SEOPS Hippo

Re: Chesapeake @ coal grove

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I too think the Peak wins.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

It's obvious that Peake is the favored team. But I believe that the grove wants the end their season with a statement towards next year and what their young team will be bringing to the OVC. So..... Obviously I pick the grove!

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Peake speed makes a difference. Meadows plays best game of his career and Stephens field goal leads to a 24-12 Panther win.

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

Here are the results of common opponents this season for these two teams:

Coal Grove / South Point (21-0) W
Coal Grove / Rock Hill (33-21) W
Coal Grove / Ironton (6-13) L
Coal Grove / Fairland (20-13) W
Coal Grove / Portsmouth (34-7) W

Chesapeake / South Point (35-0) W
Chesapeake / Rock Hill (20-27) L-OT
Chesapeake / Ironton (14-21) L
Chesapeake / Fairland (36-6) W
Chesapeake / Portsmouth (49-18)

It looks like the Panthers have the better offensive numbers, but the Hornets have the better defensive numbers, slightly. This is another OVC game of contrasting styles, and ultimately this game will come down to ball control and turnovers.

If Coal Grove can keep the ball out of the hands of the Chesapeake Offense by chewing up the clock with a strong running game and not turning the ball over, then they will most likely win this game.

If however, the time of possession and turnover ratio favors Chesapeake, then the Peake will most likely win and waltz into the playoffs.

Key stats to watch in this game are Turnovers and Time of Possession, with turnovers being the most important.

Scottyace
Waterboy

Post by Scottyace »

Game will be on 800 AM....preface at 6:30...also, tv rebroadcast early next week on Armstrong

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

Haha. This thread has already fell to the second page! Lol. Where are all the Panther fans and Hornet fans? Well i know where the CG fans are, hiding behind the woodshed where the Panthers left them. Panther fans you should be out in full force, you have something to be proud of!

Buckeye09
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeye09 »

fred_flinstone wrote:Haha. This thread has already fell to the second page! Lol. Where are all the Panther fans and Hornet fans? Well i know where the CG fans are, hiding behind the woodshed where the Panthers left them. Panther fans you should be out in full force, you have something to be proud of!

I believe you are on the wrong website. You are looking for topix. This is seops and there is no reason to bash the CG boys about losing this game. Remember, these boys are kids.

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

Buckeye09 wrote:
fred_flinstone wrote:Haha. This thread has already fell to the second page! Lol. Where are all the Panther fans and Hornet fans? Well i know where the CG fans are, hiding behind the woodshed where the Panthers left them. Panther fans you should be out in full force, you have something to be proud of!

I believe you are on the wrong website. You are looking for topix. This is seops and there is no reason to bash the CG boys about losing this game. Remember, these boys are kids.
Very well said Buckeye! Fortunately the Panther fans have a little more class than our friend Mr Flinstone. Best of luck to Chesapeake from a Hornet fan!

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

Has nothing to do with the cg boys but some fans I have delt with in the past. Also it does my hear good getting the jug back! Sorry to have offended anybody!

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

Notice I said where are all Hornet FANS!

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

Panther fans are very proud of our boys! There just isn't a need to get on here and pound our chests. I'll speak for myself and say that high school football is cyclical. Some teams are able to restock quicker than others. Chesapeake has a Senior led team with great support from underclassmen. Coal Grove is young, Fairland is young, South Point is young. They also all have 1st year coaches. In a year or 2 they could be handing out the beatings and the Peake be on the short end. These are just kids who all work hard, and as adults we should let them decide things on the field. As said in another comment, this sight looks like Topix way too often for my tastes. Some good natured ribbing back and forth is fun as long as no one takes it too seriously.
I didn't mean for this to be such a long rant but I just needed to get it off my chest. I'm going back to being excited for the playoffs and finding out where the Peake is going to play. It might be a crap storm, as FalconFan so eloquently put in another thread, but so be it. I'm willing to take my chances with this group of Panthers any day against anyone. GO PEAKE!!

Buckeye09
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeye09 »

PantherPride wrote:
Panther fans are very proud of our boys! There just isn't a need to get on here and pound our chests. I'll speak for myself and say that high school football is cyclical. Some teams are able to restock quicker than others. Chesapeake has a Senior led team with great support from underclassmen. Coal Grove is young, Fairland is young, South Point is young. They also all have 1st year coaches. In a year or 2 they could be handing out the beatings and the Peake be on the short end. These are just kids who all work hard, and as adults we should let them decide things on the field. As said in another comment, this sight looks like Topix way too often for my tastes. Some good natured ribbing back and forth is fun as long as no one takes it too seriously.
I didn't mean for this to be such a long rant but I just needed to get it off my chest. I'm going back to being excited for the playoffs and finding out where the Peake is going to play. It might be a crap storm, as FalconFan so eloquently put in another thread, but so be it. I'm willing to take my chances with this group of Panthers any day against anyone. GO PEAKE!!
Also very well said Panther Pride. And yes I Do remember the whole crap storm comment all to well. But, I'm with you and will take my chances with these boys any Friday or Saturday. In a Basketball Community, they have made these Football Fans Proud.

Return to “Football”