Newly Formed League to invite Jackson, Logan, and Warren

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Newly Formed League to invite Jackson, Logan, and Warren

Post by jiveturkey »

Formerly this league was going to play as the SOLO with Logan as its only member. Now with the SEOAL dissolving before our eyes. maybe we should revisit. Here is my proposal:

Jackson
Logan
Warren
Marietta
Hannan
Southern

each school has a formal invite to join. Your administrators are invited to attend a luncheon at McDonalds on State Street in Athens April 1, 2015 to discuss membership.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Re: Newly Formed League to invite Jackson, Logan, and Warren

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

I hope the first three you listed do join so the begging to join the TVC will stop. The groveling is getting a little embarrassing. :lol:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ground Buck wrote:I hope the first three you listed do join so the begging to join the TVC will stop. The groveling is getting a little embarrassing. :lol:
Applying to join a conference after your conference has folded isnt begging. You always take jabs at jackson , Logan , and warren even though all three would easily handle the Buckeyes .

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ground Buck wrote:I hope the first three you listed do join so the begging to join the TVC will stop. The groveling is getting a little embarrassing. :lol:
Newsflash: Apparently the definition of "begging" or "groveling" has changed.

When Jackson's Superintendent, Administration, BOE, etc. are determined to find the best solution for 300 boys 9th-11th grade and 300 girls 9th-11th grade which allow them schedule and compete in extracurricular activities and/or sports in an environment that promotes those kids and their community I call that excellent representation and acting in a fiduciary capacity for those student/athletes.

Obviously our Superintendent and Administration want a consistent, well organized league to be a part of to carry out the interest of those 14-18 year old boys and girls...the newsflash is they are trying and determined to do just that...just as Logan and Warren are I am sure.

It's not begging and groveling, it is called representing your students.

After 90 some years of being a part of something we are now forced to look at other alternatives.

Glad you are getting a chuckle at the expense of 600 boys and girls. Keep up the good work.

Boss429
Waterboy

Post by Boss429 »

What you call "representation" doubleplay643 really does sound like "begging". Jackson is NOT going to get admitted to the TVC. Maybe the 4th or 5th time of getting turned down will let Jackson know that they have made fun of the TVC in the past, and now that elite attitude has gotten them in a bind now. Jackson's best interests are not what is best for 7 other schools and 2930 students and athletes that represent those schools. I have to give it to you jiveturkey, that is some funny stuff there.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

I guess we disagree then on the definition of begging Boss429.

Good Luck with your search for a new head football coach at Wellston...assume it will be Phillips.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

[quote="Boss429"]What you call "representation" doubleplay643 really does sound like "begging". Jackson is NOT going to get admitted to the TVC. Maybe the 4th or 5th time of getting turned down will let Jackson know that they have made fun of the TVC in the past, and now that elite attitude has gotten them in a bind now. Jackson's best interests are not what is best for 7 other schools and 2930 students and athletes that represent those schools. I have to give it to you jiveturkey, that is some funny stuff there.[/quote

Dont give us that it's whats best for our students when your system is all but forcing athletes to stay when they want to leave. Good luck with your new coach that will fix things.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Newsflash: Apparently the definition of "begging" or "groveling" has changed.

When Jackson's Superintendent, Administration, BOE, etc. are determined to find the best solution for 300 boys 9th-11th grade and 300 girls 9th-11th grade which allow them schedule and compete in extracurricular activities and/or sports in an environment that promotes those kids and their community I call that excellent representation and acting in a fiduciary capacity for those student/athletes.

Obviously our Superintendent and Administration want a consistent, well organized league to be a part of to carry out the interest of those 14-18 year old boys and girls...the newsflash is they are trying and determined to do just that...just as Logan and Warren are I am sure.

It's not begging and groveling, it is called representing your students.

After 90 some years of being a part of something we are now forced to look at other alternatives.

Glad you are getting a chuckle at the expense of 600 boys and girls. Keep up the good work.
Not getting a chuckle at you people wanting us to ruin our league so your 600 boys and girls will have a league to play in. You folks ran your league into the ground, so what part of that should we want for out league? BTW when you've asked and are told no 3 times, and yet ask for a 4th time, I call that begging. That's what I am getting a chuckle about. :lol:

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Viking96 wrote:
Applying to join a conference after your conference has folded isnt begging. You always take jabs at jackson , Logan , and warren even though all three would easily handle the Buckeyes .
So are you saying they are looking for a league that they "can easily handle" the other league members? What happened to competition you folks keep crowing about? :lol: You make fun of Athens saying they used the "cut and run" move. Now you want to "cut and run" to the same place Athens is. What a joke. :lol:

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ground Buck wrote: Not getting a chuckle at you people wanting us to ruin our league so your 600 boys and girls will have a league to play in. You folks ran your league into the ground, so what part of that should we want for out league? BTW when you've asked and are told no 3 times, and yet ask for a 4th time, I call that begging. That's what I am getting a chuckle about. :lol:
Exactly how would adding another SE Ohio team (or teams) already within the geographic area of the TVC ruin the TVC given the breakdowns or divisions that many on other threads have already suggested?

Exactly how did Jackson, Logan or Warren ruin the SEOAL. Expansion didn't ruin the SEOAL. Expansion with 2-3 hour drives from Portsmouth to Marietta, Jackson to Zanesville etc. ruined the SEOAL, and I think everyone knows that. Jackson was a committed member all the way till the end, sort of like the Captain making sure everyone was off the ship first before leaving. Kind of gives you the idea we would be a pretty good member of any league if you ask me.

Call it begging I don't really care, the fact is the administrators of Warren/Jackson/Logan represent their kids and their communities, and are doing what it takes to find a solution, but you go ahead and keep it classy and keep chuckling.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Warren Boys and Girls OHSAA enrollment 279 - 263
Logan Boys and Girls OHSAA enrollment 478 - 461
Jackson Boys and Girls OHSAA enrollment 306 - 297

Total 1,063 boys & 1,021 girls = 2,084 kids 9th-11th.

Each school is what within 30-45 minutes from Athens if you consider them the center of the TVC.

Keep chuckling...it must be funny to a few adults but not for 2,000 kids.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The TVC only brings in small schools [RV] knowing they have a better chance to beat them.
They learned a lesson after bring in Athens
No school bigger than Athens or near their size will get into the TVC unless they have plan for the future to go 3 divisions
It is not the W & L ..........it is.............. size matters

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

noreply66 wrote:The TVC only brings in small schools [RV] knowing they have a better chance to beat them.
They learned a lesson after bring in Athens
No school bigger than Athens or near their size will get into the TVC unless they have plan for the future to go 3 divisions
It is not the W & L ..........it is.............. size matters

Completely agree. Its all about who is an easy win. Such the case was Athens back in 08..but that has backfired. I'd be surprised if the TVC decides to stay put, that they don't do something to try and force Athens out if they continue their pace in every sport. Its sad really. The TVC for years was looked down upon and now they are showing that its true. We as a conference are afraid.

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

Some of the TVC posters have completely turned my thinking around about Logan joining the TVC. I thought it was a good idea, but now I hope Logan stays far away from the "The very cool" league. MSL or independent IMO regarding Logan. I would hate to hear the whining of some of these posters once the OLD SEOAL members dominate their superior league. Only thing that matters is that Logan Vs Jackson continues to happen. If Jackson joins the TVC, Jackson wins 9 out of 10 league titles during their first decade, and thats pushing it. I don't see a member of that league even keeping it within two TD's of Jackson. Jackson and Logan just simply out grew their sandbox, because the cool kids will never allow us to play ball on their court. TVC as a conference is afraid of competition. I can tell ya one thing, the MAC conference doesn't win all their state championships by running away from greatness, they embrace it. The perception of SEO is what it is, and the TVC helps solidify that perception. TVC MEMBERS LEFT THE SEOAL FOR A REASON!! The three remaining teams joined, the bottom five would leave and start their own conference. Probably call it the Appalachian Valley Conference .

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I agree ultron. The TVC has a chance to stand up and be better as a whole. The years of being little brother can be erased with taking in the SEOAL and ultimately standing on the top of the mountain in seo alone.. but instead they will stay on par with the perception that they have been under the last few decades. It makes me mad and sad at the same time. MY conference has a chance to stand up and say we're not afraid,we're ready to take the next step and be the premier conference in southern Ohio...yet we won't. We'll hide and find ways to not even vote on teams we don't want even though our bylaws require us to do so. The TVC is about to lose respect from their own fans, not just outsiders.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Implying that Jackson is some kind of football power,especially after watching Athens from the TVC and how they played and what they accomplished,is kind of ridiculous dont you think?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ultron wrote:Some of the TVC posters have completely turned my thinking around about Logan joining the TVC. I thought it was a good idea, but now I hope Logan stays far away from the "The very cool" league. MSL or independent IMO regarding Logan. I would hate to hear the whining of some of these posters once the OLD SEOAL members dominate their superior league. Only thing that matters is that Logan Vs Jackson continues to happen. If Jackson joins the TVC, Jackson wins 9 out of 10 league titles during their first decade, and thats pushing it. I don't see a member of that league even keeping it within two TD's of Jackson. Jackson and Logan just simply out grew their sandbox, because the cool kids will never allow us to play ball on their court. TVC as a conference is afraid of competition. I can tell ya one thing, the MAC conference doesn't win all their state championships by running away from greatness, they embrace it. The perception of SEO is what it is, and the TVC helps solidify that perception. TVC MEMBERS LEFT THE SEOAL FOR A REASON!! The three remaining teams joined, the bottom five would leave and start their own conference. Probably call it the Appalachian Valley Conference .
I am not ready to go quite this far yet Ultron.

Athens supported us last time we applied as I understand, and I think they would this time as well.

Hopefully, through some lobbying and explanation of the benefits which I think there are quite a few it could happen.

Your point about the MAC Conference is a very good one.

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

The General wrote:Implying that Jackson is some kind of football power,especially after watching Athens from the TVC and how they played and what they accomplished,is kind of ridiculous dont you think?
No I do not think its completely ridiculous. What Athens did during this 3 year run will not be matched in this region for at least thirty years, maybe longer. Maybe it would happen more often if the region played better competition, and challenge the region as a whole to be better than it currently is right now. substitute Athens out of this equation at the moment, because they are the outlier. Teams in SEO consistently play sub par schedules hoping for wins, and then when they get to the playoffs get beat by teams that have, better leagues, better competition, and strive for excellence. They do not try to keep the status quo, they push the envelop. Some people in SEO seem to think this is still the 80's and 90's, it is time to evolve or get devoured. Excellence is not an accident, its a habit. The region needs to demand excellence so it will become a habit. Jackson is a consistent program that has it down years, but always bounces back strong! Athens could not bounce back until they joined the TVC. Athens will probably support Jackson and Warren, but the Catfishes of the TVC pond will never allow a fish like Jackson into their environment, and their childish grudge against Warren is pathetic. I won't even bring up the L word, because we already know how the cool kids feel about Logan. Kudos for Nelsonville, and Athens for challenging your program to be better than average.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

TVC back to Earth 2015!

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

What is most funny about this thread is that only the ones on the outside of the TVC looking in are saying anyone is afraid of adding the SEOAL teams. What a great way to get someone to let you join their group! Call them cowards. Yea that usually works. :lol: I love also how anyone who says they don't want the TVC to add teams is cheating what 600, 800 I think it is up to a few thousand now, kids from those SEOAL schools. That is a laugher. You people could not keep a league together. Why would any other league want to bring the lot of you in? You folks are making fun of the very league you are begging to join. So why don't you find a league that you respect to join? :lol:

Return to “Football”