Who can actually win State?

billcox
Varsity

Who can actually win State?

Post by billcox »

What teams from SE Ohio actually have a legitimate chance of winning a state title?

I'd say we can rule anyone above D5 out with the exception of when Athens reaps the benefits of being in the same town as OU.

Burg
Ironton
Valley
Trimble

Point Pleasant was just reclassified to AA in WV. I wish Mason county was in Ohio because they will likely win a title soon.

Anyone else?

JV Team

Re: Who can actually win State?

Post by 1906 »

being the best of 39 schools of west Virginia isn't very high plateau, so be it if it happens ohio is a whole different animal....

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

1906 wrote:being the best of 39 schools of west Virginia isn't very high plateau, so be it if it happens ohio is a whole different animal....
I said nothing about WV high school football being comparable to Ohio high school football. PP is a local school from just across the river that is followed by many people in the area. They deserve recognition for what they have accomplished.

kuruguru
Waterboy

Post by kuruguru »

Point Pleasant is real. Cody Mitchell is real. The staff over there is real.

They are as good as or better than any of the D-III Ohio teams I have seen this year (including, Jackson, Zanesville, Watterson).

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

YES, WAYNE ALWAYS HAS A FINE TEAM TOO. I REMEMBER IRONTON PLAYING CAPITAL WHEN THE MOSS BROTHERS WERE THERE RANDY AND ZEPPRUS MOSS,THEY LOST TO IRONTON AND WON THE WV STATE TITLE. THE CABELL MIDLANDS, AND THE HUNTINGTON TEAMS. THEY WERE HUGE SCHOOLS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

billcox wrote:
1906 wrote:being the best of 39 schools of west Virginia isn't very high plateau, so be it if it happens ohio is a whole different animal....
I said nothing about WV high school football being comparable to Ohio high school football. PP is a local school from just across the river that is followed by many people in the area. They deserve recognition for what they have accomplished.

I realize you didn't mention wv football as well. but after it was brought up I made a comment as well. not sure if ironton ever played point pleasant or not. I'd say they have we were all over the place when ironton was an independent school.ky, wv, ohio.always looking for the biggest games they could find.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Pretty much anyone playing for state can win it... lol

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Hilarious.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TRUE NUFF.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Another season without a champion from SE Ohio. The playoffs began in 1972. So, in a span of 43 seasons we have seen 4 state champs from the area (Ironton x 2, Burg, NY). Include Amanda Clearcreek and we can claim 2 more I believe. I realize there are dozens of explanations for why this is the case.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

billcox wrote:Another season without a champion from SE Ohio. The playoffs began in 1972. So, in a span of 43 seasons we have seen 4 state champs from the area (Ironton x 2, Burg, NY). Include Amanda Clearcreek and we can claim 2 more I believe. I realize there are dozens of explanations for why this is the case.
Crooksville won state in 1977 and didn't win the MVL that year

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

No one in the SEO is going to win a state football title in the next few years that I can see in any Div. We just had one of our best teams in years get knock out by ColdH2O. We got to start making our out of conference games a lot harder to prepare for big time football. Either learn to play with the big dogs on the porch or stay home and feel good.

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Wheeling Park 35 - PP 7. Discounting Region 25 and that is not even a guarantee PP could not advance in Ohio past week 11.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

The field not even across the board
Top to bottom in any division. .
For seohio to win the title. .
if we do a division break down.
kids in rural seohio.vs inner city.
Say we have 50 kids on a team rural
Vs
inner city. You have more of a dense population to choose from. .I seen it all the time..if little Johnny don't start say at Brookhaven. .Johnny has a option to walk across the street and have a shot at another school...

Return to “Football”