GAME REPORT: DANVILLE 44 CALDWELL 34

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

GAME REPORT: DANVILLE 44 CALDWELL 34

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Austin Mettler took the third quarter kickoff from his own 13 all the way to the Danville 30 yard line and if not for a nice stop by, Zach Winings this one would have gone for a lot more.

Caldwell needed three plays to hit pay dirt on this 30-yard drive. A 28-yard gallop by Clark ended the drive, after the point after kick, we had a two-point game(22-20)with 11:02 still left in the third.

The scoring would continue with Danville closing out a 11 play, 78-yard yard drive, when Durbin scored from a yard out as he followed the big boys in front of him once again. The point after kick made this a,29-20 Danville lead, with 5:22 left in the quarter.

The Blue Devils scored a gain on another one-yard Durbin run, with 1:52 left in the quarter. The point after kick gave us a 37-20 Blue Devils lead. This drive went for 63 yards and totaled six plays.

Danville got an interception from Cal Honabarger, another of their two way weapons, with :32 left in the quarter.

Heading into the third Caldwell could have put their hands on their hips giving that tired, we are beat look, but these Redskins did not appear to know what tired or quitting was, and this showed up huge in the fourth quarter.

Both teams were scoreless in the last stanza, until Calwell ended a 12 play 75-yard drive, on a 35-yard touchdown pass to Dalton Ivey. The point after kick made this a,37-27 game.

The Redskins defense came in and promptly got a gigantic stop, to give their potent offense another opportunity to score again.
The offense needed to go 75 yards and do so as fast as they could. And that is just what they did. The score came on another touchdown pass to Ivey, with the point after kick making this a 37-34 game, with 2;10, left. The score erupted the large Caldwell crowd and stunned the huge crowd from Danville.

Danville had to pick up a first down or two to run out the clock or score and ice the game, after the kickoff. For the first two plays it was all defense by Caldwell as they put Danville into a third and long with a little over a minute left. After a Caldwell timeout, the two teams came back onto the field, with both looking more determined than before to do what they needed to do.

Durbin, who had not thrown long much of the night, dropped back to pass and he let go of a nicely thrown ball deep down field in the direction of, Kenton Mickley, who not only caught it, he broke a tackled and easily out ran the rest of the defense for a game clinching,48 yard touchdown. The point after kick gave us a,44-34 game, with 1:15 left.

Caldwell took the field and still they did not give any indication to the crowd they were beat, or they had given up. As a fan, who had no dog in this fight(I did root for one team, as I always pick a team to root for)I must say this as much as anything else impressed me and made me like Caldwell more than I did before the game.

With :56 left the Blue Devils, Skyler Durbin picked off a Clark pass to secure the Danville win.

(I used the roster from MAXPREPS.COM FOR CALDWELL AND THE ROSTER FOUND ON DANVILLE.COM FOR THE DANVILLE ROSTER)

UNOFFICIAL STATS
CALDWELL
51 PLAYS
325 YARDS
PASSING
15-19 1 TD

DANVILLE
64 PLAYS
432 YARDS
PASSING
17-22 2 TD'S

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: GAME REPORT: DANVILLE 44 CALDWELL 34

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: GAME REPORT: DANVILLE 44 CALDWELL 34

Shocked to see more views on the huddle and yappi,and ovathletics.com on this report then on here.

Return to “Football”