8%
Frontier
4%

Total votes: 48

MCdude
Waterboy

Re: Pioneer Valley Conf 2016

Post by MCdude »

Don't know where you get your info, but I will put money on it that Alleman plays.

Pvc69
Waterboy

Post by Pvc69 »

MCdude wrote:Don't know where you get your info, but I will put money on it that Alleman plays.
I herd it from his father an dont he is going to let him play an after last year dont think he wants to play. Yes he liked it an he was good but well just leave it at that

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

The Caldwell head coaching position will be posted on OHSAA this afternoon.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

1) Fort Frye - Return basically everyone and the rest of the PVC gets worse
2) Buckeye Trail - New coach that knows football and will utilize their athletes
3) Caldwell - Have to replace irreplaceable pieces but still have a few studs on both sides of the ball
4) Monroe Central - Experienced QB back but limited numbers
5) Shenandoah - Played a lot of younger guys last year but still aren't ready to compete with the top of the league
6) Frontier - Bad last year with Camino and Matheny.... OUCH.

1 & 6 are locks so bet it in Vegas :lol:
Caldwell could be all the way at 5 depending on who gets the Head Coaching Job - If its the Jr. High Coach from last year they could battle Shenandoah for the 5 Spot.

journeyman8675309
Riding the Bench

Post by journeyman8675309 »

Caldwell will be just fine no matter who gets the job for a year. Hopefully they keep the staff around with whomever takes it. Jr High Coach from last year???????

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

I think that would depend on what your definition of fine was. Fine as in probably not 5th or 6th I would absolutely agree with that. I have to think Fort Frye will dominate. 2nd-4th who knows between Trail MC and Caldwell anymore at this point.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

My prediction is Fort Frye goes 10-0 and ends up playing first playoff game on the road.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

EasternDspy wrote:My prediction is Fort Frye goes 10-0 and ends up playing first playoff game on the road.
Do you think, perhaps, maybe the PVC (with the exception of Fort Frye) may struggle in non-league play this year? Thus causing a 10-0 record resulting in a first round away game. For instance a Caldwell victory this season resulting in much less Harbin points than it would have last season.

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

I know that Trail plays a decent non-conference schedule: Ridgewood, Meadowbook, and River are on their schedule. All three teams should be solid.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

Assuming the schedule doesn't change for Caldwell, they'll have Liberty Union, West M and Shadyside at home. Waverly is away, which will be a tough game. I could see a 5-5 or 6-4 season, but with so many unknowns that may be a bit generous.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The thing is this season Fort Frye got so many points from Caldwell and Belpre. No way those teams touch 2015 season totals. Forts scheduled opponents projected wins : Belpre (3-7 or 4-6) , Newcomerstown (2-8) , Waterford (6-4) , Johnstown Northridge (5-5 or 6-5) Monroe Central (6-4) , Frontier (0-10) , Trail (5-5) , Caldwell (6-4 or 7-3) , Shenandoah (4-6) , Wirt (1-9). Just do not think that's a home game schedule maybe I'm wrong what you guys think?

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

In division 6, no chance for a home game with that schedule.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

EasternDspy wrote:The thing is this season Fort Frye got so many points from Caldwell and Belpre. No way those teams touch 2015 season totals. Forts scheduled opponents projected wins : Belpre (3-7 or 4-6) , Newcomerstown (2-8) , Waterford (6-4) , Johnstown Northridge (5-5 or 6-5) Monroe Central (6-4) , Frontier (0-10) , Trail (5-5) , Caldwell (6-4 or 7-3) , Shenandoah (4-6) , Wirt (1-9). Just do not think that's a home game schedule maybe I'm wrong what you guys think?
A quick estimate on the low end using your projections would put them at around a 16.900 average. That would have earned a home game in that region 2 out of the last 10 years and could've left them completely out twice (8th place was 16.9 one year). Adding 3 more opponents wins (for your "or" projections) and bumping the average win from all D-VII secondary points to split between D-VI/D-VII for an average of 19.000 and it is still 50/50 for a home game over the last 10 years.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye made playoffs based on beating 2 playoff teams. Northridge could be better this year and I'm hoping a PVC team steps up. Also Waterford could be way better in 16.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I mean River was a 6th seed last year and the best team they beat was 6-4 Monroe.

uncle-coozie
Waterboy

Post by uncle-coozie »

Fort will be up at top but I believe Caldwell will be rightb there .I think coach n mind has been with this team for a while and even though they lose a lot they still have bunch of studs. .Fort could easily lose a few games as well as Caldwell. But I will say this no matter how good fort record is it means nothing when u can't win in post season

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

I would think, depending on the draw of course, Fort Frye will fair better in the playoffs this year. That Fredericktown team that beat them was really not a slouch (despite what I said in another thread) I did think Fredericktowns defense was weak, but they had a pretty sharp offense that the Fort held to only 13 points. Fredericktowns losses came to a D7 final four team in Danville, a 6-4 Strong D Avg O team in Highland that kind of came out nowhere by whipping on Fredericktown the way they did, and of course in the regional finals to Grandview Heights. To top this it was a very young Fort Frye team. Rather it be a home or away game I do see this years Fort Frye team not being able to collect as many Harbin points going into week 11. Northridge could be a nice non league game, I doubt they beat Newark Catholic or Johnstown Monroe, but as for the rest you just never know with them.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

enigmaax wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:The thing is this season Fort Frye got so many points from Caldwell and Belpre. No way those teams touch 2015 season totals. Forts scheduled opponents projected wins : Belpre (3-7 or 4-6) , Newcomerstown (2-8) , Waterford (6-4) , Johnstown Northridge (5-5 or 6-5) Monroe Central (6-4) , Frontier (0-10) , Trail (5-5) , Caldwell (6-4 or 7-3) , Shenandoah (4-6) , Wirt (1-9). Just do not think that's a home game schedule maybe I'm wrong what you guys think?
A quick estimate on the low end using your projections would put them at around a 16.900 average. That would have earned a home game in that region 2 out of the last 10 years and could've left them completely out twice (8th place was 16.9 one year). Adding 3 more opponents wins (for your "or" projections) and bumping the average win from all D-VII secondary points to split between D-VI/D-VII for an average of 19.000 and it is still 50/50 for a home game over the last 10 years.
That's some good info! Was going to do the same math myself once I had the chance. Don't have to now!

Bigboy97
Waterboy

Post by Bigboy97 »

Anyone heard any more on the PVC expansion?? Guessing it is not going to happen I havent heard anything about it recently

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

I haven't heard anything new either, I have heard that the ECOL schools parting ways may still happen though in the next couple seasons. So makes me wonder where schools like Cambridge and Meadowbrook will end up

Return to “Football”