THE NEW LOOK OF THE OVC, PART 2.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: THE NEW LOOK OF THE OVC, PART 2.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

UNLESS ANYTHING CHANGES FROM A SATUDAY GAME. THE 3 PLAYOFF GAMES LOOK LIKE THIS.
IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG
ROCK HILL @ALBANY ALEXANDER
CHESAPEAKE @ COLUMBUS GRANDVIEW HEIGHTS.1 10-0 1696 Wheelersburg Wheelersburg 26.5192 46.0 217.0 99 clinched #1 seed 26.5192 26.5192 26.5192 26.5192 99
2 10-0 1752 Chillicothe Zane Trace 23.3500 45.0 188.5 100 clinched home game 23.3500 23.3500 23.3500 23.3500 100
3 9-1 108 Albany Alexander 22.6000 40.0 186.0 100 clinched home game 22.6000 22.6000 22.6000 22.6000 100
4 9-1 1300 West Lafayette Ridgewood 16.9000 36.0 133.0 100 clinched home game 17.3500 16.9000 17.3500 16.9000 100
5 8-2 294 Cadiz Harrison Central 14.7278 38.0 106.0 97 clinched playoff spot 15.1918 15.1402 15.1918 15.1402 97
6 6-3 1318 Ironton Rock Hill 14.5556 26.5 104.5 90 clinched playoff spot 14.5556 14.5556 14.5556 14.5556 90
7 7-3 816 Bidwell River Valley 13.6030 33.0 102.0 99 clinched playoff spot 13.9566 13.6030 13.9566 13.6030 99
8 6-4 760 Ironton Ironton 13.2566 26.0 105.5 99 clinched playoff spot 13.2566 13.2566

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WHEELERSBURG 10-0
CHILLICOTHE ZANE TRACE 10-0
ALBANY ALEXANDER 9-1
WEST LAYFAYETTE 9-1
CADIZ HARRISON CENTRAL 8-2
IRONTON ROCK HILL 8-2
BIDWELL RIVER VALLEY 7-3
IRONTON 6-4

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS IN THEIR 1ST YEAR IN THE OVC, FOR WINNING THE OVC CHAMPIONSHIP OUTRIGHT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

LET'S HAVE SOME PREDICTIONS ON THE 3 PLAYOFF GAMES HERE.
WHO YOU GOT.
I'M HOPING ALL 3 OVC TEAMS WIN.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

STOP EVERYTHING HOLD THE PRESSES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OLE BAIT DONE MADE A MISTAKE.
CHESAPEAKE IS PLAYING LUCASVILLE VALLEY. A SATURDAY GAME MUST HAVE CHANGED THE SEATINGS.
SO A WHOLE LOTTA LOCAL FELLERS PLAYING THIS WEEKEND.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

RH , Ironton, peake all our underdog in there games, I would say don't underestimate the determination of the underdog.

You can't handle the truth
gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

gametime wrote:RH , Ironton, peake all our underdogs in there games, I would say don't underestimate the determination of the underdog.

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

I think all 3 have a chance to win. I look for an OVC sweep first weekend.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Hilljack I sure hope ur right. That would be sweeter than ice cream.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WITH CHOCOLATE SYRUP ON TOP AND WHIPPED CREAM AND A CHERRY ON TOP WITH SPRINKLES.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

The OVC does not prepare you for playoff football. Teams may get lucky and get a bad first round opponent, but 2nd round on is trouble.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Westfan wrote:The OVC does not prepare you for playoff football. Teams may get lucky and get a bad first round opponent, but 2nd round on is trouble.
3 teams in playoffs for the ovc and I don't see nobody playing playoff teams every week

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Harbin Points is just a calculation.
Ironton was 0-4 outside the conference. Rock Hill won 2 games outside the conference versus Northwest and Oak Hill. NW and OH win a bunch of games playing in the SOC I against schools that barely have enough boys to field a team. Those second level points got Rock Hill and ultimately Ironton in.

Chesapeake is the only OVC school actually deserving of a playoff spot.

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

Westfan wrote:Harbin Points is just a calculation.
Ironton was 0-4 outside the conference. Rock Hill won 2 games outside the conference versus Northwest and Oak Hill. NW and OH win a bunch of games playing in the SOC I against schools that barely have enough boys to field a team. Those second level points got Rock Hill and ultimately Ironton in.

Yet Chesapeake's losses are to Rock Hill and Ironton. That made a lot of sense.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

hilljack wrote: Yet Chesapeake's losses are to Rock Hill and Ironton. That made a lot of sense.
Well I was kinda factoring in that Chesapeake is D6 and they did beat a 9-1 Albany Alexander. But looking at their schedule your probably right.

Basically when you have 6 conference games someone has to make it. It's just math.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Westfan wrote:Harbin Points is just a calculation.

wow, sorry bout your siders west. maybe next year they'll have a stronger team.i don't understand comments like this. it is what it is. speaking for the teams playing in the playoffs. it had nothing to do with their league affiliation. it has everything to do with who you beat, and who they beat. this is a computer. it could care less if you are ovc, soc, mac or seoal.they generate points by the teams they beat. if a team has the points needed to be placed 1 through 8. then they enter the playoffs in their region. everybody has the same chance as the next team. so Chesapeake and rock hill are no more deserving than ironton. they did what was needed. just like burg is no more deserving than valley. they did what was needed of them to make the playoffs.and frankly with adding the 7th division, it further watered the playoffs down. so that makes it even worse if your team does not make the playoffs. if Chesapeake is more deserving then they'll be the only team that wins. kinda sounds like spilt milk to me, but that's none of my business. and don't forget that the fighting tigers won 6 in a row, and of those 6 two are playoff teams. ironton is there because they deserve to be. now we'll just have to see what happens. sounds like west needs some changes there to me.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

whether ironton wins or loses ==== either way it will be on the field so everybody can see it. but I'd rather see my team make it. than not be going and saying how somebody else local that made it didn't deserve it. when in fact true high school football fans will support anybody local unless they are playing their team.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: wow, sorry bout your siders west. maybe next year they'll have a stronger team.i don't understand comments like this. it is what it is. speaking for the teams playing in the playoffs. it had nothing to do with their league affiliation. it has everything to do with who you beat, and who they beat. this is a computer. it could care less if you are ovc, soc, mac or seoal.they generate points by the teams they beat. if a team has the points needed to be placed 1 through 8. then they enter the playoffs in their region. everybody has the same chance as the next team. so Chesapeake and rock hill are no more deserving than ironton. they did what was needed. just like burg is no more deserving than valley. they did what was needed of them to make the playoffs.and frankly with adding the 7th division, it further watered the playoffs down. so that makes it even worse if your team does not make the playoffs. if Chesapeake is more deserving then they'll be the only team that wins. kinda sounds like spilt milk to me, but that's none of my business. and don't forget that the fighting tigers won 6 in a row, and of those 6 two are playoff teams. ironton is there because they deserve to be. now we'll just have to see what happens. sounds like west needs some changes there to me.
West has nothing to do with this or my thoughts on it. If West would've had these creative schedules and gotten in the playoffs, they wouldn't have deserved it.

Harbin Points is a system and it's the only system we have. But in no way is it an exact representation of who you beat.

If you want to use West in an example. West only won 4 games. But West beat Minford who beat Northwest 52-0. Northwest won 7 games because they play in the SOC I against small schools. Minford also beat Oak Hill by 2 touchdowns. Oak Hill also plays in the SOC I against the same small schools as Northwest and won 6 games. Rock Hill barely beat Northwest and Oak Hill. Those two wins and the win over Chesapeake, is the reason Rock Hill made the playoffs. Rock Hills inflated record is why Ironton made the playoffs over Coshocton. Do you call that a representation of schedule strength?

1champion00
Waterboy

Post by 1champion00 »

Westfan is brainwashed to believe he knows what he thinks he knows.
I am glad the OVC is represented. Most will be one and done but it is great for Rock Hill's program.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Westfan wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: wow, sorry bout your siders west. maybe next year they'll have a stronger team.i don't understand comments like this. it is what it is. speaking for the teams playing in the playoffs. it had nothing to do with their league affiliation. it has everything to do with who you beat, and who they beat. this is a computer. it could care less if you are ovc, soc, mac or seoal.they generate points by the teams they beat. if a team has the points needed to be placed 1 through 8. then they enter the playoffs in their region. everybody has the same chance as the next team. so Chesapeake and rock hill are no more deserving than ironton. they did what was needed. just like burg is no more deserving than valley. they did what was needed of them to make the playoffs.and frankly with adding the 7th division, it further watered the playoffs down. so that makes it even worse if your team does not make the playoffs. if Chesapeake is more deserving then they'll be the only team that wins. kinda sounds like spilt milk to me, but that's none of my business. and don't forget that the fighting tigers won 6 in a row, and of those 6 two are playoff teams. ironton is there because they deserve to be. now we'll just have to see what happens. sounds like west needs some changes there to me.
West has nothing to do with this or my thoughts on it. If West would've had these creative schedules and gotten in the playoffs, they wouldn't have deserved it.

Harbin Points is a system and it's the only system we have. But in no way is it an exact representation of who you beat.

If you want to use West in an example. West only won 4 games. But West beat Minford who beat Northwest 52-0. Northwest won 7 games because they play in the SOC I against small schools. Minford also beat Oak Hill by 2 touchdowns. Oak Hill also plays in the SOC I against the same small schools as Northwest and won 6 games. Rock Hill barely beat Northwest and Oak Hill. Those two wins and the win over Chesapeake, is the reason Rock Hill made the playoffs. Rock Hills inflated record is why Ironton made the playoffs over Coshocton. Do you call that a representation of schedule strength?
I just call it continuing our playoff streak. the rest of the talking will be on the field. that'll say any/everything that needs said.

Return to “Football”