State Championship Return to Canton

bsee12345
Varsity

State Championship Return to Canton

Post by bsee12345 »

It was approved by 9-0 vote that the State Championship are going back to Canton in 2017 and 2018. All games will be played at Hall of Fame Stadium.
Dates and times of games will be decided in spring. I would guess the set up would be similar to schedule at Ohio State- 1 game on Thursday night and 3 games both Friday and Saturday.

hoot
Varsity

Re: State Championship Return to Canton

Post by hoot »

At least the games are at one venue for the people who want to travel to watch all the games .It stunk driving back and forth from Canton to Massilon to see all the games . Still like C- bus better.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THIS STINKS IN MY OPINION, JUST SAW THIS THIS MORNING.

IF I WAS A STUD ATHLETE WITH COLLEGE ASPIATIONS AND OFFERS MY GOAL WOULD NOT BE TO PLAY IN CANTON OR MASSILON, BUT TO PLAY IN OHIO STATE STADIUM, THE HOME OF THE BUCKEYES. AND ONE OF THE LARGEST STADIUMS IN THE COUNTRY.

THAT'S ALL I GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT. OHSAA, HAS BASICALLY SAID WE DON'T GIVE A HOOT ABOUT A NUETRAL SITE. DEAL WIRG IT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
EagleFan89
JV Team

Post by EagleFan89 »

This is not new news, though. Formalized with a Board vote this week, but it's been known for years they were returning to Canton (first scheduled for 2016 then bumped to 2017 due to construction in Canton.)

Columbus will get the games again, perhaps in 2019, or 2021.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Should always be at Ohio State but canton area people cry pretty loud

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Where is the BS button when u need it. The games should be at the shoe. A central location

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OLE BAIT DON'T LIKE IT ONE EARTHLY BIT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

They said years ago it would go back and forth between Columbus and Canton/Massillon so it shouldn't surprise anyone.We will see how the attendance is when they go back up there now with one central place.The Shoe is so big it looks like an empty shell in there for a high school game,but is close for us if we decide to go like it is for them up there.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I remember. I'd just like to see a permanent change to ohio state. for all the right reasons. I love the canton.massilon area as well. but to me if it's because of making a high school stadium looking fuller.it doesn't merit the change. I know as well it's all about the dollars with ohsaa. but just as much could be spent at ohio state and Columbus and the buckeye stadium is much more nostaligic and awesome. years and decades kids can have their kids at a buckeye game sayin----------hey young'un your pappy played here one time.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: mad-dogg

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Mad-Dogg wrote:Where is the BS button when u need it. The games should be at the shoe. A central location
That's a big affirmative. Definitely agree.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I remember. I'd just like to see a permanent change to ohio state. for all the right reasons. I love the canton.massilon area as well. but to me if it's because of making a high school stadium looking fuller.it doesn't merit the change. I know as well it's all about the dollars with ohsaa. but just as much could be spent at ohio state and Columbus and the buckeye stadium is much more nostaligic and awesome. years and decades kids can have their kids at a buckeye game sayin----------hey young'un your pappy played here one time.

Tom Benson Stadium is anything but a High School Stadium.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

who plays there is it walsh college there in canton, or is that massilon's stadium.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I know it ain't the home of the buckeyes.

SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

I personally like the trip to Canton and Massillon. I also like Ohio Stadium. All the venues to watch the state championship games are fine with me.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Be cool if they would rotate it

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:who plays there is it walsh college there in canton, or is that massilon's stadium.
Walsh, Malone, and Canton McKinley

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thanks raider.

EagleFan89
JV Team

Post by EagleFan89 »

Pol pot wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I remember. I'd just like to see a permanent change to ohio state. for all the right reasons. I love the canton.massilon area as well. but to me if it's because of making a high school stadium looking fuller.it doesn't merit the change. I know as well it's all about the dollars with ohsaa. but just as much could be spent at ohio state and Columbus and the buckeye stadium is much more nostaligic and awesome. years and decades kids can have their kids at a buckeye game sayin----------hey young'un your pappy played here one time.

It is still a Canton City Schools facility. Sounds like a high school stadium to me!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

EagleFan89 wrote:
Pol pot wrote:

It is still a Canton City Schools facility. Sounds like a high school stadium to me!

Wrong, Canton City Schools do not own or control that stadium, that went out the door sometime ago.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Pol pot wrote:
EagleFan89 wrote:
Pol pot wrote:

Wrong, Canton City Schools do not own or control that stadium, that went out the door sometime ago.
Please use Google pol pot. Canton city school district owns the stadium

"The Board of Education is expected to vote on the renaming of the stadium to the Tom Benson Pro Football Hall of Fame Stadium. The district will retain ownership of the facility"

Return to “Football”