Five Day Spring Football Camp

LHS 72
S

Five Day Spring Football Camp

Post by LHS 72 »

I know we all talk about this every year But now Urban is beginning to promote this idea!

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Re: Five Day Spring Football Camp

Post by ravensfan9 »

It would be great if it is coordinated somehow with the spring sports programs. I'm fired it, but hope they do it so that it doesn't affect baseball and track.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Five days over a two week period non contact basics training!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

In most schools Football is king and the money maker that supports most other sports programs. So it only makes sense to improve the product!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

This is the time of year between winter and spring sports season or after spring sports in late may!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

South Carolina allows two weeks of spring high school football practice. Three days of no contact, ten days in pads and a closing inter squad scrimmage. Schools are also allowed unlimited off season conditioning sessions and skill camps. In my opinion, it does not improve the quality of the actual game performances in the fall. Most schools in the Upstate would be D-3 or larger in Ohio, so they have enough athletes to where spring sports numbers are not hampered. I just think spring practice at least for Southeast Ohio would not be beneficial. Of course I am an old fart who remembers only one week of practice before the start of school with no off season conditioning except basketball, baseball, and track.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Football”