2017 Logan Cheiftains

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 2017 Logan Cheiftains

Post by Orange and Brown »

It would be cool to have the seating closer to the field.
I'm sure the cost to relocate the track would be pretty high though...

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

LHS 72 wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:How about a separate track and field facility. For that matter, a separate soccer field. No track around the football field makes for a better experience. And those yellow soccer lines are wierd.
Aside from Politics which I do disagree sometimes! I totally agree with D&C on this!
We disagree without being disagreeable. I buy 10 season tickets a year. Give me a FOOTBALL field!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

dazed&confused wrote:
LHS 72 wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:How about a separate track and field facility. For that matter, a separate soccer field. No track around the football field makes for a better experience. And those yellow soccer lines are wierd.
Aside from Politics which I do disagree sometimes! I totally agree with D&C on this!
We disagree without being disagreeable. I buy 10 season tickets a year. Give me a FOOTBALL field!
Football is the money maker. They should have the best of everything. :mrgreen:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

You are right 72! If football is your flagship product, then everyone in the company need to make sacrifices and pitch in to make it successful. Like a kicker. If the football team (your flagship/money maker) needs a kicker. The soccer coach should be more then willing to help out his money maker (football) and letting his players kick for the football team. If a player want to do so.
Sorry for the rant. That issue still dumbfounds me.

AT THE RESERVATION
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Football is the cash cow for most High school and Jr high sports! :mrgreen:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

T&F is arguably the most successful sport at LHS. I think they deserve a great facility. The cost to replicate that elsewhere would be pretty prohibitive.

In a perfect world I'd love it. But I also think we're prettty lucky the community backed the current vision a little over 15 years ago and we're not stuck like Gallipolis trying to raise money.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The place is great and we need to be thankful for it. Shouldn't want more than what we NEED.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

loganlocos wrote:
T&F is arguably the most successful sport at LHS. I think they deserve a great facility. The cost to replicate that elsewhere would be pretty prohibitive.

In a perfect world I'd love it. But I also think we're prettty lucky the community backed the current vision a little over 15 years ago and we're not stuck like Gallipolis trying to raise money.
I fully understand your position. I would point out that a reasonable alternative exsts. Its at the middle school. Now I'm going to ask a pointed question. Not to slight T&F and soccer but how many people attend these events? And I wonder how much of the total sports revenue is generated by football. Just saying.......

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Remove the track and install box field seats except from behind the team bench area. From the 35 yard line to the end zone! Remember football is the cash cow especially when we have a winning program! D&C you should have a breakdown on the revenue generated by all varsity sports!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

dazed&confused wrote:
loganlocos wrote:

I fully understand your position. I would point out that a reasonable alternative exsts. Its at the middle school. Now I'm going to ask a pointed question. Not to slight T&F and soccer but how many people attend these events? And I wonder how much of the total sports revenue is generated by football. Just saying.......
Track at Logan might be the number three money maker. When we have a baseball game and a track meet at the sametime there will always be more at the track.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

dazed&confused wrote: I fully understand your position. I would point out that a reasonable alternative exsts. Its at the middle school. Now I'm going to ask a pointed question. Not to slight T&F and soccer but how many people attend these events? And I wonder how much of the total sports revenue is generated by football. Just saying.......
The middle school has a nice facility - although I'm not sure what effect the new Green Elementary has had on it. I know the old discus pit was down in that foot print.

But if you consolidate all T&F activities back into one venue you have scheduling and number issues between MS and HS programs. Remember - T&F is a numbers sport and trying to cram FOUR (MS boys and girls, HS boys and girls) huge teams into one venue causes a lot of problems.

Finally, one of the big advantages of the new HS is having virtually every Varsity venue onsite - I mean Cross Country is the "trip" having to go over to the golf course! Busing T&F athletes over to the middle school for practice everyday would be added cost as well (they used to bus out to the MS from the hilltop).

As to your revenue question, at this point, your argument is only relevant if a change at the Stadium would result in added revenue. The venue is bought and paid for. Football DEFINITELY is the biggest money maker by a distance. But unless you're going to INCREASE revenue by making a change, you're going to spend a lot of money without a corresponding revenue increase. Not sure that is helpful.

FWIW - I advocated a bleacher system that could sit over the track during football season but could roll behind the track for the winter and fall (Massillon has a system like this, although I think the front of their stands are just removed). I do believe the district looked into it, but decided it is cost prohibitive.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

July 15 Logan @ Grandview

July 21 Logan Home vs Lancaster, Alexander and Marietta

August 8 Home vs Bloom Carroll

August 18 Home Jamboree game vs Canal Winchester

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:July 15 Logan @ Grandview

July 21 Logan Home vs Lancaster, Alexander and Marietta

August 8 Home vs Bloom Carroll

August 18 Home Jamboree game vs Canal Winchester
Sounds good.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Did they do away with the Circleville scrimmage?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

cbolt wrote:Did they do away with the Circleville scrimmage?
I listed what was on the school site????????????????

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I like that they are moving north to play teams instead of south. A league invite is being cultivated.

Have gun, will travel
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Paladin wrote:I like that they are moving north to play teams instead of south. A league invite is being cultivated.
Agree.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Any update on progress for a new league? Its spring plowing season cultivating comes later.

football2323
Waterboy

Post by football2323 »

btw Sam Hall lead the team in sacks not Kory

football2323
Waterboy

Post by football2323 »

Also I have heard he (Sam Hall) is now 6'6 210. I expect to see big things out of him.

Return to “Football”