Freshman Team

Re: 2017 Portsmouth Trojans

Post by dontreply »

Hear the Trojan's been out recruiting from all over even outta state

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

May be, they will get good enough to play more local county teams.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

dontreply wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:06 am Hear the Trojan's been out recruiting from all over even outta state
Seems like it

But I can tell you with 100% certainty it is happening at the middle school level. I won't mention names, but its easy to figure out. A certain guy coached the middle school basketball team at Shawnee State. He is also associated with the middle school football team. There are certain rules with 8th graders if you aren't familiar. 1 is you aren't allowed more than 10 days of practices or games in the summer. Well they practice way more than that. That's one thing, but to openly ask kids from other schools to come and practice there then play on the team in the games is another. I could go into more detail but it needs to stop.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Recruiting? What could Portsmouth offer to these the kids or parents? I do not defend PHS nor have I ever, but to believe they are out on a recruiting mission is a bit too much.

Oak, if you have the proof, put it out there. I don't see why hiding it helps anyone. It only makes it look like you are just saying you know stuff...

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

So they are recruiting? Lol they brought one of Joe Joe parkers son in and brought Isaac Kelly in from Lewis county who was tired of being beat up every year. Sounds like you're a drama queen to me who likes to start poop. Let the kids play and have fun.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

dontreply wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:06 am Hear the Trojan's been out recruiting from all over even outta state
Lol they need to recruit a new athletic director. Dropping burg from the schedule was a coward move.. I wish all the luck in the world to the kids on portsmouths team, but have zero respect for the staff and administrators. And as far a recruitment for players.. I doubt it man. They are aweful at the jr high level.. and have been less than poor at the high school level the last decade. So recruitment would be nearly impossible. lol Portsmouth has nothing to offer. The kid they got from Lewis county is a good athlete. But was he recruited to prowl? Doubtful. And the other Parker kid.. that's doubtful as well.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

What happened at the high school level, I do not know. The middle school is 100% fact. Ask anyone that went to the SSU middle school basketball league and knows the kids.

Duncan seems like a class act. Never accused them of anything.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

If their is any evidence of recruiting, then report it to the OHSAA and let them investigate.
We will not have it investigated on Preps. So knock off the accusations.
Please and thank you.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

My name is Eric Johnson. I have been a supporter of Portsmouth athletics for many years. In response to some of your retorts, Portsmouth does in fact have quite a bit to offer. I am very proud of our school system, staff and facilities. We have an excellent football staff and team that we are very excited about..
It appears to me that a few prefer it when the Portsmouth program is struggling. As soon as confidence is regained, accusations begin to surface. For those of you that choose to accuse our program under an assumed name from a computer I urge you to come forward. Come forward with your real name and proof of such accusations. If not then continue to support your own team without worrying about how the Portsmouth Trojans are doing.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

What are they enticing these kids with? Free fidget spinners? iPhones? Xbox live cards? Girlfriends? Future prom dates?

Portsmouth needs to have a great season. I'm hoping they do. Tired of hearing about drugs and everything else. This area is so hateful of their own people. It's sickening.

Laser

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Moses Guthrie wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:38 pm My name is Eric Johnson. I have been a supporter of Portsmouth athletics for many years. In response to some of your retorts, Portsmouth does in fact have quite a bit to offer. I am very proud of our school system, staff and facilities. We have an excellent football staff and team that we are very excited about..
It appears to me that a few prefer it when the Portsmouth program is struggling. As soon as confidence is regained, accusations begin to surface. For those of you that choose to accuse our program under an assumed name from a computer I urge you to come forward. Come forward with your real name and proof of such accusations. If not then continue to support your own team without worrying about how the Portsmouth Trojans are doing.
Oh boy, here we go. Portsmouth has exactly what to offer besides a newer school and facilities? Test scores are amongst the lowest in the county if not the lowest, graduation rates are terrible and sports are no where near the levels of other schools around this area.

No one prefers a school to fail. Confidence is not something that can be built up in a year or two. Portsmouth has knocked itself down and they have made schools mad. Back when Clifford was the coach, he made it known that he didn't have time in his big busy schedule to play teams in the area because they were too good to play them. This in my opinion has something to do with the program, it has to.

Portsmouth is like any other school, nothing in my mind screams come to Portsmouth. Burg is the only true school in this area that draws in students due to their success in sports and in classroom.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Let's be honest here folks, if Portsmouth were recruiting it would be for Basketball not Football, that being said this is nonsense. 2 kids transfer in, yet Portsmouth is recruiting lol give me a break. Now back to Football, I was impressed by the Trojans in their scrimmage against Waverly. Parker seems to get better every game. Excited for the season to kickoff on Thursday. Beat Valley!

Who Dey!
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

After reading these comments from a outsider. My first thought was that one school here seems to think they are superior in all aspects to all other schools. No one else has anything to offer except them. That my fellow folks is the general attitude of that particular place but only a few let's it come out but that is the overall feeling of almost entire system there. Everyone else in all southern Ohio and all southern Ohio is second fiddle. So if one school gets a few athletes in, which that school does every year, jealousy factor of kind of like well then why didn't they come to our school were the best. Wow, Athens county has Athens, Ny Trimble.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Can any of you read? It's one person saying that ptown is recruiting. And to those of you getting upset about the "what does Portsmouth have to offer " comment.. please fill us in on what the would have to offer. Portsmouth is almost at the bottom in the county for academics. Can't really bash them for the drug problem because it's everywhere. I'm just saying. If a kid was going to go somewhere for football to be recruited he would go to east! Lol

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Lol. My assumption is correct. Superior responses.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:13 pm Lol. My assumption is correct. Superior responses.
What superior response? I simply stated a fact. Portsmouth academics are sad. And east is on recruitment radars. Your ASSumption is a pathetic cry. Do you feel inferior to other has Beens on this forum?

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

I poster from Portsmouth verified a couple kids had transferred in. All I will say on that is they are getting warmer. There were a couple others that didn't. Laugh if you want, but these are 12/13 year old kids. I know there are a couple posters heavily involved in the Portsmouth basketball program that frequent these boards. I would hope some questions would be asked and the guy told to stop because going straight to the OHSAA just penalizes the kids.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Let me say it's unusal stating a school system is a bad as you people are making portsmouth out to be. I think it shows the pettiness and we are better attitude if you ask me.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Keep the topic to football or I will lock the thread.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Test scores are online

Return to “Football”