most part tonight I thought. Kritzy ran hard and on the TD called back he made a couple nice cuts after the hold and showed some speed. Clayton looked comfortable in the pocket, he did get rushed a few times, but the worst throw I saw was the pick at the end of the half, which was basically a one-on-one matchup.

D jumped offsides a few times. Um didn't tackle well but stripped Parker a couple times had a pick dropped and one held onto. The QB's speed options hurt us. If Portsmouth is as good as advertised, they Tigers will be just fine. Brooker went out in first quarter with a knee injury anything more than that is speculation and I am not a dr ot p-t so we shall wait and see. He was very upset about not being out there. His loss will be felt.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Waverly has a good team ,I thought we played pretty good against them have to cut down on the fumbles obviously, Parker had some good runs and had one TD called back that we did not get back,and Kelly liked good running the offense.
Good luck to both teams, I think both will win their share of games this season.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Sure hated to see Brooker go down..just a huge loss for Waverly. It didn't look good. To get hurt right before the first game...feel bad for the kid.

Several nice passes by Clayton and equally good catches by our receivers. Portsmouth's coverage was actually very good. Sitting on the home side is always interesting listening to the fans. "How did he catch that ball" "That pass had to be perfect" "Waverly is going to be fine with those combinations and they have a good back"

Make no mistake, Kelly was very good also. Quick feet and fast really made it tough on Waverly's defense. A real duel threat. It's going to take a very good team to beat Portsmouth this year. Should be the best defense they've had in a while I would think. Good luck to both teams!
Last edited by toast on Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Portsmouth shows up with a defense teams will be in trouble.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”