2017 Coal Grove Hornets

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2017 Coal Grove Hornets

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wayne is quality football no doubt. I remember them spankin my fighting tigers like a rented mule some years back.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

glad to hear things are getting back to normal. I was getting worried they may not field a team. I know nothing of the politics there. just wanna see all the ovc teams getting er done.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Good luck Coach Ferguson! Keep this program rolling.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Good luck to the Hornets in 2017 and beyond.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Very tuff job for a young coach to have good luck!

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

I knew he was younger, but didn't think he was that young. He was a hell of a QB. Best of luck to him (upuntil week 10)!

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
djhornet89
Waterboy

Post by djhornet89 »

Lets remember to say Thanks to and show appreciation for the coaches before Coach Ferguson as they have put in many hours dedicated to CG Football.
After saying that I hope everyone involved from the players, past coaches and assistant coaches and everyone in this small but proud community rally behind their new coach and the players, cheerleaders, and the CG Band of Pride. High School is a great time in the life of these young men and women and it is important to set a good example of support for their new coach.
I don't know Coach Ferguson personally but I did see the effort he gave as a football player, track, and basketball player and it left an impression on me. He gave great effort, seemed to be very respectful and polite to those around him including the adults and also was an excellent student. I am sure if he brings those attributes with him in his new role CG Football and those young men he will be guiding will be just fine.
Good luck Coach Ferguson and GO GROVE!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I agree with ya djhornets89, now is the time for our community to come together and cheer on all of our kids and be behind our coach. Time to end the division of who is on whom side and just come together as one Grove.

SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

Who's going to be assisting Coach Ferguson?

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Hear the numbers are going to be low this coming season.

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

Heard there was close to 50 for the coach's first meeting last week. Of course, not all of them may stick.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

I hope the BOE doesn't go ballistic if Coach Ferguson's first season isn't successful. Seen that far too often. It takes some TIME for kids, especially high-schoolers, to learn a new coach's system. With a veteran coach, the older kids can help mentor the younger ones, but with a new coach, it's back to Square One in learning the plays, terminologies, etc. for the whole team.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Congrats to the Grove!

Huntington High 7 on 7 tourney champs!

buckeye23
Waterboy

Post by buckeye23 »

Around 40 kids out consistently for weight lifting. The players are working hard and seem to like Coach Ferguson. They will be loaded with skill kids, but not sure how the line will be. I believe they're returning only 2 starters on the offensive line. Good luck to The Grove this year! Should be a very competitive OVC once again! :D

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

Congrats to the Hornets on winning the KCU 7 on 7 tournament today!

Dirtsflying83
Waterboy

Post by Dirtsflying83 »

Good luck Hornets!

tkd325
Waterboy

Post by tkd325 »

buckeye23 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:46 pm Around 40 kids out consistently for weight lifting. The players are working hard and seem to like Coach Ferguson. They will be loaded with skill kids, but not sure how the line will be. I believe they're returning only 2 starters on the offensive line. Good luck to The Grove this year! Should be a very competitive OVC once again! :D
Love my Grovers, but you are right about the O line. Coach has done well with the kids, working them hard and has definitely earned their respect. I know it's a huge change for all, but he really needs to redo his whole offensive line. I don't care about age, but when you have 2 Freshman starting when there are much better players it's just odd. I'm not sure what he's thinking there. On the bright side, our defense looks great! Hopefully that will help keep us competitive!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I was impressed with the hornets defense in the previews.

Return to “Football”