Minford (2-0) at Piketon (2-0)

knowledge
All Conference

Minford (2-0) at Piketon (2-0)

Post by knowledge »

Got kids on both sides of the ball that I have worked with and care about, so I will really enjoy taking in this game..... Thoughts on the outcome? Best of luck to both teams for a injury free ball game.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: Minford (2-0) at Piketon (2-0)

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Hard game to pick.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Piketon has steadily improved over the past few seasons. Very balanced attack on offense and they can pick up yards in a hurry. They are a solid ball club and thats why they are 2-0.

I think Minford will score quite a few points on Piketon, but it will be up to Minford's defense to win the game with aggressive play and good tackling.

At the end of the day I think Minford's line and multiple weapons on offense will prevail.

Minford 28
Piketon 21

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I'll take the Falcons in this.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I know it's week 3, but this is a BIG POINT game, IMO.

Gotta go SOC!!

Falcons 28

Streaks 22

Sheik Yerboutie
Waterboy

Post by Sheik Yerboutie »

This game will be in the 30's for both teams. I predicted Piketon would run the table this year so that obviously means I pick the Streaks to win. But the Falcons are pretty good and I expect to see one of the best games of the year.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Why do you believe both teams will be in the 30s? Are both offenses that much better than their defenses? I'm going to go with Minford by 10+. Hope the youngsters stay healthy!

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Sheik Yerboutie wrote:This game will be in the 30's for both teams. I predicted Piketon would run the table this year so that obviously means I pick the Streaks to win. But the Falcons are pretty good and I expect to see one of the best games of the year.

30 plus points by both squads? 

The chain gang at Piketon better do a little more cardio this week and a little less 12oz curls if they want to make it through the game.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Always a good match-up here!! Both offenses have been very good thus far, Minford with mostly their running game, and Piketon looks very balanced running and passing. Minford's offensive line has been outstanding to this point, and I believe that will be the difference in this game. In addition, the coaching staff of Minford will make Piketon's offense beat them with short passing. 34-20 Minford. BTW, the new road uniforms are awesome!!!!

Huey
Waterboy

Post by Huey »

This will be a very tough match-up for my Falcons. I think that the Falcon O-fense has looked very good. And to score that many points on Wellston, at Wellston, was better than I thought they could do. I think that Piketon will have a very hard time stopping the Falcons. If we can get our passing game going, we will be real hard to beat. I think that will be the difference in us scoring in the 40's or the 30's. If we can hit some passes, it will really open up our running game.
As for our D-fense, so far it's a toss-up!!! Who really knows how good we really are. We have proved time and again, that we don't tackle very well. And we are not very physical at all, nobody popping any pads out there. And what really scares me, is that we haven't faced a team with any kind of passing attack. This week will tell us if we can stop the pass or not. If we can't, Piketon might score 40 points, and beat us. I think this will be the best test, to show if we will be there in the end, for the SOC.
And one more thing, if we can't stop the penalties, we will never win a close game. And I think this one will be a close game. Some of those "brain dead" mistakes will really cost us in a close game. Hopefully we will do better!!!
I still have some high hopes for this year's Falcons. And I think they have a chance to be very special. Good Luck Falcons, hopefully they will put it all on the field Friday night.

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Big game in the Village this Friday! Minford has had Piketons number over the years. Piketon is senior loaded with skill and linemen. A 2 year starting QB and speed. If the Streaks limit the mistakes, they should have a chance to win this game. Lets Go Streaks~!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Minfords secondary must play well against Piketon. If not, the Streaks will throw all over the place and run away with it. The best defense against the Streaks is a good offense. They will score, and can score quick. Piketons offense is one of the better units I've seen in quite some time.

Carter
Riding the Bench

Post by Carter »

Piketon

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

VERY tough game to decide

swamprat
Riding the Bench

Post by swamprat »

Home team wins this

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

No doubt the hardest test for both teams so far. I think both teams that Minford and Piketon have beat are winless, so this game will help the winner find out how good they are. Piketon sounds like they are experienced and physical. Minford has a good mix of speed, depth at some positions, and experience.

I really think this will be a tight game. I think my Falcons will win, but they will have to cut out the mental breakdowns that have been there the first two weeks to get it done.

Looking forward to a good matchup this Friday.

Sheik Yerboutie
Waterboy

Post by Sheik Yerboutie »

starbase_318 wrote:Why do you believe both teams will be in the 30s? Are both offenses that much better than their defenses? I'm going to go with Minford by 10+. Hope the youngsters stay healthy!
You guessed it. I am saying both offenses are better than the defenses. This leads to a game in the 30's. Minford will rack up plenty of points with a smashmouth style while Piketon can mix up both inside and outside running plus a very potent passing attack. Not to mention a very talented and versatile QB. Yes, this is a very tough game to predict. :aaaaa8

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Piketon wins.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

42 28 Minford

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Redman wrote:42 28 Minford
This sounds most likely to be a high scoring game. The team that makes a play or 2 on defense wins this game IMO, but I am very confident that team will be Minford. :12223

Return to “Football”