Why did the last Burg vs Zane Trace Post get locked????

Tribal Force
Riding the Bench

Why did the last Burg vs Zane Trace Post get locked????

Post by Tribal Force »

I think the lock is getting abused by someone now. Nothing bad was said in the last thread. Sorry if I Offended someone for saying Burg would win this game. :roll:

breadandbutter7
Waterboy

Re: Why did the last Burg vs Zane Trace Post get locked????

Post by breadandbutter7 »

getting annoying...........

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Nothing was wrong with the second thread....yet, should have let it rolled for a bit and seen if everyone had gotten their chest thumping out of the way in the first one.

breadandbutter7
Waterboy

Post by breadandbutter7 »

I don't see why they get locked either way. Most of us are grown here and aren't going to get butt hurt over a post online.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

breadandbutter7 wrote:I don't see why they get locked either way. Most of us are grown here and aren't going to get butt hurt over a post online.

Cause It Is Against The Board Rules!

RESPECT! It is a HS Sports Site Not Act Like HS Kids Site!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I locked it because by the end of the day it would end up like the last one.

We aren't doing this. I may unlock the thread in a couple of days, but for now their will be no threads about this game.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Orange and Brown wrote:I locked it because by the end of the day it would end up like the last one.

We aren't doing this. I may unlock the thread in a couple of days, but for now their will be no threads about this game.
Maybe you should listen to your consumers. We all wore our big boy pants today. Only a few were bashing. Lock them. Anyone can start a website, let the people enjoy the week with their banter.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:I locked it because by the end of the day it would end up like the last one.

Maybe you should listen to your consumers. We all wore our big boy pants today. Only a few were bashing. Lock them. Anyone can start a website, let the people enjoy the week with their banter.
We cleaned it up just like you asked in the first thread. Then we get a couple newbs talking out the side of their neck. Lock them not the thread. We all are grown men and are just having a little fun. I don't see the harm in that. We have all been around for a long time. You warned me over a post that was maybe borderline but definitely not offensive. I defended myself.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I clicked on a page of that thread at random and the first few posts I saw were about Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm, and a nuke being dropped on Waverly. Obviously, none of those things are relevant to the game being played and I'm personally all for banter acts but a lot of those posts simply have no direction and (to put it bluntly) clog up a thread many people want to read for football/game-related insights only.
wobycat wrote:Maybe you should listen to your consumers.
I personally would like to see a precedent of "game-related thread and banter act thread", or something to separate the information from the entertainment. If there is one problem with SEOPs (and its nothing against the staff or moderators who work hard), its that meta-posting and back-and-forth (often unrelated to football) can take a thread from 10 posts to 100 over two or three days. It makes for very tough reading.

A question if someone can answer: to what affect, if any, do threads and post counts pertinent to said threads have on a site's storage? I wonder if threads with very high post counts caused the site to crash or make it difficult for it to recover.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

formerfcfan wrote:I clicked on a page of that thread at random and the first few posts I saw were about Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm, and a nuke being dropped on Waverly. Obviously, none of those things are relevant to the game being played and I'm personally all for banter acts but a lot of those posts simply have no direction and (to put it bluntly) clog up a thread many people want to read for football/game-related insights only.
wobycat wrote:Maybe you should listen to your consumers.
I personally would like to see a precedent of "game-related thread and banter act thread", or something to separate the information from the entertainment. If there is one problem with SEOPs (and its nothing against the staff or moderators who work hard), its that meta-posting and back-and-forth (often unrelated to football) can take a thread from 10 posts to 100 over two or three days. It makes for very tough reading.

A question if someone can answer: to what affect, if any, do threads and post counts pertinent to said threads have on a site's storage? I wonder if threads with very high post counts caused the site to crash or make it difficult for it to recover.
:lol: :lol:

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

There is nothing wrong with chest thumping. This is two undefeated schools playing each other for a regional championship. As far as name calling I get it. We are all grown and should conduct ourselves as such ( I'm guilty)!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Me thinks the Pirates of Wheelersburg land shall defeat the Pioneers of Zane Trace land.

Good luck to the lads of Wheelersburg land.

PirateFan888
Waterboy

Post by PirateFan888 »

Punishing all is not the proper response. I respectfully ask you to reassess this situation. Thanks in advance.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

formerfcfan wrote:I clicked on a page of that thread at random and the first few posts I saw were about Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm, and a nuke being dropped on Waverly. Obviously, none of those things are relevant to the game being played and I'm personally all for banter acts but a lot of those posts simply have no direction and (to put it bluntly) clog up a thread many people want to read for football/game-related insights only.
Here is the quote from the previous post:

"A couple hashtags to remember as the chest thumping ramps up this week lol:

#hollyholm #rondarousey

Stay humble and hungry my friends."

That has everything to do with this game, the analogy being respect your opponent.

If you don't understand that too bad.

burg1
Riding the Bench

Post by burg1 »

All these Burg- ZT threads need unlocked. It's like where i work...If someone abuses the smoke break and takes extra time outside, then we have a staff meeting to discuss employees abusing breaks when we all know it was that one dude over there. Some fun banter got a bit carried away but it's actually pretty much all in fun.

Two great teams going at it this week. It will be decided on the field. I feel that Burg is the stronger team and will get away in the 2nd half, but anything can happen.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Well I think the trace are fine folks up there in Chillicothe. They bring one fine terrific team to waverly. The wheelersburg pirates will bring their rough and tough squad up there to knock off those rascals. The pigskin sure will fly around Friday. Gee o willickers this will be one super duper game.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Abe Froman wrote:
Here is the quote from the previous post:

"A couple hashtags to remember as the chest thumping ramps up this week lol:

#hollyholm #rondarousey

Stay humble and hungry my friends."

That has everything to do with this game, the analogy being respect your opponent.

If you don't understand that too bad.
1) No, that is not the post I am referring to. This is the post.
2) I am well aware of what analogies are, thank you.
3) No, it is not beyond comprehension what an analogy is, and that is not what I said at all "made for difficult reading". What makes for difficult reading is the flow of posts. That page, page 6, is mired with meta-posting, back-and-forth, and posts of no significance nor relevance to the topic at hand along with ad hominem attacks. Forgive me if I am one that wants to see intelligent, meaningful conversation in one place. Again, not against banter acts but I'm of the school of thought they (should) have their own place. I, and presumably many others, would like to be able to read about the game and thoughts and predictions. If we wanted to go directly to drivel (and not banter acts, we're talking the back-and-forth and personal attacks) then we would load up another tab and go on the Topix forum for Portsmouth.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I think with dedicated linemen for offense and defense playing for Burg, you can wear the other team out by the end of the game. To be as deep personnel wise as Burg is will be a big plus.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Let ole legend here tell ya why the post was locked.

To many butt hurt people get on here. Fans coaches and players and they whine and cry until it gets locked. Just like the logan thread about going 8-2 and not making they all whined when we said they SUCKED and could'nt beat a real team.

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Sounds like a power struggle to me ;)

Return to “Football”