2017 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: GA Football Job

Post by Orange and Brown »

bbjunky81 wrote:Penrod would be a homerun hire. Not sure if they can lure him away from Alexander, but if so, Gallia can pats themselves on the back for a job well done.
I think he is very happy at Alexander. The community loves him and his family. He is in a good situation. He has kids who are willing to work their tails off and parents who are willing to do anything for the program.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I know he is happy, and if he doesn't apply I will understand.. But I also know he knows he could build the same thing here.. he was the spearhead that got a lot of people involved when coach Eddy was here..

I wrongly gave Eddy some of that credit when he was here I realized after Eddy was gone quite a few things I thought was coach Eddy was really coach Penrod's..

I personally haven't talked to Alex since the first week of football season.. I would love to have him back but if not there are a lot of different people and a lot of different ways to get the job done.. I just hope they find one.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Who ever gets the job it will take time !

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Schools have to make educational plans that the school will follow for 1 year and 5+ years.As well as plans for almost everything involved with running a school. But many do not have a plan for coaches to follow besides job requirements. Not what the school will provide and support. Or even a 5 year plan to make major changes. High school football successful programs start with when kids start playing football in the lower grades. Coordination with the coaches. As well as a fitness plan for each player along with pushing education. Working everything together. Includes even more. But can not short change equipment and playing fields.

This is a school sport that to have a program year after year must be worked on the field and off. Team unity of players as well as parents and supporters. If not you kind of have the Cleveland Browns. With change all the time and not getting anywhere.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

"TRUE "

jottings1933
Riding the Bench

Post by jottings1933 »

Gallia has reorganized its Rinky-Dink football program. l.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

jottings1933 wrote:Gallia has reorganized its Rinky-Dink football program. l.
Great now link up that to the JH and HS. Learning and improving as the player progresses through the program. The same as teams improving as moving up. Learning team work and skills. Where the coaches are part of the machine that makes the program improve. Also parents are parents not controlling the team. As well as others off the field. Enjoy

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Like to see that !

jottings1933
Riding the Bench

Post by jottings1933 »

The new RD program is under the direction of former GAHS Coach Buddy Moore.

Keyser_sozeDeux
Waterboy

Post by Keyser_sozeDeux »

The youth football program is now run through the Gallipolis Elks.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wasting precious time on these hires it seems like. get a man and a staff established, and get this thing rolling already.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

svac83 wrote:I know he is happy, and if he doesn't apply I will understand.. But I also know he knows he could build the same thing here.. he was the spearhead that got a lot of people involved when coach Eddy was here..

I wrongly gave Eddy some of that credit when he was here I realized after Eddy was gone quite a few things I thought was coach Eddy was really coach Penrod's..

I personally haven't talked to Alex since the first week of football season.. I would love to have him back but if not there are a lot of different people and a lot of different ways to get the job done.. I just hope they find one.

Alex does not have much at all in the pipeline coming.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Gallipolis Elks ok !

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Penrod's next job will be to a better and bigger program. And that doesn't mean Logan. Also it might not be a head coaches job.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:wasting precious time on these hires it seems like. get a man and a staff established, and get this thing rolling already.
Gallia academy's job wasn't even posted until last board meeting.. figure you would take applications at least 3 weeks.. Before you interview..

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

OH I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT 83.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
morganjones
Riding the Bench

Post by morganjones »

Was the new youth program designed to compliment the varsity or as an attempt by some people to prove that they know better than the high school coaches?

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

morganjones wrote:Was the new youth program designed to compliment the varsity or as an attempt by some people to prove that they know better than the high school coaches?
IMO I don't think the varsity staff had much control as they should have. A lot of upset parents this year because of the league they got into. Not all kids got to play and it was more about winning than getting better at the fundamentals. At least they tried to make some improvements but nothing will improve until the Elks remove themselves and the head varsity football coach takes control.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Having the varsity coach involved in youth football doesn't mean much. We are talking about kids in 3rd thru 6th grade. They don't need to be involved in any offense or defense that the high school runs. At that age it's about blocking and tackling. Those are the important things kids that age should be learning.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

I have coached alot of years and kids ! I have had kids did not play much there 5th grade year and start there 6th ! I had kids that did want on the field ! And catch hell from parents for not playing there kid / Then you got your studs part of the game ! You got to no when to hold them and fold them ! At that age growth spurts ! Fundamentals is the key But everyone wants the "W" !

Return to “Football”