SEOP

Jackson officially applies to the TVC

Post by Poo Bear »

Will the 3rd time be the charm ?

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Jackson officially applies to the TVC

Post by Dundas »

12 votes needed...who votes what? One things for sure, Jackson needs a strong, strong pitch to have a shot.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Athens may be the only team in the Ohio division to vote yes and I doubt if they even do. Just don't see it happening.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I want them in

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

http://www.timesjournal.com

Just thought I would post the link since the lead sentence matches the first post in this thread. ;-)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!" - Ghostbusters :mrgreen: :!:

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

Jackson scrimmages NY plays Wellston and usually Athens and I heard Meigs may be on schedule. Jackson brings be g crowds to all away games including Jr. high and we have great facilities. Jackson strengths are football, baseball everything else they run in middle of the pack or the bottom.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

This is not unexpected.

Football is the driver in this but should not be the sole factor.

I hope the TVC gives Jackson the chance to at least make a presentation at a league meeting in the near future. Jackson will need to have their ducks in a row when they do.

It is time for the TVC to split into at least 3 divisions, possibly 4, to make this work. The larger schools should study this and then recommend to the smaller schools to vote either yes or no. The vote should be yes as the smaller schools will never be required to play Jackson in any sport unless they choose to.

Other conferences across Ohio have 3 or 4 divisions and their schools do well in both getting into post season play (i.e. football) and advancing into the tourneys. The MSL which has 3 divisions put 9 of its 22 schools into the football playoffs this year.

This can work for the common good of every team in the TVC.

Once Jackson is approved, I would strongly suggest that the TVC then approach Warren and possibly Marietta for future membership.

Possible division lineups have been cussed and discussed on here. The goal of 4 divisions would be ideal if Warren and Marietta would also join.

The small schools would have nothing to fear as they WOULD NOT be required to play the larger schools unless they so desired.

Also, crossover games against schools would not count in the conference standings IF a school would desire crossover games.

Time to put the big boy pants on TVC schools and expand your league with some larger schools instead of just adding small schools. Athens just gave Toledo Central Catholic everything they wanted in football for the state title. Trimble has a state runner-up and another final 4 visit in football. Wahama won a state football title. Nelsonville has a state title. Other schools in other sports have competed very well in state tourneys, both boys and girls. Not saying this will happen every year but the future is what you want it to be and opportunity is knocking at your door. A deep run into the state tourneys in any sport, boys or girls, is a great thing for both the school and the community.

Just my thoughts.
Last edited by mister b on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

They will never let Big Blue Nation in this Ricky-dink league.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

HSFBFAN wrote:Athens may be the only team in the Ohio division to vote yes and I doubt if they even do. Just don't see it happening.
Last time I believe it was Athens, Southern and NY voting yes. The rest NO

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

They won't get in.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

Yes let Jackson in

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

TheBarlowBandit wrote:They will never let Big Blue Nation in this Ricky-dink league.
Maybe because of this thinking..Warren is in no position
To spew negative comments to a league they couldn't win
In the first place

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Mister B wrote:This is not unexpected.

Football is the driver in this but should not be the sole factor.

I hope the TVC gives Jackson the chance to at least make a presentation at a league meeting in the near future. Jackson will need to have their ducks in a row when they do.

It is time for the TVC to split into at least 3 divisions, possibly 4, to make this work. The larger schools should study this and then recommend to the smaller schools to vote either yes or no. The vote should be yes as the smaller schools will never be required to play Jackson in any sport unless they choose to.

Other conferences across Ohio have 3 or 4 divisions and their schools do well in both getting into post season play (i.e. football) and advancing into the tourneys. The MSL which has 4 divisions put 9 of its 22 schools into the football playoffs this year.

This can work for the common good of every team in the TVC.

Once Jackson is approved, I would strongly suggest that the TVC then approach Warren and possibly Marietta for future membership.

Possible division lineups have been cussed and discussed on here. The goal of 4 divisions would be ideal if Warren and Marietta would also join.

The small schools would have nothing to fear as they WOULD NOT be required to play the larger schools unless they so desired.

Also, crossover games against schools would not count in the conference standings IF a school would desire crossover games.

Time to put the big boy pants on TVC schools and expand your league with some larger schools instead of just adding small schools. Athens just gave Toledo Central Catholic everything they wanted in football for the state title. Trimble has a state runner-up and another final 4 visit in football. Wahama won a state football title. Nelsonville has a state title. Other schools in other sports have competed very well in state tourneys, both boys and girls. Not saying this will happen every year but the future is what you want it to be and opportunity is knocking at your door. A deep run into the state tourneys in any sport, boys or girls, is a great thing for both the school and the community.

Just my thoughts.
Once again....for those of you who dont understand playoff points.....the TVC needs to maintain high numbers in it's divisions. This gaurantees large numbers of secondlevel points in the push for football playoffs. Going to 3 or 4 divisions and having only 5 schools in each will actually hurt us in playoff appearances. Take a look at the standings. The Hocking has just missed having 4 teams qualify for the postseason in each of the last 3 years....maybe farther back. Why give that up?

Unless you can find enough members to go three divisions of 7-8 teams we need to leave it alone. Otherwise, I hope Wahama votes NO.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I'd love to see them get in but the lower teams won't vote for it

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

TVC Titletown...

I understand the points calculation for football.

The Mid State League has 3 divisions with 8,6 and 8 members each. 9 of their 22 members made the playoffs in football this year. 9 of 22 is 41%.

The TVC has 2 divisions with 16 members. 5 of the 16 members made the playoffs in football this year. 5 of 16 is 31%. Don't we want a greater percentage of our members in the playoffs? I do. Adding some larger schools and changing the divisions is the first step.

I ask, which conference is doing better job for the greater number of their members?

Yes, football will dominate the conversation on this when the schools next meet in Athens, but it shouldn't. All sports, boys and girls should be considered.

Schools that want to play crossover games can, up or down. But, not everyone can be a winner on the field or court in every sport. In football, you have to win to get in. Not in the other sports. A very average or less than average team in the other sports or even a good team with a .500 record can get hot at the right time and advance deep into the state tourneys. Belpre boys basketball had a 8-12 record 1997 and made it to the Final Four before losing. They didn't just play TVC schools that year.

Adding larger schools does nothing to hurt any current TVC Hocking members chances towards the football playoffs yet every member except 1 voted against adding the SEOAL schools on the last vote.

The TVC has a past track record of adding small schools. The time is now to start adding larger schools. They are out there and they want in. Time to advance our brand.

Add Jackson. Ask Warren and Marietta. Target another school or 2.
Last edited by mister b on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

I would like to see the to divisions to be completely seperated.Why should eastern , southern , Trimble and Waterford even get to vote on Jackson joining the league? I doesn't affect them at all!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

nybucks70-80 wrote:I would like to see the to divisions to be completely seperated.Why should eastern , southern , Trimble and Waterford even get to vote on Jackson joining the league? I doesn't affect them at all!
It would if the result of the TVC adding Jackson, created 3 divisions.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Improve your league, add Jackson !!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

One slight advantage to adding for most of the small TVC schools....Jackson often hosts volleyball and girls basketball. The more you play somewhere the more comfortable you are.

Football and baseball are strong for several years coming. Soccer, girls basketball and softball have good programs and have been strong...but nothing the TVC hasn't competed with and more than held their own the past few years.

If done correctly it could be financially beneficial.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Green Beagle wrote:
HSFBFAN wrote:Athens may be the only team in the Ohio division to vote yes and I doubt if they even do. Just don't see it happening.
Last time I believe it was Athens, Southern and NY voting yes. The rest NO
That is correct. I was in contact with a handful of AD's throughout the process. They all echoed that statement afterward.

Return to “Football”