2017 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 2017 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by EasternDspy »

They competed in one tonight I watched it on gridiron glory Snapchat.

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

Any news from Gallia County on this year's team? The past few years haven't been pretty and they have fallen hard and fast. Hopefully they can return to form.

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

Did Jacob Campbell transfer in from river valley??

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I don't know anything about any transfers. But where technically summer weight lifting and conditioning is a open gym. I would say there have been some interesting people around the weight room at times of before and after workouts. But i would not necessarily take a lot from this as i saw a bunch of Blue devil basketball players at a river valley open gym for basketball recently. Well not a lot but a few.

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

route7 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:22 pm Did Jacob Campbell transfer in from river valley??
I am pretty sure I seen him on the gallia academy float wearing a blue devils jersey in the 4th of July parade a couple weeks ago

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:06 pm Have The Blue Devils competed in any 7 on 7's yet this summer?
They competed at Nelsonville-York with Eastern (Meigs), Miller, federal Hocking, Logan Elm, Nelsonville-York.
They did okay. They were playing hard. 7 on 7's are fun and a good opportunity for we're and receivers to get on the same page but nothing compares to when they pads come on.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Who is Jacob Campbell, and what is his usual position?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Bump

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Go Blue Devils!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Any news? Has practice started? Are the players selling those discount cards again this year?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Practice has started. I got my discount card around july 4th so they are out there. If you dont Know a football player reach out to Angie burns she had some left the last time i saw her.

Jacob Campbell power back.

scrimmage Tuesday the 8th on practice field with Athens. 10 am.
OVC preview at Portsmouth against South Point 6 pm on august 12th

A lot of young kids got some 7 on 7 snaps over summer do to injuries and things none should effect starting now.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Thanks, svac 83. Wont be able to attend the scrimmage or preview due to work and vacation, but I look forward to hearing about them and start of FOOTBALL SEASON!

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

What are the expectations for this year's team? I know they have struggled in recent memory. Anybody from Gallia give me their reasonable W-L outlook?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Honestly I don't think anyone has a clue. This team could easily be 0-10 or 1-9 again. But with a new coach a new system enthusiasm high. Will know more after next Saturday as of now. It is all hype.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

caught a little over an hour of the practice in between Athens and Gallia Academy yesterday morning. I am not sure if they ever got around to scrimmage 11 on 11 or not. Had to leave. First if anyone from Athens reads this thread don't be offended Athens is obviously a much better team then Gallia Academy and would probably crush them in a game right now.

!st the negatives from what i saw. On the one on one lineman drills i saw the Blue devils were over powered by the bigger Athens boys on a consistent basis. The one positive from this is when Blue devils were on Defensive side of this drill they took coaching very well and got better on every round.

7 on 7 part was pretty typical of any 7 on 7. Gallia QB looked pretty good after not being cleared to throw most of summer.

When they scrimmaged like 8 on 8. lines and running backs on offense. Defensive line and linebackers on defense. i wasn't presently surprised at how blue devils blocked as a offensive line. " biggest thing that impressed me here is Jacob campbell is a load. get hit in the backfield against probably close to a 300 pound defensive lineman and kept digging for about a 3 yard gain. knocked several lineman right to ground. Boo Pullins seems to be learning well off him. The linemen were actually able to hold blocks on most plays. on pass plays the line gave QB sometime.

On defense there was a few missed tackles but technique seemed better then last few years. Blue devils got penetration and was able to get some negative plays. They also got blown off ball some and gave up some huge gains.

I was left feeling like this team has a lot of work to do. But also thought this was a team more in blue devil tradition there was no doubt that the blue devils were the more physical of the 2 teams. But that is not saying a lot because Athens is always a little more finesse then physical. Also did not feel this team was near its peak performance. Attitude was totally different on team and it was good seeing coaches getting up in boys faces a little. A big change for me and to tell you how much staff has changed. Over the past few years i always thought Coach Mac was the most emotional and intense coach on our sidelines. Maybe coach Mac was more subdued because it was his birthday. But he was the most subdued of the entire staff.

The players showed more enthusiasm on field and sidelines then i have seen in years.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

WOW. Very proud of the Blue Devils in their 14 to 8 d feat in loss to meigs. I would of loved the win but the fundamentals the tackling, the toughness. Play like that all year and you will be a tough on anyone..

What a change in physical preparation and attitude that is how much difference the right coach can make.

Can you question somethings sure always can.

Return to “Football”