Chillicothe 14 - Jackson 13. FINAL

Bronc21
All Conference

Chillicothe 14 - Jackson 13. FINAL

Post by Bronc21 »

Chilli defense steps up big tonight. Special team fumbles set up both ironmen td's. chilli scores with 1:32 to pull upset

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Chillicothe 14 - Jackson 13. FINAL

Post by danicalifornia »

Heck of a win for Coach Hinton and the Cavaliers! I'd love to see this give them some momentem to next week and then into the new league next year.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Cavs should win next week. Cavs lost 2 more to injuries tonight a .very banged up team

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

This wasn't an upset. What does Jackson have? Jackson is not very good at all. They play with the least emotion I've ever seen. I'm not sure what they do real well. The Osborne kid has made alot of big plays at CB, Landrum is a tough nosed runner. Kearns and Rafferty have had their moments. Cutright plays good.

Is there a kid on the team that can bench 300?
Can anyone crack 4.7 in the 40?

The punter/kicker does a good job.

I didn't see but a few times a team that was playing to play for a league championship next week.

Ironman88
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman88 »

RedSolo wrote:This wasn't an upset. What does Jackson have? Jackson is not very good at all. They play with the least emotion I've ever seen. I'm not sure what they do real well. The Osborne kid has made alot of big plays at CB, Landrum is a tough nosed runner. Kearns and Rafferty have had their moments. Cutright plays good.

I didn't see but a few times a team that was playing to play for a league championship next week.
I agree looked like Chillicothe was playing for league title and playoff berth. This coaching staff will need to search their souls and put more time in this off season than we did last year only team Jackson was stronger than was wellston.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

ironman24 wrote:
RedSolo wrote:This wasn't an upset. What does Jackson have? Jackson is not very good at all. They play with the least emotion I've ever seen. I'm not sure what they do real well. The Osborne kid has made alot of big plays at CB, Landrum is a tough nosed runner. Kearns and Rafferty have had their moments. Cutright plays good.

I agree looked like Chillicothe was playing for league title and playoff berth. This coaching staff will need to search their souls and put more time in this off season than we did last year only team Jackson was stronger than was wellston.
Kids have to commit to geting stronger. How do coaches being in the weight room make you stronger? Kids must work to get stronger. Maybe some of these kids just expected to win because that is what they have done over the past couple of years. Maybe their work ethic didn't match the expectations for this year. I believe the loss of offensive skill from last year's team has a whole lot more to do with Jackson's struggles this year than strength.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Chillicothe played a great game defensively and earned the win. Gotta give them all the credit for their effort.

Jackson played pretty well defensively for the second straight week, but they had their worst offensive game of the season. Chillicothe deserves a lot of credit for that because they controlled the line of scrimmage. The Cavs didn't let Jackson get the running game going, and the Ironmen weren't able to keep them honest with the threat of a passing game.

Tough way for the seniors to end their careers at Alumni Stadium. The playoffs are now certainly out of the question, but there is STILL something to play for next week. You're playing your arch rival and you have a chance to win a share of an SEOAL championship. The Blue Devils are SEOAL champions tonight, but if they're gonna have it all to themselves, they have to take it from you. Don't let it happen!

firecracker
Riding the Bench

Post by firecracker »

I think both teams played bad, but Jackson played worst. Still missed tackles, and they are at week nine and the coach won't pull the players out? Looks like the offense ran the same plays over and over again. The QB might be a runner, however he cannot pass, he is in to big of a hurry. The offense needs to come up with some new plays.

Ironman88
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman88 »

Chillicothe just wanted to win more than jackson it was same old stuff missed tackle and no movement from line and looks and plays like a team that is there because they think we expect them to play football. where's the passion for the game i see this spreading thru the program. just showing up will not get it done you need to want to destroy everybody you play.

firecracker
Riding the Bench

Post by firecracker »

This team has a few good years, now this year's team thinks it is entitled to a good year. SORRY BOYS, you have to work for a good year. That means HARD WORK and TEAM WORK!!!! As for the missed tackles, pull those kids out for a while, put somebody else in. Its pretty sad, a sideline full of players and none of them playing. And if it is true these kids don't want to step up during practice, look for some rough years ahead. One more thing, NO CRYING IN FOOTBALL!!!! There will be a winning team, and there will be a losing team. If you don't like losing, try harder!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

There's crying in life. High school boys don't cry unless they need to. There are several soft-hearted kids on that team, while it's not the greatest quality for a football player but what can you do?

Return to “Football”