Future of Southeastern Ohio football

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Future of Southeastern Ohio football

Post by OVCFan2 »

After last night's heartbreaker, I started to ponder the future of southeastern Ohio football. What Athens did for this region I believe will never be matched, but are there teams in southeastern ohio's future that could make a run like what we saw this season? I know there will never be a team like Athens again, but are there teams that can make a push for a title next year or in the future? What a great game, and great season for the Bulldogs! It was one heck of a ride! #southeasternohiofootball

ucantcme
Freshman Team

Re: Future of Southeastern Ohio football

Post by ucantcme »

I know Trimble made two incredible runs too, I dont think we will see and offense quite like athens ever again. Has anyone from SEO ever gone there and won it? We got two runners up from the TVC it would have been nice to say, Hey we had a team from our area win it all!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

relax hoss it'll happen again.

what's sad is we get these teams several times in a lifetime

these private schools fabricate em every year.ponder that.

14 schools in the state games 7 catholic--------7 public
it's like that every year.

catholic schools make up like 8% of the ohio high schools , but are responsible for 48% of all state titles won.

people can spin it any way they want. that's why it's so heart breaking to see a team like trimble or Athens get that far and fall.---------Athens has 40 some kids, TCC had 100. and yet people don't know why some want separate championships.

i'll leave it at that brother, gonna be another long winter.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ironton was in that mix for decades----------but things have changed.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

Ny won it all in 81.. Div 4 state champs. Athens was even using their theme song this year from 81 "Dont stop Believin" Tvc has done well and will continue to make runs here and there. This was a tough loss but the TVC will be ok and Athens will be ok.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Maybe after several consolidations

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg won it in 89. I would say in 3 year's Burg will make a huge push for the State finals. That class looks pretty solid and could have quite a few 3 year starters.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Burg won it in 89. I would say in 3 year's Burg will make a huge push for the State finals. That class looks pretty solid and could have quite a few 3 year starters.
Is that the current freshmen ?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

ucantcme wrote:I know Trimble made two incredible runs too, I dont think we will see and offense quite like athens ever again. Has anyone from SEO ever gone there and won it? We got two runners up from the TVC it would have been nice to say, Hey we had a team from our area win it all!

Nelson/York
Wheelersburg
ironton 2

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

ucantcme wrote:I know Trimble made two incredible runs too, I dont think we will see and offense quite like athens ever again. Has anyone from SEO ever gone there and won it? We got two runners up from the TVC it would have been nice to say, Hey we had a team from our area win it all!

Nelson/York
Wheelersburg
ironton 2

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Viking96 wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:Burg won it in 89. I would say in 3 year's Burg will make a huge push for the State finals. That class looks pretty solid and could have quite a few 3 year starters.
Yes. They have some really good size and a few good skill players. The Junior High squad that will play with them are stout as well.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
Viking96 wrote:
Yes. They have some really good size and a few good skill players. The Junior High squad that will play with them are stout as well.
Awesome ! Good luck

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

Ultron wrote:After last night's heartbreaker, I started to ponder the future of southeastern Ohio football. What Athens did for this region I believe will never be matched, but are there teams in southeastern ohio's future that could make a run like what we saw this season? I know there will never be a team like Athens again, but are there teams that can make a push for a title next year or in the future? What a great game, and great season for the Bulldogs! It was one heck of a ride! #southeasternohiofootball

As much as I hate to say it, Athens was at a disadvantage competing in DIII, the way the current breakdown is, Athens who in my opinion (swallow hard) is the best team ever from SE Ohio, competes in a division with large city Catholics and intercity schools. By far the toughest draw for a SE team to come out of. (Logan has an equally tough task), today the smaller quality programs have a more balanced opportunity year in and out DV and DVI seem to be the best chances for the public non city schools.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

TheBarlowBandit wrote:
Ultron wrote:After last night's heartbreaker, I started to ponder the future of southeastern Ohio football. What Athens did for this region I believe will never be matched, but are there teams in southeastern ohio's future that could make a run like what we saw this season? I know there will never be a team like Athens again, but are there teams that can make a push for a title next year or in the future? What a great game, and great season for the Bulldogs! It was one heck of a ride! #southeasternohiofootball

As much as I hate to say it, Athens was at a disadvantage competing in DIII, the way the current breakdown is, Athens who in my opinion (swallow hard) is the best team ever from SE Ohio, competes in a division with large city Catholics and intercity schools. By far the toughest draw for a SE team to come out of. (Logan has an equally tough task), today the smaller quality programs have a more balanced opportunity year in and out DV and DVI seem to be the best chances for the public non city schools.
Lol. Guess you haven't heard of Marion stein local. They are 7 projected to win 3 thru 7. They are "public". Lol. Seo doesn't have the means to recruit like the schools can up north. Public or private. Look at the catholic schools below columbus. They are actually catholic schools not sports machines.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Ahem......The TVC has fared even better than that. Trimble runner up.....Athens runnerup.....Nelsonville state champs.....Wahama a runnerup and a state title in wv.....

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Football will always be around. Talent and great coaching happens in cycles. I'm sure a team or 3 will pull of another run or 2 in the near future.

At the end of the day, you gotta enjoy the ups and weather the downs.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

Athens was a offensive machine like no other ever in the state Burrows was awesome and his recievers are absolutely great. They were not the fastest guys but they ran great routes and caught the ball with soft hands and used their size to their advantage. They competed right to the end but still couldn't win they were the best team SEO will produce and they barely got by just another year team from SVSM and lost to TCC. Privates schools with good programs are drawing kid with the pressure of scholarships and getting exposure will all but make it impossible rural publics to compete. When will the majority (Public schools) who make up 80+ percent of OHSAA step up and say seperate us. I just don't understand why most public schools stand for this when they may have a group of athletes that can make a run every 30 years get beat by all star team from a private school thats there every year or every other year. Tell the principal to vote them out and if he won't tell the board and if they won't vote them out.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

Athens was a offensive machine like no other ever in the state Burrows was awesome and his recievers are absolutely great. They were not the fastest guys but they ran great routes and caught the ball with soft hands and used their size to their advantage. They competed right to the end but still couldn't win they were the best team SEO will produce and they barely got by just another year team from SVSM and lost to TCC. Privates schools with good programs are drawing kid with the pressure of scholarships and getting exposure will all but make it impossible rural publics to compete. When will the majority (Public schools) who make up 80+ percent of OHSAA step up and say seperate us. I just don't understand why most public schools stand for this when they may have a group of athletes that can make a run every 30 years get beat by all star team from a private school thats there every year or every other year. Tell the principal to vote them out and if he won't tell the board and if they won't vote them out.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Also don't forget about Crooksville winning a state title in 1977.

Return to “Football”