2017 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

svac83
SE

Re: Gallia Academy Football 2017

Post by svac83 »

bighead wrote:What the hell doing things in the community got to do about winning games ? They say the best teams in GA history is 48-49 may be off and 1970 and 1986 ??? How many years has it been since there been a out standing teams ! And what if teams players getting hurt ! It's time for the politicals to step back ! Hire someone like Paul Close or Donnie Johnson or TJ Spencer Howell ? Maybe Christian Scott ? Time for change !
Doing something in the community has nothing to do with any football games.. But your also not going to have the talent to win every and I think a part of being a good high school coach is making your boys become good citizens... you may not care I do..

Even with that said don't believe Paul Close would be interested he would be a great choice for coach but not sure he had the time for the duties of a head football coach.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

bighead wrote:What the hell doing things in the community got to do about winning games ? They say the best teams in GA history is 48-49 may be off and 1970 and 1986 ??? How many years has it been since there been a out standing teams ! And what if teams players getting hurt ! It's time for the politicals to step back ! Hire someone like Paul Close or Donnie Johnson or TJ Spencer Howell ? Maybe Christian Scott ? Time for change !
this is Gallia academy those names wouldn't get a sniff at the job. would be lucky to be an assistant their. even though jt has already been an assistant took up too much of his time plus he just had a baby not long ago.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Good luck Ga ! You need it!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I think that it would be great if Christian Scott were to become the HC at Gallipolis. I've know Coach Scott since elementary school at Washington, and you couldn't ask for a better man...

That being said, I have no idea if he would want the job or if he even applied.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

1999 made a regional final. That's pretty darn good.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

It will be a "proven winner" from Logan. And when it all shakes out remember you heard it here first. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Good Team !

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

Are you saying Amyx is headed to Gallia? What happened to Penrod? Also, I heard they were interviewing clear into March...any truth?

jottings1933
Riding the Bench

Post by jottings1933 »

Have they named a new football coach at GAHS? If so, who?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2017 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I've not heard ANYTHING JOTTINGS getting late in the game to install a system

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

my guess is they would hope to hire someone at march board meeting but i wont be shocked if it is late march or early April.
This has been screwed up the last 2 times think Mr. Clark more concerned about the right guy then getting a guy here to fast. Think everyone knows any coach has his work cut out here and not as worried about upcoming season as getting a guy here to make next 5 to 10 years or more better.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Just like a New field ! LOL My guess a inside job ! It's really sad how politics tear a program apart ! Just facts .

morganjones
Riding the Bench

Post by morganjones »

Heard that after there weer not many applicants, that six men were asked to apply

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

morganjones wrote:Heard that after there weer not many applicants, that six men were asked to apply

This may be true I do not know.... But I do know that when the job was posted there were several people contacted and asked to apply.. But people should not act like this is strange.. I know very few coach openings that if the athletic department is doing there job they don't reach out and ask people to apply

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

WOW been around GA sports since the late 60's ! Nothing surprises me when it comes to GA sports ! LOL

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

svac83 wrote:
morganjones wrote:Heard that after there weer not many applicants, that six men were asked to apply

This may be true I do not know.... But I do know that when the job was posted there were several people contacted and asked to apply.. But people should not act like this is strange.. I know very few coach openings that if the athletic department is doing there job they don't reach out and ask people to apply
Last I knew there were 20+ applicants. From those 20 they cut it down to 5 or so to interview.

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

Just saw that interviews of six applicants are happening next week. Hopefully we will know something soon.

morganjones
Riding the Bench

Post by morganjones »

hopefully they can hire somebody who can stop the talent drain from in town to the county schools... a lot of talent from the french city has played in red and white over the past few years

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

morganjones wrote:hopefully they can hire somebody who can stop the talent drain from in town to the county schools... a lot of talent from the french city has played in red and white over the past few years
I don't think anyone is too worried about this. i dont think it is a epidemic of it happen. Also several kids playing sports at Gallia academy that should be at a county school

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

You got to be kidding me ! Low blow !

Return to “Football”