2017 Logan Cheiftains

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: 2017 Logan Cheiftains

Post by 1987chieftains »

Defense looks good... the offense..... not so good.

AT THE RESERVATION
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

CW rolls into the swamp and just crushes the Chiefs 42-13. There is no sugar coating it the offense was absolutely terrible! The QB makes some bad decisions throwing the ball and it doesn't help he has constant pressure forcing him to move around a lot. There were no running lanes and when there was a penalty brought it back. I think the defense might be improved a little, but it's hard to tell because they got no help from the offense. Logan's only points were scored by the defense on a pick 6 and fumble return. Just another bad forgettable night is about all I can say!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I'm with you cbolt.

AT THE RESERVATION
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Too many long runs against the defense.

Freshman won
Last edited by noreply66 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I am changing my prediction from 7-3/6-4 to 3-7/2-8. If that O line doesnt get any better and dbs don't attack, it's going to be a longer year then last year.

AT THE RESERVATION
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Wow! Well, Sounds like Burke has some major work to do. Still time to clean up, but it don't sound good.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:03 pm Too many log runs against the defense.
Yep CW did get some big ones but I think it was more from the defense just being worn out from being out there so much. Most of the big ones came in the third quarter when it was obvious the offense wasn't going to score. :(

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

cbolt wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:43 pm
noreply66 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:03 pm Too many log runs against the defense.
Yep CW did get some big ones but I think it was more from the defense just being worn out from being out there so much. Most of the big ones came in the third quarter when it was obvious the offense wasn't going to score. :(
Same thing happened with Athens vs Canal Winchester last year. Basically they had three plays on offense. Those three plays were long TD's though

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Paladin wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:20 pm Locos

I like the addition of Canal. Anything to maintain contact with Central Ohio teams and get exposure. OCC or Mid State. Logan needs to get out of playing SEO and move on to developing relationships in Central Ohio. League comes quicker that way.
I agree with this.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:43 pm
Sounds like the O-line needs lots of work to get in gear. How strong of an arm does the QB have, Bolt? :( Still time for adjustments and to work on things that's causing the problems. Pretty good group of young men I'm hearing, it's early yet, and lets hope they can get something positive going. GO CHIEFS!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Doesn't look like there is much mustard on his passes trench and the deep balls hang up and flutter a lot, but in his defense seems like he is always dodging defenders and moving his feet making it hard to get in a good set throwing position. Also there were some bad snaps which didn't help his cause any.
Last edited by cbolt on Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

Paladin wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:20 pm Locos

I like the addition of Canal. Anything to maintain contact with Central Ohio teams and get exposure. OCC or Mid State. Logan needs to get out of playing SEO and move on to developing relationships in Central Ohio. League comes quicker that way.
Agree 100%. Unfortunately I feel there are too many people around Logan athletics that want the "old rivalries"

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan needs to completely get away from SEO. They showed they do not want Logan so Logan should put those days behind them.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Wow, I think you're all a little harsh.

Logan's defense is definitely improved. It might be the best group of linebackers since Amyx was here and not a senior in the group. Three sophomores as well.

DBs tipped a number of passes (one that was returned for TD). Definitely some alignment/responsibility problems, but its a scrimmage and the first real "game" conditions for this group (every other scrimmage was very much controlled).

The offense struggled - A LOT. But the offensive line is down two guys I think might be starting if they were healthy - and maybe three guys. I still like Preston Yates a lot at the tailback spot.

Would like to see the offense try some more true read option and use Walsh's running ability from the QB spot. Receivers are very green and had trouble getting seperation. And the QB did not play well - although its correct he was running for his life too often.

For the first two quarters the game was competitive - the third Q was a nightmare. The quarterback through 5 interceptions all of last year and threw 3 on Friday. I'll go with the larger sample size.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:29 am Logan needs to completely get away from SEO. They showed they do not want Logan so Logan should put those days behind them.
I again agree. The problem is that there are too many people around the Logan athletics that are living in the glory days of the SEOAL.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

1987chieftains wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:27 pm When Warren has a more then 1 winning season in 25 years Barlow then you can talk smack. Until then be happy with a 2 win season against some DVI team and some team from the backwoods WV.
I've not said one word about Warren being any good. With Logan's schedule they will win 5-6 or more.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

SEFan wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:52 am
noreply66 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:29 am Logan needs to completely get away from SEO. They showed they do not want Logan so Logan should put those days behind them.
I again agree. The problem is that there are too many people around the Logan athletics that are living in the glory days of the SEOAL.
Not sure about the too many and the glory days of the SEOAL . People I talk to are talking about the future and the hope for a league membership.

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

This is just my youthful opinion as an outsider from Logan, but if Logan continues scheduling SEO, there's only 3 schools I would consider scheduling: Athens, Chillicothe, and Jackson. They would provide quality rivalry games most years, travel is good, and provides a pretty good gate for everyone I think in home & home matchups. Sorry Meigs, Nelsonville-York, and Warren, but Logan is looking to Central Ohio. I wouldn't schedule all 3 in 1 season though as scheduling 2 of the 3 teams at most still provides many teams to schedule scrimmages and regular season games from the LCL, MSL-Buckeye + Whitehall-Yearling, MVL + Zanesville (assuming they're considered Central Ohio), and OCC. I'd only consider scheduling Chillicothe annually as long as they stay D2 and wouldn't consider Athens and Jackson if they were to fall to D4 (shouldn't happen in the near future). I think it's a good plan until Logan is accepted into a league or conference, and it's still a reasonable plan once Logan's in a league or conference. Just my opinion.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GoBucks1047 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:32 pm This is just my youthful opinion as an outsider from Logan, but if Logan continues scheduling SEO, there's only 3 schools I would consider scheduling: Athens, Chillicothe, and Jackson. They would provide quality rivalry games most years, travel is good, and provides a pretty good gate for everyone I think in home & home matchups. Sorry Meigs, Nelsonville-York, and Warren, but Logan is looking to Central Ohio. I wouldn't schedule all 3 in 1 season though as scheduling 2 of the 3 teams at most still provides many teams to schedule scrimmages and regular season games from the LCL, MSL-Buckeye + Whitehall-Yearling, MVL + Zanesville (assuming they're considered Central Ohio), and OCC. I'd only consider scheduling Chillicothe annually as long as they stay D2 and wouldn't consider Athens and Jackson if they were to fall to D4 (shouldn't happen in the near future). I think it's a good plan until Logan is accepted into a league or conference, and it's still a reasonable plan once Logan's in a league or conference. Just my opinion.
Logan can look to central Ohio all they want. Nelsonville-York is happy playing schools our size for the most part.
We dropped Logan, they didn't drop us.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I'd consider playing D-III teams and up. That includes Athens, Chilli ,Jackson and would include Marietta and Warren. But the rest of SEO needs to move on. The future is north, not south and while you need games, especially non- league games, league to the north will eventually happen. Much of SEO will continue to shrink and student enrollment will drop , moving teams to even smaller divisions. Logan will remain fairly stable as a commuter town to Central Ohio work. So Logan, as a D-II, will be playing a D-I thru D-III schedule. Most of SEO is smaller and going to get smaller. But the 5 above teams, as long as they stay D-III or higher are fine. There just isn't much of a future for Logan in sports in SEO.

Have gun, will travel

Return to “Football”