Freshman Team

Week 5 (4-0) Ironton @ (1-3) Portsmouth

Post by tigerpower89 »

Thoughts on this game

sprinter14
Varsity

Re: Week 5 (4-0) Ironton @ (1-3) Portsmouth

Post by sprinter14 »

Maybe my memory is slipping, but didn't Ironton tie up the all time series between these two teams last year? Ironton has to come in as a pretty heavy favorite and if they indeed win, wouldn't this be the first time in many years they have led the all time series? Anyone know for sure?

bd452
Waterboy

Post by bd452 »

Portsmouth might want to skip preparing for Ironton and concentrate on Logan for the following week. The Logan game mignt turn out to be the only winnable game for Portsmouth the rest of the year. With Ironton , Gallia and Jackson coming up, those 3 combined could be about 165-14. Won't be fun for the Trojans over the next month.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If Portsmouth's RB's that got hurt tonight cant go next week, Ptown will have a very hard time moving the ball.

Ironton's bread and butter is the power running game and Portsmouth has a hard time stopping it.

I would love to see Ptown pull off the upset for second level points, but I dont see it happening.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Portsmouth still has a decent running game, even if one of the RB isn't good to play. Not to mention the Trojans passing attack might give Ironton some fits in the Colliseum next week.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Ironton easily moves to 5-0 and then starts playing real competition....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

still one of the best rivalry games around. no doubt portsmouth has suffered their setbacks this year. but this is always a hard fought game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

RESPECT EVERYONE, FEAR NO ONE.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

This could be a trap game for Ironton it will be up to the coaches to make sure the players do not take P-town for granted after a huge win over a favored Ashland team this Ironton looks to be special and improves every week go Tigers

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

What? Are you out of your mind? Portsmouth very very very young team against 20+senior team with Lewis running all over everyone and you are worried about a trap? Now you got me chuckling. Ironton names the score in this one.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

0-10 NUFF Said! Many key players are out, day to day or dinged. The physical dominance will continue throughout the year. The beating drums are getting louder in Trojan territory!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hard to go 0-10, with a win under the belt. remember this are 15-18 year old kids we are talkin about. as if high school ain't hard enough already.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Ironton could score 80 if they wanted too. Hopefully it doesnt get way out of hand . and no injuries for either side, because the outcome is not in question in this contest.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:hard to go 0-10, with a win under the belt. remember this are 15-18 year old kids we are talkin about. as if high school ain't hard enough already.

Your elevator is still in the basement!! Let me help you out a little. I'm not calling for injury because a team took their ball elsewhere. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I haven't said a word about the Trojan players other than they deserve better! Who knows, maybe they'll prove me wrong and stuff Ironton this week and go on to win out! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Roy Munson wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote: remember this are 15-18 year old kids we are talkin about. as if high school ain't hard enough already.

You should remember that as well when you have the urge to call for Ironton to give another team a "bloody nose".

TOUCHE'-----BUT I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE GALLIA ACADEMY ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT FOR DROPPING US AS A LONG TIME RIVAL. SORRY FOR THE MISUNDERSTANDING. BUT IF THAT WAS HOW IT WAS TAKEN, YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT,AND I OFFER MY APOLOGIES TO ANYONE OFFENDED, THAT WAS NOT MY INTENTION. I PROMISE YOU THAT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

starbase_318 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:hard to go 0-10, with a win under the belt. remember this are 15-18 year old kids we are talkin about. as if high school ain't hard enough already.

Your elevator is still in the basement!! Let me help you out a little. I'm not calling for injury because a team took their ball elsewhere. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I haven't said a word about the Trojan players other than they deserve better! Who knows, maybe they'll prove me wrong and stuff Ironton this week and go on to win out! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

please refer to my most recent post, that is not all all, how i intended the comment to come over, and i offered my apologies. i was saying shame on gallia academy athletics for dropping us.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and i've not said anything negative about any player , nor will i.

you be sure to call me out if i do.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

Right now I would be more concerned about physical injury to my child if I were a PHS parent.

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

I think Tiger Bait was speaking "figuratively" and he did not mean to "literally" give anyone a bloody nose. I think Bait has apologized more than enough now.

I just heard a radio announcer say that Marshall had come out and "punched Ohio U in the gut early" - that doesn't mean anyone literally punched anyone, so please everyone remain calm.

Return to “Football”