D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

Post by Neutron Man »

Let's Rock!
#GoBurg

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

Post by Orange and Brown »

I don't expect many if any Coldwater fans to post on this site, but I am still going to warn everyone.

Keep it clean, keep it respectful.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

We will be looking for fake accounts!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Hopefully a good game! Coldwater always a state power, Wheelersburg having an incredible year!! Go SE Ohio.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Fake accounts and idiots = ban hammer.

GOOD LUCK BURG!!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg just needs to keep playing the same style of ball they have played all year. They have the big line to grind out some yards or they can put the ball in the air. Nothing fancy needed for next week. Just show them some good old Southern Ohio smash mouth football.

Should be a great game and I believe the winner of this game wins it all.

Is it Friday yet?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I honestly think burg will shock the state in this game!! Looking at coldwater, they are pretty much a mirror image of burg!! It's a huge task but I think we are up for the challange!! Good luck pirates!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BurgGrad6 wrote:I honestly think burg will shock the state in this game!! Looking at coldwater, they are pretty much a mirror image of burg!! It's a huge task but I think we are up for the challange!! Good luck pirates!!
Exactly what I was thinking looking at 2 teams who execute at an extremely high rate rarely making a mistake and waiting on the other team to make one and open the game up. Should one team make a mistake or 2 will be the difference in the game if both execute to a T, could easily see this one ending up in OT thinking it could be that close. Good Luck Burg remember you're playing a group of boys who've been in this spot year in and year out have to have a great week of practice and must improve/perfect every aspect of your game for this one.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Coldwater is a different animal. Always root for local teams but Wheelersburg's schedule doesn't have them ready for this game. Not Wheelersburg's fault but southern ohio football and this region were terrible this year.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

coop wrote:Fake accounts and idiots = ban hammer.

GOOD LUCK BURG!!!!
Here comes the boom :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

To start off I just want to say it is an awesome week for our program. An honor to play a team of such caliber. I do believe Burg has the best shot at knocking them off. Goose, I agree with the 4 quarter comment. This game will be close IMO.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Westfan wrote:Coldwater is a different animal. Always root for local teams but Wheelersburg's schedule doesn't have them ready for this game. Not Wheelersburg's fault but southern ohio football and this region were terrible this year.
You are correct their schedule is very tough and this is a team that finds itself in this situation each year so they know how to handle everything from the atmosphere to the game magnitude even factoring in a week where a team is dealing with no school mid week and thanksgiving this is something they've dealt with quite often and I know that sounds small but simply knowing what to expect going into that week is huge and helps in preparation. Burg will have to play the perfect game but I believe they are capable of hang with them have to get out to that early lead and make Coldwater play from behind can't allow them to take that early lead and bleed the clock out with that run game.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I have talked with a few Coldwater posters on the Puddle over the year and the general consensus is to switch coverages at the snap and make the QB read what's going on. They say that is the most efficient way to stymie the Coldwater O. Defensively they will be the most disciplined and smart team we have played, not only this year, but in a long time. Time to buckle up and take this thing head on and see what happens.
Go Burg!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Never went to game tonight but watching on Time Warner Zane Trace ran the ball really well against Wheelersburg's nickel defense. Wheelersburg will have to play nickel against Coldwater's spread. That isn't a good sign.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

:o oh no... ZT only had 35 yards in the second half. Burg adjusted well. We have shut down every team up to this point. Coldwater boys put their pants on the same way burg does... lol everybody calm down..

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

P(irate) wrote:I have talked with a few Coldwater posters on the Puddle over the year and the general consensus is to switch coverages at the snap and make the QB read what's going on. They say that is the most efficient way to stymie the Coldwater O. Defensively they will be the most disciplined and smart team we have played, not only this year, but in a long time. Time to buckle up and take this thing head on and see what happens.
Go Burg!
That is what Marion Local does. They give a 4-3 look and they widen the outside linebacker to the slot receivers to take away the spot passes that Coldwater runs. Change to a 3-4 and blitz on long yardage. Coldwater is good at the screen game but they can really run the ball. That's what makes them hard to stop.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Burg d is a 4-2-5

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg will be ready. If they can come out and prove they can move the ball down the field behind that big o-line, they can make it a game.

Looked at their roster in the program and they are not overly big. I'm sure they will be quick so look for Burg to keep the ball on the ground and if they stack the box, hit them with the quick pass.

By far this will be the best team Burg has faced all year but who is to say this isn't the best team Coldwater has faced all year.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Time to shock the world. This is gonna be a better game then some think

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

I agree the state champion comes out of this game!!! Good luck Burg