Schools that charge for parking?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Schools that charge for parking?

Post by noreply66 »

Zunardo wrote:
Tigercannon71 wrote: Ironton started charging last year. They said if you don't charge during regular season you can't charge during the playoffs so they started charging a fee to park on the school lot. Players can't even park on the lot any more. My mom and Dad get to the game at like 5 and since I was in school they parked at the same spot every time, but not any more they have to park on the street next to the stadium. It's a bunch of crap to charge people to park on the school lot.
As Orange and Brown confirmed earlier, that is incorrect. I've seen a number of people swear that the stipulation is true, so it may have been an OHSAA rule in years past, but not today.

In fact, the only OHSAA reg you can find on charging parking fees for football games is regarding tournament games - see section 4, item 16:
http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/ftrglt.pdf

NOTE: I believe the $3.00 maximum is an increase from 2015. Then and in prior years, the max listed was $2.00
Orange and Brown wrote:
noreply66 wrote: That's not the case. OHSAA encourages schools to charge for parking during playoff games but it doesn't matter weather you charge or not in the regular season.
Schools charge for parking during playoff games because they keep all of that money.
If you are hosting a neutral site game you don't make any money from ticket sales at all and even if you are hosting a first round game you only male a 1.20 per presale ticket.
Exactly right. Hamilton Township has been hosting playoff games since 2008, and we have only charged to park for those games - never during the regular season. You'd think we would have been dinged by OHSAA by now if there was such a by-law about the regular season, and I know of other host schools who only charge when hosting playoffs.

There have been two playoff games at Hamilton Twp where we did NOT charge for parking - the only two times HT was the higher seed with home field advantage in week 11. That was an administrative decision by the athletic department, and I don't think our fans or the visiting fans minded one bit.
The quote above was not made by me :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

noreply66 wrote:
The quote above was not made by me :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
My apologies, noreply66. I was trying to quote Orange and Brown and delete the additional quotes by others, and didn't clear your name out, and I didn't catch it.

I just fixed my post, so it should look better now. Thanks for the heads-up.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Everything is fine...Thanks

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”