I Bone Offense

LHS 72
S

I Bone Offense

Post by LHS 72 »

Does any Southeast Ohio team run the I Bone offense?

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Re: I Bone Offense

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

:shock:
Last edited by Nuke LaLoosh on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

YOU FUNNY.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:YOU FUNNY.
No it is a combo of the wishbone, I and a little spread mixed in. Design for a power running team that has a young improving QB!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I know that ole buddy.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

In this offense you can break the bone on any play with only one or two backs in the backfield and go into the spread very easily . Of course this depends on the teams talent, speed and depth!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

in the age of spread offenses you don't see much of stuff like this anymore do we.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:in the age of spread offenses you don't see much of stuff like this anymore do we.
That is a shame. A good coach could incorporate it with the spread!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NY still utilizes the power I and the wishbone to go along with the spread.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Orange and Brown wrote:NY still utilizes the power I and the wishbone to go along with the spread.
They are running the I-Bone but they call it something else!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

ttt

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Motion is a big part of this offense.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

ttt

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

You are obsessed with this lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Orange and Brown wrote:You are obsessed with this lol
Trying to talk about real football subjects!

bcltcr
Riding the Bench

Post by bcltcr »

What do you want to know?

I would imagine you can run a lot of the option some, such as dive, belly (basically iso), and option off that as one series. You run all of your traps: fb trap, tb trap, and boot/waggle. Then run power off tackle to the "t" back.

I don't see how you could use motion effectively unless you broke the bone/got into a wing or slot set. But even then you would still be running the same plays just putting the ball carrier in motion to receive the pitch, take a handoff, or fake.

As in any offense, you need something to attack all gaps and areas of the field. I would just focus on using the traditional I or wishbone series with this formation. If you want a good idea of what the wishbone looks like look up Clinton-Massie on google. They run it well.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

bcltcr wrote:What do you want to know?

I would imagine you can run a lot of the option some, such as dive, belly (basically iso), and option off that as one series. You run all of your traps: fb trap, tb trap, and boot/waggle. Then run power off tackle to the "t" back.

I don't see how you could use motion effectively unless you broke the bone/got into a wing or slot set. But even then you would still be running the same plays just putting the ball carrier in motion to receive the pitch, take a handoff, or fake.

As in any offense, you need something to attack all gaps and areas of the field. I would just focus on using the traditional I or wishbone series with this formation. If you want a good idea of what the wishbone looks like look up Clinton-Massie on google. They run it well.
On my college and high school team we instilled the wishbone and it developed into a version of what I call the I bone! We ran quit a bit of the option game from this formation and we had over 2600 passing yards. Our OC said you can run quite a bit from this type "O" AS with any offense it depends on talent and skill level of your team.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

ttt

94dragons
Waterboy

Post by 94dragons »

I'm not exactly sure what you are describing as "I Bone" because there is really no universal language in football. With that being said, How can you be in the I and the Bone?? Aren't those 2 different formations all together? Please explain your "I Bone".

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

94dragons wrote:I'm not exactly sure what you are describing as "I Bone" because there is really no universal language in football. With that being said, How can you be in the I and the Bone?? Aren't those 2 different formations all together? Please explain your "I Bone".
It comes when you break the bone and have an off set back behind the fullback. I agree with your statement that there is no universal language in football.

Return to “Football”