2017 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: GA Football Job

Post by loganlocos »

LHS 72 wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:Heard tonight Penrod has applied.
I would be surprised I thinking he is waiting for an opening closer to home!
Not sure there could be another opening closer to home. He lives in Gallia County.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

morganjones wrote:If GA would hire an outsider and then give that person 4-5 years to get something done, they might be surprised with the results.

The only way the youth program gets better is if they start playing real competition, not the crappy pee-wee teams in Gallia and Meigs and Mason county. playing better teams will make the kids better, then they won't be gettin embarrassed by the likes of Jackson in high school.
Gallia now plays teams from a lot of area in there new pee wee league.. it is about time they quit playing just among themselves at that level

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Just don't understand ? " Fundamentals" man the wear and tear of the game that young ?
Last edited by bighead on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

Where are they at in the process of hiring this position? Kids need to get to work!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Gallia Academy Football 2017

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to you blue fellers from the French city, whilst lookin for the new head devil.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
morganjones
Riding the Bench

Post by morganjones »

The final day for applications is a day that doesn't exist.

The OHSAA jobs page says

Gallia Academy High School (Gallipolis, SE Ohio). Previous head coaching experience is preferred but not required. All interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and references to both Roger Mace, Superintendent at roger.mace@gc-k12.org and Adam Clark, Athletic Director at adam.clark@gc-k12.org. For questions or additional information, please call 740-446-3212 ext. 6. Deadline to apply is Saturday, Jan. 31, 2017.

morganjones
Riding the Bench

Post by morganjones »

galliagrad89 wrote:
morganjones wrote:Was the new youth program designed to compliment the varsity or as an attempt by some people to prove that they know better than the high school coaches?
IMO I don't think the varsity staff had much control as they should have. A lot of upset parents this year because of the league they got into. Not all kids got to play and it was more about winning than getting better at the fundamentals. At least they tried to make some improvements but nothing will improve until the Elks remove themselves and the head varsity football coach takes control.
If they don;t play better teams, they won't get better.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Programs like Point Meigs and RV I still think RV is up and coming ! My point is who ever gets the job best have a good sales pitch.

Thelongwindedanswer
Riding the Bench

Post by Thelongwindedanswer »

morganjones wrote:The final day for applications is a day that doesn't exist.

The OHSAA jobs page says

Gallia Academy High School (Gallipolis, SE Ohio). Previous head coaching experience is preferred but not required. All interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and references to both Roger Mace, Superintendent at roger.mace@gc-k12.org and Adam Clark, Athletic Director at adam.clark@gc-k12.org. For questions or additional information, please call 740-446-312 ext. 6. Deadline to apply is Saturday, Jan. 31, 2017.
The 31st is a Tuesday. So, it does exist,

morganjones
Riding the Bench

Post by morganjones »

^^^^^

Saturday, Jan. 31, 2017 does not exist.

Thelongwindedanswer
Riding the Bench

Post by Thelongwindedanswer »

morganjones wrote:^^^^^

Saturday, Jan. 31, 2017 does not exist.
Whoops looks like I need to invest in new reading glasses :lol:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Orange and Brown wrote:Having the varsity coach involved in youth football doesn't mean much. We are talking about kids in 3rd thru 6th grade. They don't need to be involved in any offense or defense that the high school runs. At that age it's about blocking and tackling. Those are the important things kids that age should be learning.

Thank you OB. Most people don't get that and it's so true

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

loganlocos wrote:
LHS 72 wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:Heard tonight Penrod has applied.
I would be surprised I thinking he is waiting for an opening closer to home!
Not sure there could be another opening closer to home. He lives in Gallia County.
I think we all meant to his original hometown.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Penrod's wife is very involved in the community in gallipolis.. I think she would like to raise their kids here that is part of the reason I thought he would apply.. I think he would also like to prove a lot of people wrong who didn't give him a fair shake the last 2 times.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

The last two times ?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

svac83 wrote:Penrod's wife is very involved in the community in gallipolis.. I think she would like to raise their kids here that is part of the reason I thought he would apply.. I think he would also like to prove a lot of people wrong who didn't give him a fair shake the last 2 times.
He didn't apply last time because he had already applied for the Alex job and they showed a lot of interest so he stuck to his commitment.....

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Well i mean the last 2 times by saying. He applied when coach Eddy left. And if i remember correctly. When coach Bart left, he had interviewed with Alexander. Been offered the job. The Gallia academy job became eligible he asked Alexander to hold on for a second. Realized the Blue Devil job was not even going to be posted they just handed it to the next coach and he went ahead and took the Alexander job.

This might not be the way that it happened but this is the way i understood it happening. And in my opinion that would be snubbed twice.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

svac83 wrote:Well i mean the last 2 times by saying. He applied when coach Eddy left. And if i remember correctly. When coach Bart left, he had interviewed with Alexander. Been offered the job. The Gallia academy job became eligible he asked Alexander to hold on for a second. Realized the Blue Devil job was not even going to be posted they just handed it to the next coach and he went ahead and took the Alexander job.

This might not be the way that it happened but this is the way i understood it happening. And in my opinion that would be snubbed twice.
No when the rumors of him getting the Gallia job started he told Alexander that he was committed to them and that ended the Gallia rumors.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

You would know better then me.. around Gallia I never heard a rumor about Penrod.. my son was on team at time.. coach bart said he was leaving one day. The kids were told who there coach would be next day if he wanted the job.. The only think that made me think Penrod had wanted job was that Alexander thread that said he was new head coach and then it said he pulled out when Gallia job came up and then the next week he was named the coach at Alexander.... I believe you would know that situation better then me I talk to coach Penrod every time I see him but we rarely talk football.. we talk about our family's

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I hear the coach choosing will go pretty quick from here on out.. out of applications a short list has been made..

Return to “Football”