Who will be the new head football coaches in the OVC

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Who will be the new head football coaches in the OVC

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

been friends with Merrill bout all my life.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
JV Team

Post by 1906 »

farmer wrote:Say what you want the football team has not won since the move and this year. Well believe what you want. As you can make excuses but their record will not change.
2 examples of schools in the OVC. Chesapeke had a terrible year when they had to play games up the road at South Point. Even though practice was still at the school. Ironton when they were building the school. They went to school away from the football field.

You can debate it all you like. But whatever it is it is not working and has not worked for years.
they don't have the athletes period. who is making excuses?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

1906 wrote:
farmer wrote:Say what you want the football team has not won since the move and this year. Well believe what you want. As you can make excuses but their record will not change.
2 examples of schools in the OVC. Chesapeke had a terrible year when they had to play games up the road at South Point. Even though practice was still at the school. Ironton when they were building the school. They went to school away from the football field.

You can debate it all you like. But whatever it is it is not working and has not worked for years.
they don't have the athletes period. who is making excuses?
Right why waste time and money to give them something better. Just phone in the games.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Well there playoff appearance and last playoff victory was after school was moved. As far as practice goes. I think by next year several practices a week will be at the high School and i think by 2018 they will break ground on the field house. So all weight lifting and everything will be there but i will be shocked if they are still not playing games down town for another 10 years. And i would say most kids in band live closer to the football field then the high school. And for summer practice i know the downtown field closer for most of them but i hate the kids driving downtown for practice after high school that is a tragedy in the making.

As far as Gallia not having the athletes i think they have the athletes to compete. They dont have the bigs to compete. I don't know what happened to all the bigger kids that would go to Gallia academy but i would be shocked in whole school at assembly there were more then 10 or 12 boys who would be natural 200 lb kids. if you cant block anyone no offense is going to be effective.

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

heard legendary hall of fame getback coach from arnton, tim Collins is putting in for the rock hillian program...gonna put em on the map!! gonna make terry nelson his o-cordinatoer

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I realize it was 30 years ago, but I walked from Gallia Street to Spartan Stadium, down by the River, every day after school for quite a long time to get to our practice facility, and we did preety well in healping to turn around an 0-10 Trojan football squad......if you want it go get it

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ArntonFartinTiger wrote:heard legendary hall of fame getback coach from arnton, tim Collins is putting in for the rock hillian program...gonna put em on the map!! gonna make terry nelson his o-cordinatoer
classless is what this is -- tim is a great guy from a great family. and has given his entire adult life to fighting tiger sports. to say this is absurd, making fun of someone who has given so much to fighting tiger football, and baseball.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

LetsGoPSU wrote:I realize it was 30 years ago, but I walked from Gallia Street to Spartan Stadium, down by the River, every day after school for quite a long time to get to our practice facility, and we did preety well in healping to turn around an 0-10 Trojan football squad......if you want it go get it

absolutely.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

LetsGoPSU wrote:I realize it was 30 years ago, but I walked from Gallia Street to Spartan Stadium, down by the River, every day after school for quite a long time to get to our practice facility, and we did preety well in healping to turn around an 0-10 Trojan football squad......if you want it go get it
As you said you walked 30 years ago. You forgot to mention you walked without a cell phone. Which I am sure you still made it there and enjoyed it all.Which also formed a pretty good team and future teams.

Just that times are way different not just the players. As well as parents complaining about the walk for this reason or that. Along with complaining about what might happen. Things were made to work back 30 years because complaining would not get you anywhere. Gallipolis the school is out of town a few miles. The plans was to move the football field after building the school . Just leave it where it is.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

I think Alex Penrod will be the new coach at Gallia Academy

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

svac83 ! A little history lesson ! The days of 3rd and 4th ave players are gone !politics killed the program ! I call it the Chickamauga creek monster curse ! Know new field starts there ! 60/70 /80 / 90 / players will be hard to come by ! Killed by a few. Jmo !

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Your not going to have the players of 70's 80,s and 90's because you don't have the population and enrollment anymore.. A lot of you guys like to compare gallia talent when they were probably graduating 250 a class and and had enrollment of 800 to 1000..

Do you realize Gallia academy graduated 139 and 108 total kids in last 2 years.. and I may be wrong but I was doing some stuff for kids and I went to get number of students and there aren't 500 kids there..

Besides that a lot of people have moved out of town.. that is why it is only a village now.. You guys can blame it what you want... Gallia schools are in possision it is in.. Because when they needed to build new schools and build infrastructure they didn't.. Growth moved other places look at the growth Jackson has had because they made those decisions years before Gallia.. So don't compare to good old days it is not the same place.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Your right about one thing Gallipolis is a Village but they tax the people to death ! Now they want to move city limits farther out for "city " taxes ! That's one reason RV will and is up and coming ! Not me can't live in the limits or my off springs good luck !
Last edited by bighead on Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Good old days you can never take them away ! And some may never happen again !How much is it now to play a sport at GA now ?

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Next Head Coach at GA should be Jim Niday !

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Sounds much like 2 others schools that are also now in the OVC in Ironton and Portsmouth. Change has happened in all 3 towns. All still trying to hold on to the past as well as prepare for the future.
Things will never be like the past. Unless you are planning a Back to the Future IV movie.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

bighead wrote:Next Head Coach at GA should be Jim Niday !
You cant be serious, KW.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

somebody lost a bet.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

No Gallia is not getting the Burg coach unless I am really misreading that situation.

No GA is not getting Penrod, he most likely happy at Alexander and I am not even sure his alma-mater Logan could fetch him away. Trying to take D2 Logan given their situation and competing is not good when you have D5 Alexander and some nice athletes. My guess is he stays at Alexander, don't see a move to Gallia. But who knows anything possible.

Politics aside (and they have a lot of it their) Gallia is stuck and the climb out has and will continue to be difficult. The current D4 spot may help them compete or if they fall further to D5, but I don't see any play-off runs in the next 5 year.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

this school probably will still be D-4 next time around because a lot of schools keep shrinking. This team can turn it around it relatively short amount of time if right man hired. I have no idea who that man is. I would not be surprised to see Penrod as coach. But i also would not be surprised if he could not care less about this job.

If he applies then that should be a sign to all of you that things have changed and the same people aren't making decisions there. I only know of one person that has applied for position so far. I am not in the know. I only know this because i ran into them at Walmart and they told me they had applied.

Return to “Football”