State Championship Return to Canton

whompascat
All Conference

Re: State Championship Return to Canton

Post by whompascat »

GREAT NEWS PLAY AT HALL OF FAME! not every kid in ohio dreams of playing for the buckeyes.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Raider6309 wrote:
Pol pot wrote:
EagleFan89 wrote: It is still a Canton City Schools facility. Sounds like a high school stadium to me!

Wrong, Canton City Schools do not own or control that stadium, that went out the door sometime ago.
Please use Google pol pot. Canton city school district owns the stadium

"The Board of Education is expected to vote on the renaming of the stadium to the Tom Benson Pro Football Hall of Fame Stadium. The district will retain ownership of the facility"

Try updating your Google, the city schools turned over ownership several years ago and the stadium is now run and controlled by the Hall of Fame.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Please find me 1 article that says HOF owns it. There's about a thousand that says CCSD owns it

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

"Hall of Fame Village, LLC. On land owned by Canton City Schools leased to the Stark County Port Authority."

Pol Pot is right!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I understand not every ohio high school player does not grow up wanting to be a buckeye. i'll give you that. but the overwhelming majority do. look at the tee shirts, jackets, hats, etc. and I'm only giving my opinion, I'm passionate about them being at ohio state, while others may prefer the canton/massilon area. there could be endless reasons brought up why or why not. but the lone concrete point is , it the center of the state. equal travel for any and everybody.and the facilities are some of the best in the world.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Agree Bait, Equally fair travel for all.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

personally I much prefer attending them in Columbus. it's a hour from the house. best facilities in the country by my standards. anybody can make the state finals from any part of the state. and one thing never changes. it was an equal opportunity for fair travel for all the teams to play a game at a neutral site. period. there is no pro stadium I would choose over ohio state's as well. parking, handicap accessability, restrooms, eateries, hotels/motels shuttles. not a bad seat in the house. please realize this is only my opinion, that's all I can answer for. the move away from Columbus was strictly financial, and people whining about the appearance of a less than full stadium. I guarantee you the players don't mind using the facilities and locker room.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

So the million dollar question is what will a certain poster use as his title of his post to see why you will not attend the games. Horseshoe was too big, will HoF be too small, or will it be just right;-)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I've been to my share of state title games at both places hoss. just have not been to many games period the last several years because of mobility issues. but I'm thinkin you already know that. but whatever fluffs yer pillows ole buddy. nobody is perfect everybody has a crack in their butt.and you know what they say bout opinions.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I've been to my share of state title games at both places hoss. just have not been to many games period the last several years because of mobility issues. but I'm thinkin you already know that. but whatever fluffs yer pillows ole buddy. nobody is perfect everybody has a crack in their butt.and you know what they say bout opinions.

Wasn't geared to you. Your not the one that starts the annual "you won't go why", "programs are too expensive", "price of admission is too high", then turn around and brag about all the games they went to see.

Mobility issues are totally different and something you can't help. You'd be wherever your Tigers or a local team would be playing if you physically could. I have no doubt about that.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thank you. I have several that razz me here about not getting to go to many tiger games. but frankly I could not think who they were. and it bothers me, because I love going. after 14 surgeries and 3 cornea transplants it hard to get there, especially when my wife works Fridays. because I don't drive any long distances at night by myself. thank you for clearing that up.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Pol pot wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:
Pol pot wrote:

Wrong, Canton City Schools do not own or control that stadium, that went out the door sometime ago.
Please use Google pol pot. Canton city school district owns the stadium

"The Board of Education is expected to vote on the renaming of the stadium to the Tom Benson Pro Football Hall of Fame Stadium. The district will retain ownership of the facility"

Try updating your Google, the city schools turned over ownership several years ago and the stadium is now run and controlled by the Hall of Fame.
Copy and paste from Fridaynightohio.com

"According to the terms of the cooperative agreement:

• The school district will retain ownership of its properties and facilities, but has agreed to grant a 99-year lease to the Stark County Port Authority. The Port Authority then will provide a sublease to the HOF Village LLC. Once construction is finished, the school district will continue to have priority scheduling at the stadium and will not be charged facility or parking fees. The district will continue to collect revenue from gate receipts; the developer will receive the income from concessions and parking.

• HOF Village LLC will pay the school district $285,000 a year to rent the district-owned facilities, beginning in 2018. The rent will increase by 10 percent every 10 years. The company also will be responsible for all facility, building and property maintenance for the stadium, fields and parking areas."

Heck of an agreement but did say school district has priority in scheduling for the stadium.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

McKinley lost their practice field to the HoF VILLAGE. interesting thing about the "rental fee" is the CCSD has to pay the grounds maintenance, which is projected to be roughly the same cost as the rental fee.

In short, CCSD owns the land, the HoF and its foundation own the stadium and will be the financial benefactors of the entire project.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

for those of us that don't know what is ccsd. I assume a school district by the lettering. I am completely illiterate about anything up there, but the hall of fame.

Return to “Football”