THE NEW LOOK OF THE OVC, PART 2.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THE NEW LOOK OF THE OVC, PART 2.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WELL GANG WE LOST ALL THE INTELLECTUAL DIALECT THAT WAS SO HERE WERE ARE AGAIN.NEXT FRIDAYS REGULAR SEASON ACTION CONCLUDES WITH:
CHESAPEAKE @ COAL GROVE
ROCK HILL @ FAIRLAND
IRONTON @ SOUTH POINT
PORTSMOUTH @ WAVERLY

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: THE NEW LOOK OF THE OVC, PART 2.

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Chesapeake vs Coal Grove should be a good game, We need Portsmouth to knock off Waverly.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

indeed . some standings henry.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

let's see i'll try to figure this out. no i'll wait on henry.

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

What the heck is this stuff? Anyway, I have found Seops and here are your standings after week 9

Ironton 5-0; 5-4
Coal Grove 4-1; 5-4
Rock Hill 3-2; 5-3
Chesapeake 3-2; 7-2
Portsmouth 2-4; 3-6
South Point 1-4; 2-7
Fairland 0-5; 0-9

The OVC could have 3 teams in the playoffs. Also OVC teams have beaten the TVC Champ, the SOC I Champ and runners up, and it looks like they might get another shot at the SOC II Champ in the playoffs.

It's been a great inaugural football season for the OVC. Great games and great effort by all of the teams.

OVCfan23
Waterboy

Post by OVCfan23 »

Save for South Point and Fairland, I agree this has been a great year for the new alignment of the OVC. Even though Ironton is on track to win it all, two teams played them to the finish and another did okay against them. Ironton will be the leader in football, but I don't think they will dominate like they would have back in the day. A great decision was made by all the schools that joined, and I hope that we have this level of competitiveness for years to come.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

I love the "New" OVC. A true "River School" conference. The addition of GAHS next season will only enhance the appeal of the OVC.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i agree with the comments. we may as well talk from this point about them French city blue devils as well. because after Friday for all intensive purposes football wise they'll be ovc as well. i never really thought about all the teams being on the river. that's cool

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

I feel the football teams in the conference will be much closer for the next several years then people would have imagined when this expansion first took place. It definitely has already brought a level of excitement not for seen for several years....and has also rejuvenated at least one stagnant program in the conference.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i agree. the days of old at Ironton and it's dominance appear to be in the rear view as with Portsmouth. now we'll have to see who can step it up.
gallipolis is also a program lost as far as football. and i think this will be a good change for everybody involved.

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

There is still at least one week to go in OVC action. The Conference Championship will be on the line Friday, but also the one out of conference game will be a crucial game to the league.

Portsmouth travels to Waverly. If the Trojans can pull off the upset, it should generate enough 2nd Level Playoff Points to put Ironton in the playoffs, possibly give Rock Hill a better seed in the playoffs, and give Chesapeake some cushion to help them make the playoffs if they fall to Coal Grove.

Bottom Line, is that this Portsmouth/Waverly game will be a good test of a mid level OVC team vs. a mid level SOC 2 team. All OVC fans should be rooting for the Trojans this week. This is what makes a conference better, when even though one team may be out of it, they can do something that means something.

P.S. How do you like my new Avatar?

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Going to be weird, yet interesting to see the Gallia Academy Blue Devils in the OVC, after all those years in the SEOAL!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
oldschoolqb
Waterboy

Post by oldschoolqb »

Sorry Ironton fans...the Waverly Tigers are going to put it all together and ROLL on the Trojans this week. We whipped West everywhere but on the scoreboard (5 turnovers), then put it on Minford despite puking it up some more last week. Our sophomores have really started growing up, and I really seeing us put it all together this week. As I said on the Waverly thread, you won't see a 4-5 team play harder this week....not sure if Portsmouth is still in that mindset. If Waverly gets up early, this one could get ugly. All that being said, I feel horrible for Ironton as I have a cousin playing on that team...maybe you guys can squeak in another way.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I too look for waverly to win this one.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

Ironton finishes off their first year in the OVC as champs with a win over South Point Prediction: Ironton-52 South Point-0

Rock Hill finishes regular season strong with a win over Fairland to continue a season that is breathing new life into the program...makes playoffs. Prediction: Rock Hill-34 Fairland-14

A very down Portsmouth team just does not have enough to win at Waverly. Prediction: Waverly-36 Portsmouth-21

OVC Game of the week Coal Grove @ Chesapeake...Brian Kidd finishes his first year as head coach with a win over the Panthers to finish 6-4. Prediction: Coal Grove-20 Chesapeake-14

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I like your predictions snoop

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

My opinion is that is has been an exciting OVC season. A lot of shocks, some definite twists, new rivalries have begun with the traditional rivals still alive and kicking but the big thing I see is an actual stability to the football division of the conference for the first time in quite a few years. And I don't care what Gallia's record is this season they will help solidify and Cement that continued stability into the future as the begin league play next season.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

I think the league will only grow stronger with the new additions....I also believe it will eventually overtake the SOC II in competiveness. The OVC is already better than the SOC II in basketball, with the addition of Portsmouth....The SOC II will truly regret not adding Portsmouth, Ironton (even though some of their fans are obnoxious) and Jackson into their football leagues...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I was totally against it when it was first mentioned. but I have changed my mind. and I think it's a great thing now. that's as honest as I can be about it. and it makes total sense travel wise to me.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think this was one example of the best league expansions that has happened in the area in a long time.
Adding Ironton and Gallia (next season) makes the OVC just about perfect.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”